02-07-12 08:55 PM
39 12
tools
    twitter, skype, netflix, hulu

I'd add pandora and kindle but the android versions I have work flawlessly
    02-03-12 08:02 AM
    haha, it's just watching films/TV programmes online. I don't think it's that great to be honest.
    They just released it in the UK. 6 a month but a 30 day free trial. I'm on the trial and it's alright but there isn't that much on there. Love Film is a lot better, even if it costs a bit more.

Plus, iPlayer and 4oD kind of do the job most of the time.
    TV online - as you say, in the UK both the BBC and ITV iPlayers will do most of that job. Don't watch a lot of telly anyway, so this app would be a waste of money for me.
    02-03-12 09:23 AM
    Skype for sure
    02-03-12 09:46 AM
    im sick in bed with a stomach flu right now. hoo boy could i use netflix. id be watching "the walking dead" and feeling newly connected with how the zombies must feel.

uuuuggghhh....
    andrewmcwhirter likes this.
    02-03-12 01:14 PM
    I feel that it's not the apps that are needed but some apps really need to be polished. Appworld, music player, podcasts....and even the browser has got to stop dying on me when i open up 3 or more tabs. If the native apps are better polished, i would be extremely happy.
    andrewmcwhirter likes this.
    02-03-12 01:58 PM
    I would have to agree on 2 of these... Netflix & Skype. I would like to see a FREE Angry Birds & a FREE Texting App for non BB Phone owners similar to the ones available on the iPod touch. I would however love to see DOLPHIN Web Browser or Opera on it. I've already contacted Dolphin & they "will take it into consideration"... But I am looking forward to OS 2...
    It looks like they took your suggestion to heart. I just downloaded Dolphin Browser 7.1 from AppWorld and I'm typing this reply on it. It's fast with JavaScript disabled.
    02-07-12 12:20 AM
    what's slingbox?
    02-07-12 04:20 PM
    Those 3 apps are Skype, Netflix and Slingbox.
    All useless for me.

I've never used Skype and don't know anyone who does. I hate Netflix with a passion and I've never had a Slingbox as its use in Canada is fairly restricted.

I'd be happy with a half decent PDF reader, preferably one that included tabbed documents so I can have multiple open. If it worked like tabbed browser windows I'd be happy.
    8230 likes this.
    02-07-12 04:26 PM
    I agree with Netflix and Skype. I would prefer #3 be a good GPS app with offline maps, #4 a good PDF reader/annotator like GoodReader.
    02-07-12 06:33 PM
    All useless for me.

I've never used Skype and don't know anyone who does. I hate Netflix with a passion and I've never had a Slingbox as its use in Canada is fairly restricted.

I'd be happy with a half decent PDF reader, preferably one that included tabbed documents so I can have multiple open. If it worked like tabbed browser windows I'd be happy.
    Not to sure what you mean by "Slingbox ... use in Canada is fairly restricted" I know lots of people in my part of Canada that uses it, especially people that are on the move or working overseas, ditto to skype!
    02-07-12 06:43 PM
    The problem with slingbox is that they are pretty bad at supporting even products that they already have apps for...

Better hope it works well on the first release.

A good mapping app is kind of a must (even putting the offline maps aside). Right now the current offerings are poor.
    02-07-12 06:48 PM
    Definitely Skype. I can live without Slingbox as I do not mind watching it on my laptop. The main issue is around languages support! This makes PB much less attractive to many BlackBerry users around the world.
    Last edited by doxa sub750T; 02-07-12 at 08:48 PM.
    02-07-12 06:56 PM
    Those 3 apps are Skype, Netflix and Slingbox.
    Agree 1000%.
    02-07-12 07:42 PM
    thank you for sharing your personal opinion based on your own personal preferences. thank you also for making it clear that this is your own opinion instead of being like all the dough heads here who claim that those apps you listed are a must have for everyone instead of just them.
    02-07-12 08:55 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD