Given it's current configuration (software and hardware) with accompaning software and available accessories the Playbook is only 3 apps away from being my perfect device.

Those 3 apps are Skype, Netflix and Slingbox.

I am hoping those will be delivered by their respective vendors once the 2.0 software is released.

I saw the post about Netflix via PlayOn but I want a native app.

Enjoy your day.
    Willard814 and cdelcampo216 like this.
    02-02-12 08:27 AM
    two for me,

Netflix, and pacman championship edition
    Willard814 and collapsed like this.
    02-02-12 08:37 AM
    I'm not familiar with Netflix on a mobile device ... does it demand streaming via WIFI, or can it cache a show locally on the device temporarily for 'offline' viewing?
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-02-12 08:41 AM
    The PB is perfect even without those apps you mentioned! The QNX and hardware for the PB are unprecedented! The PB is the best multitasking tablet on the market to date! Nothing beats it... nothing!
    teeuwen likes this.
    02-02-12 08:46 AM
    What about hulu!
    02-02-12 08:48 AM
    Legit Words with friends games. Stand alone Pandora app. And skype. Plus movie library to rent and buy hd content

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    02-02-12 08:51 AM
    Given it's current configuration (software and hardware) with accompaning software and available accessories the Playbook is only 3 apps away from being my perfect device.

I am hoping those will be delivered by their respective vendors once the 2.0 software is released.

I saw the post about Netflix via PlayOn but I want a native app.

Enjoy your day.
    I would have to agree on 2 of these... Netflix & Skype. I would like to see a FREE Angry Birds & a FREE Texting App for non BB Phone owners similar to the ones available on the iPod touch. I would however love to see DOLPHIN Web Browser or Opera on it. I've already contacted Dolphin & they "will take it into consideration"... But I am looking forward to OS 2...
    02-02-12 08:54 AM
    I agree with you they need these apps. For me to I don't understand the gps on it.. Doesn't work right and that's something anyone working on the road needs is a good native maps app
    02-02-12 08:55 AM
    I don't think it's missing any apps that badly. Even Skype and Netflix - I say that because personally I don't use them much, so that only applies to me.
    I haven't been able to find a Sat Nav - that would be useful...

For me, it's a function away from perfection - USB host. Would allow people to go beyond current storage and expand functions. It would be a lot more useful on the road.
    02-02-12 08:58 AM

I linked the forum threads on NetFlix and SlingBox. Go there, if you haven't already, and comment your support.

As for Skype, nothing really to do except the e-mail campaign. However, now that the PlayBook Native SDK is available, there is a possibility of using the Skype C++ option to make a app for the PlayBook. I'm not 100% sure about that, but I'm sure someone with more knowledge than me would be able to figure it out.
    02-02-12 08:58 AM
    Legit Words with friends games. Stand alone Pandora app. And skype. Plus movie library to rent and buy hd content

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    The sideloaded Pandora app for Android works fine with the OS 2 beta.
    02-02-12 09:05 AM
    I would also like to see Skype on this thing. I want to see a good astronomy sim like Redshift as well. That would be sweet!
    02-02-12 09:14 AM
    I don't think it's missing any apps that badly. Even Skype and Netflix - I say that because personally I don't use them much, so that only applies to me.
    I haven't been able to find a Sat Nav - that would be useful...

For me, it's a function away from perfection - USB host. Would allow people to go beyond current storage and expand functions. It would be a lot more useful on the road.
    I, on the otherhand, don't even know what Netflix does. Or even if whatever it does can be done in the UK.

02-02-12 09:15 AM
    I agree, Netflix and Skypes are must-haves for the PB. Hulu perhaps falls just on the must side of the must-have/should-have line. Should-haves are game apps like Words with Friends, Plants vs. Zombies, Where's My Water, etc.

Even though you can use the Cloud Reader via the browser, I'd throw a Kindle app somewhere in there.
    02-02-12 09:26 AM
    I, on the otherhand, don't even know what Netflix does. Or even if whatever it does can be done in the UK.

haha, it's just watching films/TV programmes online. I don't think it's that great to be honest.
    They just released it in the UK. �6 a month but a 30 day free trial. I'm on the trial and it's alright but there isn't that much on there. Love Film is a lot better, even if it costs a bit more.

Plus, iPlayer and 4oD kind of do the job most of the time.
    baldflux likes this.
    02-02-12 09:52 AM
    Mine would be first party TAT designed and developed apps:

Video editing app
    Publishing app (like pages)
    +more cool stuff.

Upgrades to QNX that include: DLNA client, print to file (from websites) and persistent predictive text in all apps.

Finally updates to current RIM apps: News Reader updated to "follow link" and cashe posts from chosen feeds to read on the go. Facebook app ability to unfollow, edit post, view all feed info not just status updates.
    02-02-12 10:47 AM
    For me: Skype, Zinio and Sonos controller.
    02-02-12 11:30 AM
    +1 Sonos Controller.

NetFlix and Hulu are available via PlayOn.
    02-02-12 12:38 PM
    XBMC on playbook is all I really want but that'll never happen probably.
    02-02-12 07:04 PM
    Skype, Netflix, and a better native Twitter app please!
    Last edited by andrewmcwhirter; 02-02-12 at 07:33 PM.
    02-02-12 07:30 PM
    I just want Plants vs Zombies on it which is already confirmed to
    be released in OS2
    02-02-12 08:01 PM
    What I really like to see are good toddler educational games. My 2 year old granddaughter just loves the PB.She plays with it every day, does some finger painting and memory type games and is getting really good at it. Touch screen tablets seem to be ideal for toddlers since they can interact by touch only. I would be willing to pay for good educational games.
    She plays with it since 3 month daily, she drops it often, she throws it at times (It is in a leather flip case) and it still works, I am impressed how sturdy it is built.
    Well developers get at it, I believe there is a huge market for it.
    jonno_atamaniuk likes this.
    02-02-12 11:46 PM
    I think the number one requested app for the Playbook right now is probably Skype, and I'm in agreeance with that.

My list is as follows, and gets a little further from the norm:

Skype - better for keeping in touch while on the road, especially outside my home and native land.

Rdio - I got a subscription with them through my carrier, I really like the service, now I wanna be able to use it on my Playbook .

some form of Turn by Turn VOICE navigation - probably will come with Bing maps when Nokia gets further integrated into that.... which I look forward to.

There's more but that's my list for now.
    02-03-12 02:23 AM
    Idk about perfection but those apps would help. If the browser improves in capability and features like visible tabs, better bookmark management and plugins would be a huge bonus. I'd also like a better camera with more options like flash for starters.

But as far as apps go Netflix, Ubersocial and words with friends would all make me happier
    02-03-12 03:19 AM
    For me vlc streamer would be great . Being able to browse and stream from my old computer without sending outside my network, this is a real problem as orb is choppy at best due to poor dsl where i live . It's ability to play flac would bea real perk.
    02-03-12 04:42 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD