Theirs a upgrade to 2.4.9 but of course can't download because it forces close.lol
    Guess have to wait till app world updates.
    Attachment 105705
    Last edited by balding1; 03-18-12 at 02:47 PM.
    03-18-12 02:43 PM
    I have igoogle for my home page so I use that for searches.
    No crashes for me.
    Get error message also without http://
    Get force close error for downloading skins but they are downloaded if you check the folder.
    Flash is not working as well. But I really like clean look of this browser. I hope they will address problems soon.
    03-18-12 03:57 PM
    Theirs a upgrade to 2.4.9 but of course can't download because it forces close.lol
    Guess have to wait till app world updates.
    Attachment 105705
    do you have .bar file for this new update to side load it ?
    03-18-12 03:59 PM
    do you have .bar file for this new update to side load it ?
    can't find it
    03-18-12 04:04 PM
    03-18-12 05:47 PM
    03-18-12 05:49 PM
    LOL. and I just asked to convert 2.4.9
    Thanks
    it says 2.50 on the website but it is 2.49. same issues anyways. more options and better stability
    03-18-12 09:48 PM
    Same bugs in this version but can't stop using it as my main browser just so much easier to get around.
    03-19-12 05:16 AM
    Initially a big thank you to all of you for all the great input in the thread. I know i said i d come back on this earlier but was a bit delayed by stuff..

I Ve been using it casually these past days and the truth is i am quite happy with it. I miss quite a few things i like on the native browser (guess due to being used to it by now) but maxthon is quite stable and the look and feel is good.i do use the gesture ui which i find very convenient and comfortable. Have not had any crashes up to now. I do not like to launch android in general as it somehow makes my system a bit laggy i guess but apart from maxthon being an android port i must say i am overall pleased with it.

I am using both nrowsers (maxthon to avoid crashes -when doing important stuff i cannot afford to crash on) and for some bookmarking. Additionaly i use a folder on the pb home screen to organise favorites by saving the pages there also).

My final personal preference is a combo of the two and i think that maxthon is useful and nice. I still prefer the general structure of the pb native browser but until they fix the issues on it or maxthon becomes native (which i doubt ) i am using combo of both worlds.

Thanks again to everyone!
    All the best.
    03-20-12 06:36 AM
    I have deleted this App. Too many issues. Dolphin 7.3. is much better imo.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps
    03-20-12 06:50 AM
    I have not tried dolphin yet, will check it out. thanks!

ONE IMPORTANT ADVANTAGE I FIND WITH MAXTHON: you can use these dropdown menus without a problem. for example the "search this thread" menu here on cb with the native browser when you try to fill in the search window and keyboard pops up,the menu closes. Although I have found a workaround it with native browser (open keyboard first, set keyboard sensitivity to minimum and then write slowly), with maxthon, these menus work perfectly. check screenshot below.

cheers.
    03-20-12 09:12 AM
    I have not tried dolphin yet, will check it out. thanks!

ONE IMPORTANT ADVANTAGE I FIND WITH MAXTHON: you can use these dropdown menus without a problem. for example the "search this thread" menu here on cb with the native browser when you try to fill in the search window and keyboard pops up,the menu closes. Although I have found a workaround it with native browser (open keyboard first, set keyboard sensitivity to minimum and then write slowly), with maxthon, these menus work perfectly. check screenshot below.

cheers.

Dolphin has more options ( for example you can set up custom user string ) and is more stable. does not have the issues of maxthon and they are both about the same speed imo. maxton really looks nice but it needs fixing. I like pc version but then again chrome offers more customization, skins and addons. what is the point of switching at all.

03-20-12 09:55 AM
    Just got another update today within app.
    Ask for it to be converted.
    What's in this version:

MM 2.5.0 build 2815
    [New Features]
    +Improved product help messaging
    [Improvements]
    Improved experience in creating new tabs
    Fixed flash playback problem for Android 3.0
    03-21-12 12:09 PM
    Same difference with this update

2.5.0 build 2815

http://goodereader.com/apps/wp-conte...r+for+Playbook
    03-21-12 03:42 PM
    Same difference with this update

2.5.0 build 2815

http://goodereader.com/apps/wp-conte...r+for+Playbook
    does this newest version has the same issues as previous versions of the browser ?
    03-21-12 03:46 PM
    does this newest version has the same issues as previous versions of the browser ?
    Yes Sir.lol
    03-21-12 03:47 PM
    Yes Sir.lol
    so pretty much no point of going through the hassle of sideloading this app ?
    03-21-12 04:30 PM
    so pretty much no point of going through the hassle of sideloading this app ?
    Doesn't take long to sideload, then you can curse me when your deleting it.
    Made be you'll find it's better.
    03-21-12 04:35 PM
    Doesn't take long to sideload, then you can curse me when your deleting it.
    Made be you'll find it's better.
    I've tried newest version but same issues are still there so back to Dolphin. sucks.

03-21-12 10:25 PM
    There is a good article on Wikipedia and a link to Maxthon website. I couldn't find what I was looking for however. I remember reading on a tech blog a while back that Maxthon
    incredibly useful and popular in Asia, I think it was in the same article where the author was baffled by people in Thailand and other parts of Asia preferring Opera to Safari on their iPhones. I've used Maxthon a little on PB,it's supposed to have good privacy ,security and interesting add ons. I haven't fully experimented. Forgive my memory, If I can find the article, I will ,it's not on Maxthon's press list on their website
    03-22-12 12:09 AM
    Maxthon is now in appworld. No sideloading needed.

Loaded it up..it's an android port.

Issues so far:

Opens in portrait mode
    Keyboard does not work
    Last Opened link works sometimes

Pretty dissappointed with the app.
    04-05-12 03:49 PM
    Maxthon is now in appworld. No sideloading needed.

Loaded it up..it's an android port.

Issues so far:

Opens in portrait mode
    Keyboard does not work
    Last Opened link works sometimes

Pretty dissappointed with the app.
    It's been in the app world for a few weeks already.
    Opens in portrait mode but will switch to landscape once it loads up, keyboard works fine.
    Will give it a 5 out of 10
    04-05-12 04:14 PM
    It's been in the app world for a few weeks already.
    Opens in portrait mode but will switch to landscape once it loads up, keyboard works fine.
    Will give it a 5 out of 10
    Ahh didn't know it was out for so long. Thanks for the clarification.

I still can't get the damn keyboard to work.
    04-05-12 05:08 PM
    Ahh didn't know it was out for so long. Thanks for the clarification.

I still can't get the damn keyboard to work.
    The one in the app world is version 2.4.5 and you should be at 2.5.1.
    Not sure if that affects your keyboard?
    Only way to upgrade is to sideload, so your back to square one if you don't sideload.
    04-05-12 05:24 PM
    I am using the Maxthon 2.6.5.

It is awesome...a full browser experience with multi-tabs, bookmarks and quick. I will never use the native Browser ever again.

Easy porting of bookmarks. Once synced, surfing site is just a few push. Very efficient. Expect more add-ons to come for the tablet side. The mobile side and the PC side of Maxthon is great too. It is HTML5 ready so lots more Open Source apps will come.
    07-17-12 10:43 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD