Hi,
    I read a couple of days ago that maxthon browser is now available for the pb.
    -it is not available in appworld in my country so i have not had any chance to try it out.
    Questions: is it an android app or really natiive port?
    2: please provide feedback if you have used it on stability and possible features that enhance the experience of browsing compared to native browser.
    3:speed, is it smooth? I know that people run it in beta pre os release from android port and it was laggy so any news anyone??

Thank you very much for your input!!!

Here is the link to the article where they also have a link for appworld download (the browser according to thm is for free on appworld):http://www.playbookdaily.com/2012/03...cool-features/
    Last edited by currentodysseys; 03-17-12 at 12:05 PM.
    03-17-12 10:45 AM
    Never heard of it. Can't find it. Live in united states. Sorry.
    currentodysseys likes this.
    03-17-12 11:57 AM
    Thanks for the input. I read it on playbookdaily.com
    Here is the link: Maxthon Browser for BlackBerry PlayBook
    And the link for appworld download is cited in that article if you want to give it another go, supposedly it is free.

Thanks again!!
    03-17-12 12:02 PM
    "This item is not supported by your current device profile."
    03-17-12 12:16 PM
    "This item is not supported by your current device profile."
    i get the same
    03-17-12 12:28 PM
    just downloaded from the app world in Canada working on PB.

Attachment 105636
    Last edited by balding1; 03-17-12 at 12:36 PM.
    03-17-12 12:33 PM
    Not too shabby at all.
    Loads up sites fast and no crashes yet.
    Attachment 105638
    03-17-12 12:51 PM
    Happy to hear!

Is it playbook app or android port???

I cannot try it yet as not available here

Please do let us know of your findings regarding bookmarks stability etc according to people s input in the forums about the native browser.

Thanks again and any input will be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by currentodysseys; 03-17-12 at 01:12 PM.
    03-17-12 01:08 PM
    There's nothing native about this. It is an Android app with tons of bugs on the PB. Heck, android error when simply trying to complete a URL entry. This is not ready for the PB sadly....I like Maxton on teh PC side.
    03-17-12 01:22 PM
    There's nothing native about this. It is an Android app with tons of bugs on the PB. Heck, android error when simply trying to complete a URL entry. This is not ready for the PB sadly....I like Maxton on teh PC side.
    Been using it for a hour so far and ZERO problems.
    Everything loads up quick and no errors with URL entry so far for me.
    I'm getting a error on PC trying to load favorites to cloud to sync to PB.
    Get the error on PC not on PB.lol
    03-17-12 01:31 PM
    Bummer,... I had my hopes up...

Thanks a lot
    03-17-12 01:49 PM
    Been using it for a hour so far and ZERO problems.
    Everything loads up quick and no errors with URL entry so far for me.
    I'm getting a error on PC trying to load favorites to cloud to sync to PB.
    Get the error on PC not on PB.lol
    That is on the bright side... Keep the feedback coming guys
    Thank you for taking the time to come back here and post your input!!
    03-17-12 01:52 PM
    Still no problems starting to like it better than the native browser but that's just my opinion. Just like the layout better and easier on the eyes and the way it reacts is quick with loading pages.
    Testing this on my non rooted PB will try out on my rooted 1 next week because some of the free add-ons you have to download from the android market.
    NO checkered boarding what so ever loading up sites.
    03-17-12 02:23 PM
    Hmm...odd how it can work fine on one, but not on mine (or my brother-in laws) PB. The oreintation switch is bugged, the browser is not fast at rendering pages at all, and simple url entry and execution sometimes yeilds a android error. After about a minute of use, the browser was stuck in a frozen position. Exited it the "Playbook way" and reopened to find it STILL stuck. Rebooted, launched again...same kind of nonsense. Deleted the app and the folder it creates in the misc/android folder. Done.
    03-17-12 02:36 PM
    going to load up on my rooted PB and see how that one reacts

Attachment 105643
    Last edited by balding1; 03-17-12 at 02:43 PM.
    BB.Forever likes this.
    03-17-12 02:40 PM
    got 3 PB in household,2 rooted
    1 not rooted ,2 are running Maxtron great the other just froze and had to reboot. so will delete and retry on that 1
    03-17-12 02:55 PM
    They all seem to be working good now.
    The 1 that crashed and I had to reboot, I uninstalled in the android players settings, rebooted, then downloaded Maxthon from the app world but rebooted PB before ran it the first time.
    Also disabled the gesture without yellow trail in Maxthon gesture settings don't know if that makes a difference.
    Last edited by balding1; 03-17-12 at 03:27 PM.
    03-17-12 03:13 PM
    Going to use this as my default browser until I run into problems, working great as of now.
    Been running youtube videos and general surfing and all is good.
    03-17-12 04:14 PM
    Finally got my favorites to sync, Downloaded Maxthon3 on PC and never wanted to sync to PB.Downloaded Maxthon2 instead and synced first shot.
    At this rate won't be going back to native browser anytime soon.
    1 other thing all my PB were rooted and my 16GB I took the update straight away meaning I never done a wipe on it before so never lost any of my apps or settings just lost access to the android market
    03-17-12 05:29 PM
    I've downloaded this browser but it is bad port. I neex to type http:// with the web address. otherwise I get error message. downloading skins crash the browser.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps
    03-17-12 05:50 PM
    I was finally able to get it last night and am working around it (not rooted pb, using os2).

The android launch is a bit of a bummer for me but that far it works well and is stable. It offers some goodies compared to the original browser but i wish it was a pb app and not ported. I will be using both browsers for the time being as complimentary to each other.

My general impression is that it does address some issues and i have had no crash whatsoever with maxthon. My pb browser is not crashing but rarely, so it was never a great issue for me. As i work the maxthon after a couple of days i ll post any additional issues etc.

A big thank you to all of you that participated here and provide your feed back.
    Thanks a lot and keep em coming
    03-18-12 02:49 AM
    I sent email to them to fix the browser. You should do it as well

my problems

1. search bar is not working [error messsage]
    2. typing web address without http:// [error message]
    3. downloading skins hangs the browser
    4. frequent crashes

if you have more problems email them so they can work on the problems [i hope]
    balding1 likes this.
    03-18-12 08:55 AM
    True, lots of things are half done, they should work on the additional features still. I have not had any crashes or freezes as to yet.

Will have a more in-depth look later in the day and will update.

Thanks
    balding1 likes this.
    03-18-12 09:07 AM
    True, lots of things are half done, they should work on the additional features still. I have not had any crashes or freezes as to yet.

Will have a more in-depth look later in the day and will update.

Thanks
    this is pity that this is sloppy port because it is actually fast and it looks really nice and it has good clean user interface. I have downloaded desktop version of the browser and it is pretty impressive actually. Very fast again and it has some cool features not seen in other browser like night mode. Lets hope they will fix issues with the browser on playbook.
    balding1 likes this.
    03-18-12 09:19 AM
    I sent email to them to fix the browser. You should do it as well

my problems

1. search bar is not working [error messsage]
    2. typing web address without http:// [error message]
    3. downloading skins hangs the browser
    4. frequent crashes

if you have more problems email them so they can work on the problems [i hope]
    I have igoogle for my home page so I use that for searches.
    No crashes for me.
    Get error message also without http://
    Get force close error for downloading skins but they are downloaded if you check the folder.
    03-18-12 09:35 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD