I just got into reading digital comics and I'm a Marvel fan. Nothing against DC I just like Marvel a bit more for whatever reason. The first in my digital collection is the Ultimate X-Men Collection DVD. So far I have been loving it! I would like to get more into it by purchasing from Marvel, however I have a question about it.

The files downloaded for the Marvel comics, what format are they in and can they be read outside of the web or the Marvel app? I believe you can sideload the Marvel app but I'd like to have more versatility, for both the Playbook and being able to read on my desktop. Web doesn't do, I tried and it just does not work the intended way on my Playbook.

I'm really hoping to hear you can download and read them anywhere! But, I have the distinct feeling it's protected and can only be read in the Marvel app or on their website.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, it seemed like the best fit!
    09-14-12 11:47 PM
    As far as i know, there is no other way. I have a digital comics unlimited subscription and i don't mind the browser reader. I would love an official marvel app for the playbook, as well as other digital comics app (comixology, graphicly etc.)
    09-15-12 01:49 AM
    The dedicated mobile apps from DC, Marvel and a few other publishers are done in partnership with Comixology.

I have the main Comixology android app sideloaded on my Playbook and can read all my purchased comic without issue. Comixology is also cross platform with iOS, Android and Web versions all sharing the same database.

So if I buy a comic in the Android Marvel app it will appear on my iPad's Comixology app as well as on the Playbook and my PC's Web browser.

So find the Marvel Android app in BAR format to read and purchase Marvel Comics on the Playbook or grab the Comixology app to read Marvel and other publisher books.

Note that this does not cover how to read pirated and illegally copied Marvel comics on the Playbook.
    breakingpoint0 likes this.
    09-15-12 10:49 AM
    The dedicated mobile apps from DC, Marvel and a few other publishers are done in partnership with Comixology.

I have the main Comixology android app sideloaded on my Playbook and can read all my purchased comic without issue. Comixology is also cross platform with iOS, Android and Web versions all sharing the same database.

So if I buy a comic in the Android Marvel app it will appear on my iPad's Comixology app as well as on the Playbook and my PC's Web browser.

So find the Marvel Android app in BAR format to read and purchase Marvel Comics on the Playbook or grab the Comixology app to read Marvel and other publisher books.

Note that this does not cover how to read pirated and illegally copied Marvel comics on the Playbook.

Thank you Uber! That is exactly the sort of info I was looking for! No need to cover pirated stuff, that is not what I'm looking to do.
    09-16-12 08:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD