MARKET / ANDROID APPS WORKING WITH ROOTED 2.0.0.4869 Playbook

These are NOT sideloaded or bar or appworld apps. These are working apps that were obtained directly from Android Market.

Later hope to post a list of those that failed, basically seem to be any that require access to camera, or one that installs a new keyboard. For instance, none of the handwriting recognition apps work as cannot get past the setup point where have to approve a new keyboard.

Alarm Clock Xtreme Free v3.3a (Angle Labs)
    Battleship War (P.S.A. Android Division)
    Kindle for Android 3.0.1.70
    Backgammon Gold (mobivention)
    Cash2Qif
    Colornote 3.6.6
    Dominoes! (bytesequencing)
    ES File Explorer 1.6.1.0 (estrongs)
    Ghost Commander 1.37.3 (ghost squared or ghost.sq2)
    Google Sky Map 1.6.4
    GPS CompassMap
    Handrite Free 1.63
    Karl's Mortgage Calculator 2.5.1
    Leo's Gun Defender
    Leo's RC Flight Simulator
    Maverick Lite 1.95 GREAT MAP GPS PROGRAM!
    sushistew likes this.
    01-07-12 11:15 AM
    Wikitude works to an extent, but only in wifi, and the screen doesnt show anything from the camera, but the links for wiki, twitter, etc. show up.

Also, how did you get kindle to work. It freezes on the opening splash screen, and doesnt advance.
    01-07-12 04:01 PM
    had it working well, then tried to upgrade it and it would not let me register... FIXED by deleting all Kindle related files using winscp. There were lots of files and folders that remained after deleting the app via playbook itself. Just did a search for word kindle in winscp window on the pc connected to pb via usb. then reloaded Kindle from app world.
    Might not matter but I also went into kindle from my laptop and deleted all my devices. Seems each failed Playbook registration created a new device in my account.
    01-07-12 06:37 PM
    bf3 log
    break app
    getglue app
    dolphin browser HD
    skitch
    photobucket
    google plus

all downloaded from market place and work for me
    01-07-12 07:37 PM
    Sushistew, so folks know, which OS are you using and which launcher? I use 2.0.0.4869 and Zeam. Thanks for adding to the list. I have a few more to add but my favorite of those is photo editor called
    Pho.to
    01-08-12 06:10 AM
    Sushistew, so folks know, which OS are you using and which launcher? I use 2.0.0.4869 and Zeam. Thanks for adding to the list. I have a few more to add but my favorite of those is photo editor called
    Pho.to
    Just so folks know, there is now a special forum for those who want to modify an older version of the developers beta OS and make their PlayBooks behave like second rate Android devices. Most ordinary consumers would get themselves in a whole heap of trouble trying to desecrate their stock PlayBooks in the ways that you are suggesting. Don't get me wrong - I'm all for folks having fun. Just have your fun in the proper playground.

Here is its name and description of the proper place to discuss these issues:

PlayBook Rooting
    DingleBerry and rooting / jailbreaking the PlayBook discussion.
    01-08-12 09:58 AM
    Pho.to
    i am using 2.0.0.4869 and launcher pro, from market install.
    01-08-12 11:16 AM
    Just so folks know, there is now a special forum for those who want to modify an older version of the developers beta OS and make their PlayBooks behave like second rate Android devices. Most ordinary consumers would get themselves in a whole heap of trouble trying to desecrate their stock PlayBooks in the ways that you are suggesting. Don't get me wrong - I'm all for folks having fun. Just have your fun in the proper playground.

Here is its name and description of the proper place to discuss these issues:

PlayBook Rooting
    DingleBerry and rooting / jailbreaking the PlayBook discussion.
    BuzzSarFeild I believe you are incorrect. Actually this is the forum picked because it is about applications and games on the playbook; just perhaps not the right SUBFORUM. Take a look at the top subforum above in THIS forum. It is about ANDROID apps not regular playbook apps. Moderator please feel free to move this thread to the ANDROID subforum within the playbook app forum. Thanks
    01-08-12 05:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD