which app is better?

I installed the trial version of Magellan. I find it rather buggy. Sometimes, the app screen will darken and when I swipe out the rest of the system is bright.

I also find the search not as good as it should be.

any reviews on the Map Search for Google?
    10-12-11 11:01 AM
    Honestly, Map Search for Google isn't a whole lot better in terms of smoothness/speed, but at the very least, the search and directions WORK as if you were using Google Maps in the browser. I don't regret the purchase, but I still would only rate it a 3/5, it's lacking a lot of polish. I'm going to contact the developer and see if I can help clean up the interface a bit in the next version.
    10-12-11 11:10 AM
    Magellan seems more polished, but does have a couple of bugs.

Map Search is a little bare-bones looking but does have street view, which Magellan doesn't.
    10-12-11 12:49 PM
    Magellan seems more polished, but does have a couple of bugs.

Map Search is a little bare-bones looking but does have street view, which Magellan doesn't.
    Been using Magellan for a while and it does have street view.
    10-12-11 05:47 PM
    Magellan also has Yelp integration...which is pretty awesome.
    10-12-11 07:20 PM
    Been using Magellan for a while and it does have street view.
    how do we get street view, I can't find it?
    10-12-11 07:56 PM
    Free MapApp for Google Maps has search and street view. Works pretty good.
    10-12-11 08:32 PM
    how do we get street view, I can't find it?
    Magellan calls street view "map". It is the default view.
    10-12-11 10:21 PM
    Magellan calls street view "map". It is the default view.

No no no.... You're confusing "Map View" which is the regular view in Google Maps.

"Street View" is when you can go down to street level and look in 360 degrees around you as if you're standing on the street.
    10-13-11 05:57 AM
    Okay peeps but whats your opinion...which one is actually better? I'm using the Magellan compass trial version and it does have a lot of features but I wish I could try out the Map search for google too(but sadly...no trial version). I do miss steet view. However does the map search have lattitude etc? that would be a great addition
    10-26-11 04:26 PM
    Magellan Compass does not have Google Street view. Only browser based Google map applications are able to provide that. Version 3 will be moving away from Google map information to allow for map caching which is a higher requested item (as well as for other reasons). We are working on providing more search features in the v3 release as well as in future versions.
    01-24-12 07:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD