Hi there, just thought it was worth mentioning that I have managed to convince a developer friend of mine to start bringing his work to BlackBerry.

He is supposed to be getting sent a PlayBook courtesy of RIM to help him out.

It has taken me a few months to convince him as the usual perception barrier had to be knocked down the "its too hard to write for". I think I finally got through to him when I sent a link to a blog post by the dev of popcorny. The post was covering their game port from iOS to BB.

Here's hoping he may bring other he knows onboard.

09-14-12 04:06 AM
    What does your friend develop? Apps, games? Does he have something already published for other platforms?
    09-14-12 04:44 AM
    He's a flash games developer, I will just let him come along here in the not too distant future and introduce himself. I don't want to put any additional pressure on him to deliver

From what I understand he will be taking what he has created in Flash, as he can use the skills he already his work to the playbook in native format via Adobe AIR.

I guess once he gets a feel for the platform then anything is possible.

If anyone on here has already been down this route, Flash to AIR to PlayBook and has any advice I am sure that would be helpful.
    09-14-12 05:37 AM
    Flash games are of course a very common thing to see on the PlayBook, and they'll be totally supported on BB10 as well.

If your friend is a real developer, make sure he's aware of the BlackBerry Community Support Forums since that's where all the real development discussion takes place. CrackBerry's a great community, but it's no substitute for the developer support forums. Send him to Developer Support Forums - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    codiak likes this.
    09-14-12 09:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD