Hello, I'm looking to buy a tablet. I've messed with several different tablets at the store and I always come back to the Playbook. The deciding factor has to do with Adobe Reader. I was wondering if it is possible make notes and highlight text on PDF files using Adobe Reader? I'm able to do these things using Adobe reader on my laptop. It would be nice if the Playbook could do this also. Whatever information you could give me would be helpful.
    11-23-11 11:24 PM
    unfortunately currently there are no apps that i am currently awarely of that allows you to mark up pdf documents.

however imo, this may change when full andriod implementation is completed.

but im sure someone will say it, dont base your purchase on empty promises.

Caveat emptor applies
    pqcjohn likes this.
    11-23-11 11:34 PM
    Hello, I'm looking to buy a tablet. I've messed with several different tablets at the store and I always come back to the Playbook. The deciding factor has to do with Adobe Reader. I was wondering if it is possible make notes and highlight text on PDF files using Adobe Reader? I'm able to do these things using Adobe reader on my laptop. It would be nice if the Playbook could do this also. Whatever information you could give me would be helpful.
    Alot of people have been requesting this from Adobe. As you probably have already suspected, the answer to your question is a clear "no". I am also like the other poster in that I have not come across any apps, despite looking thoroughly, that would allow what you are wanting to do.

If your sole purpose for a tablet is to do alot of reading of pdf documents and you require the ability to make notes, comments, and highlight text; I would strongly caution you from choosing the Playbook.

While I enjoy my Playbook, and there seems to be ever more quality apps coming out for it, the pdf capabilities are woefully limited and underpowered. It's a disappointment to be honest when it comes to pdf documents for me.

Handling large pdf documents such as textbooks or game guides (e.g., Brady Games) is simply brutal. The game guides are horrendous given how memory intensive they are - the current Adobe Reader is poor at handling them, i.e., laggy, skips, slow to respond.

Where I have been using the pdf reader for is academic journal articles - these have been no problem as they are just text with the occasional graphic/chart or two and the file size is quite small. Reading this type of material has been without incident.

But anything else is problematic. Sorry for the length of the response but I wanted to give you an idea of what you are getting into when you chose the Playbook for pdf reading. Best of luck in your choice.
    pqcjohn likes this.
    11-24-11 12:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD