Any Site Launcher for the BlackBerry� PlayBook™ allows you to create a short-cut launcher that opens any site of your choice in its own browser window! This allows you to browse between two different webpage at the same time (by using this app and the native web browser).

Side Note: Currently there is no 'back' button in this app.

This app is currently available in BlackBerry App World for $0.99

Web Link to Purchase at BlackBerry App World

QR Code to scan from BlackBerry PlayBook:

Please feel free to send me a message on twitter or PM if you have any questions
    Last edited by ignites; 06-27-12 at 05:49 PM.
    LimeTripBlog likes this.
    06-25-12 01:12 AM
    The 'no back button' ... Seems like a webworks' fault ( if it was made in webworks )
    06-25-12 02:30 AM
    Did it create a site icon?
    06-25-12 09:08 AM
    The 'no back button' ... Seems like a webworks' fault ( if it was made in webworks )
    yes it is, its for non-developers who want their own web launcher. I have something in mind for getting that to work but i havent fully tested it out yet. You can navigate around 90% of webpages without a back button (if anything u can just restart the app to go back to the link u started off with!)

Did it create a site icon?
    No u use the app icon and it auto launches any web page you design for it to go to. Currently QNX apis do not allow you to modify or add to existing icons list
    06-25-12 12:15 PM
    Wait, you're charging for this? That seems a little ridiculous. I don't know exactly how it works, as I won't pay for an app like this, but I'd assume you put some file on the PB's storage, and then when the app is loaded it'll get the URL from that file and load it. (Possibly put an HTML file at a set location, with a built in redirect to another site, and the user changes the site it redirects to, and the app just loads the HTML file). What I do know is it would take approximately five minutes to make an app like this, even for someone like myself who knows next to no coding.
    06-25-12 12:27 PM
    I was holding off on buying this until i found out about the icon. Pleased i waited.
    06-25-12 12:55 PM
    I was holding off on buying this until i found out about the icon. Pleased i waited.
    what type of icon are you looking for? the current icon is a star
    06-25-12 01:36 PM
    Wait, you're charging for this? That seems a little ridiculous. I don't know exactly how it works, as I won't pay for an app like this, but I'd assume you put some file on the PB's storage, and then when the app is loaded it'll get the URL from that file and load it. (Possibly put an HTML file at a set location, with a built in redirect to another site, and the user changes the site it redirects to, and the app just loads the HTML file). What I do know is it would take approximately five minutes to make an app like this, even for someone like myself who knows next to no coding.
    Every engineer knows a car has 4 wheels, an engine, a drive shaft etc.. but can every engineer build a car? :P If it not right for you then you are not obliged to purchase it. This app handles 'error' or 'erroneous' user input which is something necessary if it is published for public consumption so therefore it takes a bit longer than 5 minutes. $0.99 is not a lot of money for the convenience this may cause for some who want an additional browser for a certain page. (use case may include a direct link to a particular metrics dashboard or a favorite news webpage). Im sorry if its not right for you, hope those who do purchase enjoy it .
    06-25-12 05:17 PM
    A custom icon for each website would be great for example, if I want to bookmark youtube can the app make an youtube icon. But i guess this will be difficult to implement. It would be helpful if we could atleast write custom name inside the star icon that you mentioned.
    06-25-12 10:03 PM
    A custom icon for each website would be great for example, if I want to bookmark youtube can the app make an youtube icon. But i guess this will be difficult to implement. It would be helpful if we could atleast write custom name inside the star icon that you mentioned.
    the icon name is changable but u'd have to leave the app on the whole time since playbook os currently doesnt let u run anything in the background with window closed =(
    06-25-12 10:35 PM
    Its just like the 'Documents to go App' ; You open the main app, from the main app you can choose from Docs / Sheet, and it opens a second window.

This app does exactly the SAME.

And no, you can't make this app in 5 mins. If you think so, try and make it yourself
    06-26-12 12:04 AM
    Its just like the 'Documents to go App' ; You open the main app, from the main app you can choose from Docs / Sheet, and it opens a second window.

And no, you can't make this app in 5 mins. If you think so, try and make it yourself
    actually it opens in the same window that the app is in as soon as you click it
    06-26-12 12:51 AM
    actually it opens in the same window that the app is in as soon as you click it
    You can make a menubar (solid) and place the window (that a user wants to be opened) in an Iframe. Than you can make a working menubar / back button: code for back button: <button onclick="javascript:history.go(-1)">back</button>
    For a Next buut you use history.go(1)

Jeroen
    06-26-12 04:12 AM

I have made applications to load certain websites in the manner this one does in seconds. Yeah, they can't be changed what site they load, but they have custom icons and splash screen and app name. I could easily make an app to load an HTML file from internal storage, and have that HTML page redirect to another site instantly. Maybe not quite as advanced as this (no error checking), but I could certainly get a very similar end result in a very short time.

And as the developer said, you are wrong about the first half of your post

EDIT: To be clear, I'm not slating the app. I'm just saying I don't think it should be charged for.
    06-26-12 07:46 AM
    I have made applications to load certain websites in the manner this one does in seconds. Yeah, they can't be changed what site they load, but they have custom icons and splash screen and app name. I could easily make an app to load an HTML file from internal storage, and have that HTML page redirect to another site instantly. Maybe not quite as advanced as this (no error checking), but I could certainly get a very similar end result in a very short time.

And as the developer said, you are wrong about the first half of your post

EDIT: To be clear, I'm not slating the app. I'm just saying I don't think it should be charged for.
    BOOOOOO . . . hissssssss . . . . BOOOOOOOOOO!

I'm not slating you, Sif, just saying that Ignites is a great dev, I have copies of free apps because of him (his first ever, I believe, and i pitched in on a couple initial tweaks) and I think he SHOULD charge for it!

Really, not being snarky or confrontational, but why come into this thread and say something like that?
    06-26-12 08:08 AM
    BOOOOOO . . . hissssssss . . . . BOOOOOOOOOO!

I'm not slating you, Sif, just saying that Ignites is a great dev, I have copies of free apps because of him (his first ever, I believe, and i pitched in on a couple initial tweaks) and I think he SHOULD charge for it!

Really, not being snarky or confrontational, but why come into this thread and say something like that?
    I just don't want people getting ripped off. If people want to pay for it, that's fine. I just want to let them know it doesn't take long to create an app like this Clearly people don't want to hear anything negative being said about anything, feel free to ignore this and all other posts by me in this thread.
    06-26-12 10:28 AM
    You can make a menubar (solid) and place the window (that a user wants to be opened) in an Iframe. Than you can make a working menubar / back button: code for back button: <button onclick="javascript:history.go(-1)">back</button>
    For a Next buut you use history.go(1)

Jeroen
    a lot of webpages block iframes (ie. Google/Yahoo et all) thats why i didnt use an iframe.
    06-26-12 08:34 PM
    a lot of webpages block iframes (ie. Google/Yahoo et all) thats why i didnt use an iframe.

Use a <?php include() ?> Frame
    06-27-12 06:38 AM
    I just don't want people getting ripped off. If people want to pay for it, that's fine. I just want to let them know it doesn't take long to create an app like this Clearly people don't want to hear anything negative being said about anything, feel free to ignore this and all other posts by me in this thread.
    You pay 2$ for your coffee that takes 2 minutes to make :P. Even IF it took 5 minutes at $0.99 would that be a GREAT deal? anyways thanks for bumping my posts 'preciate it
    06-27-12 02:08 PM
    You pay 2$ for your coffee that takes 2 minutes to make :P. Even IF it took 5 minutes at $0.99 would that be a GREAT deal? anyways thanks for bumping my posts 'preciate it
    No I don't, cause I don't like coffee and I don't live in a country that uses dollars
    06-27-12 03:15 PM
    PM me the 86x86 icon and the url. I'll make ya the type of launcher you're after. Takes literally less than a minute.
    SifJar likes this.
    06-27-12 03:28 PM
    PM me the 86x86 icon and the url. I'll make ya the type of launcher you're after. Takes literally less than a minute.
    Or you can spend a buck and support a developer who'll make more apps.. your call really
    06-27-12 04:07 PM
    Or you can spend a buck and support a developer who'll make more apps.. your call really
    But the point is he doesn't want it with your icon, he wants a custom icon. Which buying your app, while it does support you, won't give him sadly.
    06-27-12 04:30 PM
    But the point is he doesn't want it with your icon, he wants a custom icon. Which buying your app, while it does support you, won't give him sadly.
    could you go troll somewhere else?...
    06-27-12 04:49 PM
    Look, we respect your opinion but if you feel $0.99 is too much well move along.
    Somebody sat down and wrote it and is trying recoup the time invested.
    Last edited by Blackberry_boffin; 06-27-12 at 06:12 PM.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-27-12 04:59 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD