Awesome App. Works great. Can't wait to take it for a test run downtown and really look like dork.
    With the current trend in phone sizes, give it a year and you'll fit right in.
    08-04-11 07:33 PM
    Comwave you missed my question - when will you expand to the US, before Skype comes along?
    It already includes US registrations and US local numbers are available based on locations (but are limited). S0 pick one that is closest to you. I have it.
    08-04-11 08:27 PM
    Update: Comwave ePhone is available in the US and UK (since July 30th).
    08-04-11 08:30 PM
    trying to sign up right now but when it tells me to pick my number the drop down box doesnt open. any ideas?
    08-04-11 08:43 PM
    Question. Is there a chance that this will work in/from Australia?
    Like using my address from NewYork, but now I live in Australia, should that be fine? If anyone could confirm this it would be grand.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-11 08:56 PM
    This app is great and works outside of Canada as well, I live in the Caribbean and it works fine for me, all i did , when i was registering I googled a Canadian address and used it as my address and it worked .
    08-04-11 09:15 PM
    absolutely great app - loving it. You have my 20$ and more than welcome to it.

thank you for this.
    08-04-11 09:20 PM
    trying to sign up right now but when it tells me to pick my number the drop down box doesnt open. any ideas?
    I'm guessing that its still not available with every area code right now. Try picking the next closest area to you and get your phone number.
    08-04-11 09:32 PM
    Anyone having this issue, I can use the app fine when it launches. But if it stays idle I am no longer able to make or receive calls.
    08-04-11 09:54 PM
    I'm a cheap *** and holding out for a SIP softphone. I want to hook it up to my PBX. better yet lets take advantage of this blackberry bridge and allow me to make calls on my playbook through my phone. This would for sure make heads turn and start to separate the playbook from the other tablets.
    08-04-11 10:30 PM
    I can't get it to work. I signed up. But it does not recognize my ID but then sends me my id when I tell it I forgot - same one. It won't recognize my password but then allowed me to change it. Kind of a loop! I never did send me an initial email but it has my address since it sends my id to the correct email. Oh, well........

Uninstalled, reinstalled. It accepts my ID/password for the UNlock screen. Loads and then I get a login screen. That's where I get into the loop of either id or password is not recognized.
    Last edited by F2; 08-04-11 at 11:35 PM.
    08-04-11 11:31 PM
    It is indeed Canada only.
    ...k, I downloaded it...

...next would be, how to become Canadian?... anyone?
    08-05-11 12:04 AM
    ...k, I downloaded it...

...next would be, how to become Canadian?... anyone?
    Anyone from any country can sign up. There are no long distance fees within the plan countries and all incoming calls are free. The phone numbers that we provide are US or Canadian only however. But you can still make outgoing calls.
    08-05-11 01:14 AM
    I can't get it to work. I signed up. But it does not recognize my ID but then sends me my id when I tell it I forgot - same one. It won't recognize my password but then allowed me to change it. Kind of a loop! I never did send me an initial email but it has my address since it sends my id to the correct email. Oh, well........

Uninstalled, reinstalled. It accepts my ID/password for the UNlock screen. Loads and then I get a login screen. That's where I get into the loop of either id or password is not recognized.
    Feel free to email playbook(at)comwave.net for help. It may be a setting on our side. sometimes however it has to do with the time it takes to provision the account. After signup we ask that you wait a while to allow the network to provision correctly (5-10 minutes)
    08-05-11 01:18 AM
    Comwave you missed my question - when will you expand to the US, before Skype comes along?
    Yes we are in the US already from early this week.
    08-05-11 01:21 AM
    Hello Comwave! How long will it be before you have new phone numbers available for Halifax, NS? It says that they're on "back-order" right now, and this is preventing me from registering.

Thanks
    By next week or as early as this Friday afternoon.
    08-05-11 01:23 AM
    i live in dubai where voip is blocked.... downloaded comwave through us ip and registered using a canadian address the problem though is when i try to make a call the call dose not go through and it says check the number.... am i missing out something.... or is it that my isp is blocking it. when i dial the canadian no given to me my pb rings...... so thats proof that it works only problem is outgoing.... anyone facing same problem... or if anyone has a solution please do let me know.
    the message i get is that the no is no longer in service check and dial the no again. what is the format for dialing the no. countrycode followed by the state and then the ph no isnt it.or do u have to dial 00 ahed of it.either ways i tried all combinations it dose not work. any help appreciated.
    oh and if all of you say that ur isp blocks it.... i know they do... but most of the voip apps on the other fruit phone works....

i just want to make a call and then gloat in front of my ipad and phone friends....

Calling to North America

1 + (area code) + number*

Eg. New York City USA* 1(212)5551212.*

Calling to South America, Europe, Asia, Middle East

011 (country code) + (City) + Number.

Eg. London England* 011-(44) (0) 20 7396 9000
    08-05-11 01:30 AM
    Question. Is there a chance that this will work in/from Australia?
    Like using my address from NewYork, but now I live in Australia, should that be fine? If anyone could confirm this it would be grand.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Regardless of your phone number or your address....we dont known where you are....you can be in Australia or Pakistan....it doesnt matter.

Enjoy
    08-05-11 01:35 AM
    Anyone having this issue, I can use the app fine when it launches. But if it stays idle I am no longer able to make or receive calls.
    Try putting your Playbook in Showcase Mode which will ensure all the necessary processes continue to operate on your Playbook when you switch apps. (settings, general, application behavior.)
    08-05-11 01:40 AM
    I'm guessing that its still not available with every area code right now. Try picking the next closest area to you and get your phone number.
    ive tried every province and still cant get the select your number box to open and show me a number. any idea why, comwave?
    08-05-11 08:35 AM
    Comwave (or anyone),

This might be a stupid question but if I call someone long distance on their land line, do they pay long distance charges (if they dont have a special plan from their carrier)?

i.e I use my PB to call from Toronto to a Montreal land line. Do the people in Montreal pay the long distance charges for receiving?

This might seem really stupid lol

thanks

p.s I downloaded it and its awesome, planning on purchasing
    08-05-11 09:18 AM
    Calling to North America

1 + (area code) + number*

Eg. New York City USA* 1(212)5551212.*

Calling to South America, Europe, Asia, Middle East

011 (country code) + (City) + Number.

Eg. London England* 011-(44) (0) 20 7396 9000
    It is often confusing when British phone numbers are printed like that.

The (0) is only used if you are dialing from inside the UK. For example, 0-20-7396-9000.

But when dialing a UK number from outside the UK, you drop that zero. For example, 011-44-20-7396-9000.

FYI: this is not unique to comwave - the UK phone numbers have worked that way for decades.

Hope that help.
    08-05-11 10:56 AM
    i was about to say the same thing.what purpose would smartphones serve if tablets could make calls?
    Well the size of a tablet alone would keep people from doing so, also this requires internet connection so in areas where no widi/3g exist you cannot make calls.
    08-05-11 11:49 AM
    still no answer on whether i can use blackberry bridge to use this app. can someone confirm that it works WITH just bridge (NOT TETHERING) or am I required to have a wifi/tethered connection for it to work????

anyone?

bueller?

bueller?

08-05-11 03:16 PM
    still no answer on whether i can use blackberry bridge to use this app. can someone confirm that it works WITH just bridge (NOT TETHERING) or am I required to have a wifi/tethered connection for it to work????

anyone?

bueller?

bueller?

What's bueller's phone number?

From a quick little experiment, repeated twice, I do not think it works on Bridge. I turned off my wifi and it just remains stuck on its splashscreen. I turned wifi on and it loaded. I turned off again and again only the splashscreen. I don't see any options in this regard.
    calircr likes this.
    08-05-11 04:07 PM
159 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD