This is working for me now.
    08-01-11 06:47 AM
    i live in ny they gave me a canada number but it works great. loving this app. caint wait to get a local phone number the app says usa coming soon.
    08-01-11 07:23 AM
    would be even nicer to add contacts from your phone directly into the APP. instead of one by one, but now this doesn't mean a downfall or anything just more of a suggestion etc.
    08-01-11 07:43 AM
    Did you have to request it or did they contact you?
    made a request
    08-01-11 03:49 PM
    I got the second log in screen too, and no connected calls afterwards.
    Waited about an hour and things are working fine.
    Must be a set up thing, especially with everyone getting on board now.
    08-01-11 09:54 PM
    Apparently, the video call function is now operational.

Comwave ePhone for BlackBerry� PlayBook

Can anyone confirm this?
    08-02-11 05:18 AM
    This is toconfirm that the Video does indeed work on ePhone on all our test.
    T_Touch likes this.
    08-02-11 01:06 PM
    Please wait a few minutes after you sign up....we know you are excited but the the backend needs to be provisioned correctly throughout the network in order to allow you to make calls. It usually takes 5 minutes but can be as high as 15 minutes depending on how many people are trying to register. It has been busy
    08-02-11 01:10 PM
    I am now able to make calls. Thanks ComWave
    08-02-11 01:39 PM
    Really impressed with the customer service of Comwave. If only RIM would communicate with their customers as well.
    Guyzer likes this.
    08-02-11 01:51 PM
    its a great service to use to avoid roaming charges if yu have data. bell only charges me roaming for phone calls but i can use data anywhere. i went to the mountains this weekend and call forwarded to my comwave # after tethering my pb to my bb.
    08-02-11 02:24 PM
    Does it work with Bridgeor is it just wifi and tethering only?
    08-02-11 02:31 PM
    This is toconfirm that the Video does indeed work on ePhone on all our test.
    This app from Comwave is the best news about the PlayBook that we've had in a while. Rim might do well to work with you guys to build on this and/or create future apps.
    08-02-11 09:39 PM
    Please wait a few minutes after you sign up....we know you are excited but the the backend needs to be provisioned correctly throughout the network in order to allow you to make calls. It usually takes 5 minutes but can be as high as 15 minutes depending on how many people are trying to register. It has been busy
    i will travel abroad. can i make phone calls to usa or other countries with local wifi connection ?
    08-03-11 02:31 AM
    i will travel abroad. can i make phone calls to usa or other countries with local wifi connection ?
    Absolutely! That is what it was built for.

Safe travels
    epfrank and T_Touch like this.
    08-03-11 03:45 PM
    Absolutely! That is what it was built for.

Safe travels
    Thanks and keep up good works. make it more smooth and clear. beat skype. WE SUPPORT YOU!
    T_Touch likes this.
    08-03-11 06:09 PM
    only CANADA and USA???????? ):
    08-04-11 03:01 AM
    it was sooooooo great talking on my PlayBook in the Mac store the other day. When the rep realized that i was not on my cell but my PB, it seemed as if she thought i was faking it so I detached the earbuds and told my friend to say hello to her. The look on her face was priceless. Gosh, I wish her potential customers hadn't left before I realized that the rep took notice of me.
    Guyzer likes this.
    08-04-11 08:35 AM
    Does anyone know how much data it uses in a phone call (not video) when you're tethered?
    08-04-11 09:53 AM
    Does this app only work via a wifi connection? I've been trying to hold off on getting a tethering plan for my carrier because I currently pay about $140+/month for international plan with unlimited data. If I end up getting a tethering plan, I was told that I would lose my unlimited data package. Really wish Tether would come out with an app for the playbook already.
    Alphalucard likes this.
    08-04-11 10:20 AM
    Does this app only work via a wifi connection? I've been trying to hold off on getting a tethering plan for my carrier because I currently pay about $140+/month for international plan with unlimited data. If I end up getting a tethering plan, I was told that I would lose my unlimited data package. Really wish Tether would come out with an app for the playbook already.
    In the previous posts, somebody said tethering does indeed work with this app. I'm just trying to find out how much data a voice call uses up. Anyone?
    08-04-11 01:12 PM
    In the previous posts, somebody said tethering does indeed work with this app. I'm just trying to find out how much data a voice call uses up. Anyone?
    ePhone is very efficient. Our test show a one minute call consuming 0.83 Bytes. 1 Gig=1073741824 Bytes. Some providers give you online access to bandwidth usage by time and date.

Hope that helps.
    T_Touch and mpmtkd like this.
    08-04-11 03:29 PM
    i live in dubai where voip is blocked.... downloaded comwave through us ip and registered using a canadian address the problem though is when i try to make a call the call dose not go through and it says check the number.... am i missing out something.... or is it that my isp is blocking it. when i dial the canadian no given to me my pb rings...... so thats proof that it works only problem is outgoing.... anyone facing same problem... or if anyone has a solution please do let me know.
    the message i get is that the no is no longer in service check and dial the no again. what is the format for dialing the no. countrycode followed by the state and then the ph no isnt it.or do u have to dial 00 ahed of it.either ways i tried all combinations it dose not work. any help appreciated.
    oh and if all of you say that ur isp blocks it.... i know they do... but most of the voip apps on the other fruit phone works....

i just want to make a call and then gloat in front of my ipad and phone friends....
    Last edited by aryan77; 08-04-11 at 04:37 PM.
    comwave likes this.
    08-04-11 04:30 PM
    ePhone is very efficient. Our test show a one minute call consuming 0.83 Bytes. 1 Gig=1073741824 Bytes. Some providers give you online access to bandwidth usage by time and date.

Hope that helps.
    Comwave you missed my question - when will you expand to the US, before Skype comes along?
    08-04-11 04:42 PM
    Hello Comwave! How long will it be before you have new phone numbers available for Halifax, NS? It says that they're on "back-order" right now, and this is preventing me from registering.

Thanks
    08-04-11 07:19 PM
159 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD