If Comwave doesn't end up on the front page of Crackberry tomorrow/today, then I'm going to go to the Ice Cream store tomorrow, find some kid that just got his ice cream cone and knock it out of his hands and watch him cry, because I will be too dead inside from this travesty to shed tears myself.

:-D

Cannot WAIT!~
    00stryder and darsinger like this.
    07-29-11 12:17 AM
    Canada only, booooooo
    07-29-11 08:56 AM
    US Activation & Trial coming later today. Enjoy!
    07-29-11 09:33 AM
    Can you clarify how does the payment thing works

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-11 09:59 AM
    Can't wait to sit next to an ipad user and pull out my pb to make a call!
    T_Touch and JAGWIRE like this.
    07-29-11 11:09 AM
    I have a funny feeling that if Skype was avail on Playbook not as many people would be as excited about this new App/Service.

This, is why it pays for some Developers to not scoff at the new platform(market)
    07-29-11 11:37 AM
    Can you clarify how does the payment thing works

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Comwave accepts payments via Paypal.
    07-29-11 12:51 PM
    Just DL'ed the app. Looks great.

Only one thing missing, that would surely have me jumping on the Buy Now button even though I've just started the 30 days trial..

The app doesn't support IMs. Or does it ? Can a IM be sent from the app to any mobile phone and vice-versa ?
    07-29-11 12:56 PM
    I just registred with my US address and selected a Canadian province and city when asked to at the end of the registration.

I now have a Canadian ePhone number...

Testing this out now...
    07-29-11 01:09 PM
    So there is another thread on this in the PB software section but like I posted there this app sux. For me anyway its supper laggy! When I type a phone number in it goes full screen or I have to type really slow because of the lag. The app could be fullscreen to make the buttons bigger and the arrows around the video bigger too. I only made one call and my girlfriend made me call her back on the landline..which is the magicjack. The magicjack isn't perfect but way better than this.
    I hope this gets better after the beta because its unusable for me at least. And I burned my hamburgers on the BBQ trying to reboot and other things to see if it was me, so I hate it now
    07-29-11 01:17 PM
    Fantastic app and service.
    The call quality is just terrific.

I downloaded the app and registered with my US address etc.
    I picked up a Torono (Canada) based Canadian phone number.

and exactly as it asked to me do , after 5 minutes I launched the app and used the my credentials and unlocked. that's it I tried immedately by calling my own cell phone. and it works great. I could the caller ID the new PB number being shown on BB. next I called my daughter and spoke with her
    It is working nicely. amazing.

To me it is like eMajicjack where there is no jack.

The only drawback is it is currently assigning Canada numbers.

so that means only you can make calls from

All incoming calls to PB are FREE .

And

1. PB to others ( calls will be charged depending on included minutes in the Plan)

2. PB to PB - I guess it may be FREE - NOT sure though, but I wish

3. From all US / Canada phones to PB
    (where calls to Canada are included ) - most of the land lines ( VOIP like Vonage , lingo ) etc won't have any issues

4. Same is the case with US/CA cell phones - no charges if you have Canada/US calls included or have international plans.

but certainly this will or any other such service will turn will turn PB into a mobile office.

honestly the calling plan is not bad $20 a year. I havn't signed up yet but will do once a US number comes in place.

I am loving this new add. Great app thanks a bunch Comwave.
    07-29-11 03:16 PM
    I have a funny feeling that if Skype was avail on Playbook not as many people would be as excited about this new App/Service.

This, is why it pays for some Developers to not scoff at the new platform(market)
    There is a difference here. Skype also charges call to other phones etc.
    Skype is good to PB to PB calls and chat. PB to PC calls etc.
    but calls to all other phones ( landlines and mobile ) is chargeable.

so in this case this is better - FREE video call if you have a PB and you have complete liberty to make and receive calls from any phone ( however charges apply )
    07-29-11 03:21 PM
    I am already registered with a Canada number.

Can I change my my Canadian number to USA number once this is available?

Love the service . simply great
    07-29-11 03:24 PM
    Can't wait to sit next to an ipad user and pull out my pb to make a call!
    i think i'll go on over the Apple store and call myself from my cell lol
    07-29-11 04:24 PM
    Sorry to our US customers. We are making changes within 24 hours to allow for US addresses and Trials. Enjoy!
    Any idea as to when it will be available to use in the uk ?
    Thanks
    07-29-11 04:57 PM
    Fantastic app and service.
    The call quality is just terrific.

I downloaded the app and registered with my US address etc.
    I picked up a Torono (Canada) based Canadian phone number.

and exactly as it asked to me do , after 5 minutes I launched the app and used the my credentials and unlocked. that's it I tried immedately by calling my own cell phone. and it works great. I could the caller ID the new PB number being shown on BB. next I called my daughter and spoke with her
    It is working nicely. amazing.

To me it is like eMajicjack where there is no jack.

The only drawback is it is currently assigning Canada numbers.

so that means only you can make calls from

All incoming calls to PB are FREE .

And

1. PB to others ( calls will be charged depending on included minutes in the Plan)

2. PB to PB - I guess it may be FREE - NOT sure though, but I wish

3. From all US / Canada phones to PB
    (where calls to Canada are included ) - most of the land lines ( VOIP like Vonage , lingo ) etc won't have any issues

4. Same is the case with US/CA cell phones - no charges if you have Canada/US calls included or have international plans.

but certainly this will or any other such service will turn will turn PB into a mobile office.

honestly the calling plan is not bad $20 a year. I havn't signed up yet but will do once a US number comes in place.

I am loving this new add. Great app thanks a bunch Comwave.

US & UK customers will be able to sign up. US numbers available tomorrow after 7am. ENJOY!
    07-29-11 05:43 PM
    Any idea as to when it will be available to use in the uk ?
    Thanks
    UK residents can sign up after 7am tomorrow (eastern) US & Canadian phone numbers only for now. UK numbers later in the week. Nothing wrog with signing up with Beverly Hills Phone numebr Stay tuned.
    07-29-11 05:46 PM
    US & UK customers will be able to sign up. US numbers available tomorrow after 7am. ENJOY!
    Thank you very much COMWAVE !
    07-29-11 05:48 PM
    it does only work for canada, but the the only logical thing.... google a canadian address! works like a charm!! haha
    Coming after 7am tomorrow morning. Enjoy.
    07-29-11 05:49 PM

Thank you very much COMWAVE !
    Shredder00 likes this.
    07-29-11 05:51 PM
    Coming after 7am tomorrow morning. Enjoy.
    yeah but i just signed up. will i be able to transfer my canada number to a US number
    07-29-11 06:05 PM
    How about you guys develop a paid for SIP client that isn't tied to a service? Seems like you've got most of the work done here.
    07-29-11 06:22 PM
    i downloaded it but couldnt get registered as it said my address couldnt be founf in the Canada Post database i tried calling them but the very nice gentleman in training i suspect hung up on me me by accident then never called back like he said he would if we got disconnected I'd really like to find a way to register online with a Canadian PO Box.

Mike
    Sorry about not allowing PO box. hope u figure a way.
    07-29-11 06:34 PM
    yeah but i just signed up. will i be able to transfer my canada number to a US number
    Email me at playbook.at.comwave.net and ill change it for you on Tues.
    T_Touch likes this.
    07-29-11 06:36 PM
    Just DL'ed the app. Looks great.

Only one thing missing, that would surely have me jumping on the Buy Now button even though I've just started the 30 days trial..

The app doesn't support IMs. Or does it ? Can a IM be sent from the app to any mobile phone and vice-versa ?
    send your request in to playbook.at.comwave.net and tell your friends. maybe...just maybe.
    skyscraper04 likes this.
    07-29-11 06:40 PM
159 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD