OK I just read this:
    Make Phone Calls with the BlackBerry PlayBook using Comwave ePhone � N4BB – News for BlackBerry – leaks, rumors, videos, faqs, reviews

It reads -
    Comwave announced today that they have released Comwave ePhone for the BlackBerry PlayBook. The app that allows you to make and receive phone calls using your PlayBook from anywhere, and make and receive calls just like a regular phone.
    I think the PlayBook is looking a bit better. Or does anyone have experience with this app before getting involved?
    ::: EDIT :::
    i down loaded this app and used it. i think i'm in love. There is a bit of a lag but by and large it works fantastically. and looks like there is potential for future updates like texting. At $20 a year, this is a very worthy
    app at this point. woo hoo.
    Last edited by T_Touch; 07-29-11 at 09:33 PM.
    07-28-11 08:21 PM
    I downloaded it a little while ago and it works as advertised. Pretty sweet..it even gives you a phone number. Looks like video chat will also be incorporated. I recommend checking it out.
    07-28-11 08:41 PM
    It's getting betta all the tieeime. ..betta betta betaaa!
    New PB theme song.

Sorry
    07-28-11 08:53 PM
    Apparently, and please correct me if I'm wrong, it only works if you live in Canada?
    07-28-11 09:00 PM
    i downloaded it but couldnt get registered as it said my address couldnt be founf in the Canada Post database i tried calling them but the very nice gentleman in training i suspect hung up on me me by accident then never called back like he said he would if we got disconnected I'd really like to find a way to register online with a Canadian PO Box.

Mike
    07-28-11 09:04 PM
    i downloaded it but couldnt get registered as it said my address couldnt be founf in the Canada Post database i tried calling them but the very nice gentleman in training i suspect hung up on me me by accident then never called back like he said he would if we got disconnected I'd really like to find a way to register online with a Canadian PO Box.

Mike
    hmmmmm so maybe it is a Canada only app. SHUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    07-28-11 09:06 PM
    Apparently, and please correct me if I'm wrong, it only works if you live in Canada?
    You are correct; for Canucks only!
    07-28-11 09:10 PM
    It is indeed Canada only.

I would have been all over this. Hopefully it gets expanded in the near future.
    07-28-11 09:13 PM
    Another reason that it rocks to be a Canadian!
    07-28-11 09:13 PM
    So I download the app and Im sitting on my bed and decide to call my girlfriend in the next room, so I thought it would be funny to hold the Playbook up to my ear like a phone as she walks in shes looks at me funny and starts to hear her phone ring I said answer it and it worked

I Love My Playbook!!!
    Last edited by CB.Mike-D; 07-28-11 at 09:22 PM.
    07-28-11 09:20 PM
    hmmmmm so maybe it is a Canada only app. SHUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Probably is but im not sure how they stop anybody from just entering in a valid Canadian mailing address

i finally got it registered. Evidently you have to enter PO Box, not just Box ___.

Mike
    07-28-11 09:21 PM
    Ahhhhhhhh, but if this company can do it for Canada only, surely another company can do the same with an American version and rake up the bucks.
    07-28-11 09:37 PM
    Ahhhhhhhh, but if this company can do it for Canada only, surely another company can do the same with an American version and rake up the bucks.
    Isn't your dollar trending to zero?
    jonasbeaver, RicZoh and arvindh like this.
    07-28-11 09:44 PM
    Hahaha... I love it...

No monthly fees�Just a one-time annual fee of $20
    Make up your mind Comwave... is it "One-time" or is it "Annual"?? God, who's writing this stuff for them anyway?

Probably some dude in Bangalore, India... oh sorry, or should I say "Bengaluru"...
    07-28-11 09:50 PM
    Awesome App. Works great. Can't wait to take it for a test run downtown and really look like dork.
    newcollector likes this.
    07-28-11 09:52 PM
    it does only work for canada, but the the only logical thing.... google a canadian address! works like a charm!! haha
    therapyreject174 likes this.
    07-28-11 09:56 PM
    guys i just google rim's address and use it, try it a business in canada it will work
    therapyreject174 likes this.
    07-28-11 09:58 PM
    Does this mean we can ditch our phones?
    07-28-11 10:01 PM
    i was about to say the same thing.what purpose would smartphones serve if tablets could make calls?
    07-28-11 10:09 PM
    I am in US and just logged in with a profile using a Canadian address of a business that I Googled.
    It now works! Made my first call from my Playbook!
    07-28-11 10:27 PM
    Another reason that it rocks to be a Canadian!
    I think you mean the ONLY reason......LOL

And to bad that the PB doesn't yet support A2DP for Bluetooth, since you could then rock a BT headpiece!
    Last edited by Prey521; 07-28-11 at 10:36 PM.
    robtanz likes this.
    07-28-11 10:33 PM
    awesometown! just signed up using a Canadialand address!
    07-28-11 10:43 PM
    Used the address of my buddy in Kitchener and it worked. Placed and received a call using my Google Voice number which is linked to my phone (not sure how ATT handles incoming international calls) and it was pretty good. Fairly good quality, and the latency is only a second or two which is normal for a cell phone. I did notice that it only uses one of the microphones, the left one when looking at the screen, but the quality is actually not bad at all.
    Prey521 likes this.
    07-28-11 10:52 PM
    Sorry to our US customers. We are making changes within 24 hours to allow for US addresses and Trials. Enjoy!
    ewakil12, T_Touch, kyopo and 10 others like this.
    07-28-11 10:55 PM
    Sorry to our US customers. We are making changes within 24 hours to allow for US addresses and Trials. Enjoy!
    Can't wait !!!!!!!
    07-28-11 11:14 PM
159 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD