I do not know if you lurk around here, but please think about us dummies when creating your UI's. Especially since these products are meant to be used while driving.

Both of you have created monsters. It is near impossible to get them to work simply without a degree in programming, which is why only the geeks can get them to work. I feel like I wasted my money buying Magellan. Good thing Osman is free.

Remeber KISS - Keep it Simple Stupid

Most of us are not geeks.

RIM - Just give us BB Traffic for the Playbook. Even without maps.
    Last edited by Powdah; 07-03-12 at 04:36 PM.
    07-03-12 04:29 PM
    I have to agree. I tried Magellan and found the UI nearly indecipherable. Compared to Google's elegant Maps interface, it seems clunky and amateurish. Fortunately, Maps runs reliably under OS 2.1, and it's free, so...

RCK
    07-03-12 07:08 PM
    I like both apps but I'm more so looking forward to a tom tom/Rim maps app when the Playbook gets blackberry10.
    07-04-12 12:04 AM
    True, hate it, cuz i wasted my money on thismagellan app. So rediculous, wish theres a way to refund my money...
    07-04-12 01:11 AM
    True, hate it, cuz i wasted my money on thismagellan app. So rediculous, wish theres a way to refund my money...
    Well... I'm not exactly a rocket surgeon, but really? REDiculous???
    Come on.
    I used it yesterday and it worked flawlessly. Yes I wish it found my position faster, but after that I popped in a destination address and it got the route quickly, even over tether.
    3D rotating maps and
    Voice guidance using street names and this would be perfect for me.
    07-04-12 12:15 PM
    Well... I'm not exactly a rocket surgeon, but really? REDiculous???
    Come on.
    I used it yesterday and it worked flawlessly. Yes I wish it found my position faster, but after that I popped in a destination address and it got the route quickly, even over tether.
    3D rotating maps and
    Voice guidance using street names and this would be perfect for me.
    On line guidance or using cached tiles ?
    07-04-12 03:33 PM
    Very true, UI of Magellan is a bit tricky. Creating bookmarks and POI alone is such a pain to do.
    07-04-12 04:45 PM
    The one thing I wish they would add are bike routes.
    07-04-12 04:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD