I see Magellan updated to 3.1. Does anyone know what the fixes are?
    06-08-12 08:09 AM
    since the upgrade the performance level of the software has gone up for me, it works alot better, however i find the maps lacking if you dont live in the united states or canada, the open street map and map quest maps shows very little of my country (jamaica) is there a way in the software to download maps or something? This seems like an app made only for Americans and Canadians
    Last edited by yanicmb; 06-08-12 at 08:29 AM.
    06-08-12 08:25 AM
    Thats why I bought the old version with google maps.
    tonyron227 likes this.
    06-08-12 08:55 AM
    Thanks for the recommendation. This takes maps to a whole new level.
    06-08-12 10:07 AM
    i wish i had known that before i spent $6 on this
    06-08-12 10:32 AM
    I see Magellan updated to 3.1. Does anyone know what the fixes are?
    Changelog: Magellan Compass v3.1 Released To App World | o2 interactive
    06-08-12 11:52 AM
    (jamaica) is there a way in the software to download maps or something?..
    Hi Yanicmd,

Just curious... I live in Tobago myself, and Bing Maps are just a waste of time,... places are not only mis-spelled, but also positioned completely wrong....

How is the coverage in Jamaica - is Bing Maps as precise as Google Maps?

When it comes to downloading of maps, - Google prevents you from doing so - they don't allow it... the only way to handle it legally - is to cache an area, and protect that cache from being cleared.... Some apps already do this, but require the app to be open - as soon as app close, the cached part of Google Map is cleared...
    06-08-12 12:44 PM
    When I hit upgrade it downloaded 1.3!! I tried deleting then reinstalling & same thing, keep getting the 1.3. I emailed developer and was told RIM was aware of the problem & RIM is asking for BBID's. Developer asked for mine to forward to RIM
    06-09-12 11:14 PM
    This thread
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post7448665

seems be the most active for MC, including developer responses to some similar questions posted above.
    06-10-12 12:40 PM
    Hi Yanicmd,

Just curious... I live in Tobago myself, and Bing Maps are just a waste of time,... places are not only mis-spelled, but also positioned completely wrong....

How is the coverage in Jamaica - is Bing Maps as precise as Google Maps?

When it comes to downloading of maps, - Google prevents you from doing so - they don't allow it... the only way to handle it legally - is to cache an area, and protect that cache from being cleared.... Some apps already do this, but require the app to be open - as soon as app close, the cached part of Google Map is cleared...
    Hey sorry for the late response went on vacation bing does not work at all it never ever finds my location
    06-10-12 04:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD