For those of you sick and tired waiting around for Magellan to get off their asses and give us an update with Turn by Turn voice Navigation....
    I came across NAVIGATOR today under Apps>Beta in App World:
    Navigator - BlackBerry App World
    Might. Be me, but link to Navigator doesn't work, and cannot find it searching app world.

But did find osmAnd in new arrivals which also has offline.
    04-21-12 03:02 PM
    Might. Be me, but link to Navigator doesn't work, and cannot find it searching app world.

I am pretty sure it's only available in Canada right now, that's why you arne't able to see it in AppWorld. Sorry wasn't aware of that when I posted.
    04-21-12 06:49 PM

Okay WEIRDEST THING I just downloaded OSMAND, and it says I have a previous ver installed. I go into settings and it's the EXACT same settings as NAVIGATOR has! Except this one if free and not $7.00 so WHAT THE ?
    04-21-12 06:55 PM
    Going to check out Osmand
    04-21-12 07:13 PM
    Okay WEIRDEST THING I just downloaded OSMAND, and it says I have a previous ver installed. I go into settings and it's the EXACT same settings as NAVIGATOR has! Except this one if free and not $7.00 so WHAT THE ?
    I just downloaded it and got the same message but I don'have navigator. I do have
    magellan though.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    04-21-12 07:13 PM
    "The free OsmAnd version is limited to 8 downloads and does not support offline wikipedia articles."

There's your answer. There is no such thing as a free lunch or mapping programming!

Okay, how do you EXIT it. Looks like you have to launch another Android app. Voices? (probably need to start its own thread)
    Last edited by F2; 04-21-12 at 07:54 PM.
    04-21-12 07:17 PM
    "
    Okay, how do you EXIT it. Looks like you have to launch another Android app. Voices? (probably need to start its own thread)
    Yes new post may be warranted......If you post, reference where please, but to exit, go to main menu from map screen by clicking lower left icon, then, click X in top right.
    04-21-12 08:21 PM
    We have not forgotten about anyone nor the application. It continues to be developed and enhanced. Additionally, we have been in beta test with a group of users for several weeks. We are working on the final group of issues and hope to release it shortly. Complex applications take time. Especially when it comes to routing. True, this has taken more time then we believed, but we are dependent on the mapping provider for some aspect of the system and have to work around other issues that needed to be addressed.

We answer all emails received. If you have not received a response, please resend or post to our blog.
    peter9477 and greatwiseone like this.
    04-23-12 07:28 AM
    "The free OsmAnd version is limited to 8 downloads and does not support offline wikipedia articles."

There's your answer. There is no such thing as a free lunch or mapping programming!

Upper right corner (X button) to exit the app. And, as far as I know, this thread is for Magellan Compass not for OsmAnd. Somebody should Create new thread, and discuss any matters about the app there
    04-23-12 08:56 AM
    Upper right corner (X button) to exit the app. And, as far as I know, this thread is for Magellan Compass not for OsmAnd. Somebody should Create new thread, and discuss any matters about the app there
    Navigator, paid version of osmand thread is here. But you knew that - you posted in it.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...ce-nav-717871/
    04-23-12 09:18 AM
    Surely I can't be the only one to be confused about the naming of this product. Is there some sort of connection between "Magellan Compass by o2 interactive" and Magellan or am I being mislead by the name?
    05-13-12 02:32 PM
    Surely I can't be the only one to be confused about the naming of this product. Is there some sort of connection between "Magellan Compass by o2 interactive" and Magellan or am I being mislead by the name?
    See Ferdinand Magellan.
    05-13-12 06:57 PM
    I get it, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a bit deceiving calling a navigation product "Magellan"
    05-13-12 11:39 PM
    I get it, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a bit deceiving calling a navigation product "Magellan"
    That's a fair comment as I was also fooled by the name initially. But I don't mind the fact that the app wasn't written by MagellanGPS. It is good enough for my purposes.

We'll see what TomTom has in store for BB10. But that's going to be months away.
    05-14-12 06:01 AM
    I'd really like to see something like a touch-friendly of S&T. The data import capabilities of it are great.
    05-14-12 11:46 AM
    3.0 is out any one tested it yet. any feedback on rerouting yet.
    05-16-12 01:09 PM
    What is the contact info for Navigator. Cannot seem to find it.

I am emailing all 4 of the navigational programs I have downloaded or have bought. It seems like it should not be too hard to create a simple UI for directions, then add on complexiblity so us dummies could have a functioning program.
    07-08-12 06:56 PM
    What is the contact info for Navigator. Cannot seem to find it.

I am emailing all 4 of the navigational programs I have downloaded or have bought. It seems like it should not be too hard to create a simple UI for directions, then add on complexiblity so us dummies could have a functioning program.
    , I bought Magellan Compass thinking it was an actual "Magellan" product, complete with their half-decent UI.
    07-08-12 07:10 PM
118 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD