Hey, did a security wipe and then re-loaded my apps. Magellan Compass was the only one that did not allow me to reload. It didn't recognize that I had already purchased it. I have tried to contact Magellan support but still haven't got a response from them. As well to top it off, app world will now not allow me to purchase any apps. I know app world can be problematic just wonder if anyone knows how to deal with trying to fix app world without having to go through appworld support. It seems to be a black hole. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    01-11-12 07:55 PM
    Why in the world many of us do security wipe at first, personnally it's been a month I got my PB an never have any problem or reason to do so, is it a bad PC reflex, just asking, sorry if I can't help.
    Last edited by Sergag; 01-11-12 at 08:07 PM.
    01-11-12 08:05 PM
    Hey, did a security wipe and then re-loaded my apps. Magellan Compass was the only one that did not allow me to reload. ...
    Are you saying you had other paid apps which it did recognize and let you reload from App World?

Otherwise, it just sounds like you used a different BlackBerry ID this time.
    01-11-12 08:17 PM
    Wow! fast reply but really I can't even respond to that.

For others that may want to try and help, I did a security wipe via bb support when they were trying to help me do a back up that my playbook refused to do. The whole backup work around, drag and drop to a folder on my laptop took a few hours, back and forth and then re-loaded apps. All but Magellan re-loaded or recognized that I had purchased the app. Just looking at seeing if others have had issues like this. Thanks!
    01-11-12 08:23 PM
    Are you saying you had other paid apps which it did recognize and let you reload from App World? Otherwise, it just sounds like you used a different BlackBerry ID this time.

Yes, I had other apps I had paid for that prompted me to re-load, recognizing my purchase. The Magellan app did not and merely allowed me to load the trial app as if I had never purchased it. I do have my e-mail receipt that I have forwarded to the developer support e-mail. Thanks
    01-11-12 08:27 PM
    I got a refund when I had problems:

Contact

appworldbilling@rim.com
    01-12-12 01:11 AM
    I have got a reply and refund from appworld. They were quick to respond and all is well on that front. just wish I could actually buy something from app world. I have received support e-mails about the issue but no actual ideas on how to rectify. My credit card is expiring next month and that is the only thing I can see that may be stopping any purchase. The issue I have, is how does one edit financial info on the PB in appworld? I can't even get into any info to change! Still working on it but at least the Magellan thing is worked out. Thanks!
    01-12-12 10:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD