I downloaded the trial and it seems nice.

I life on Aruba and found no points in interest, restaurants or whatsoever. Now I'm wondering if this app is of any value outside the USA like Europe?
    12-25-11 10:38 AM
    You may have to buy maps for outside north america.
    12-25-11 10:59 AM
    You may have to buy maps for outside north america.
    I use it outside of north america, but afaik, I don't need to purchase anything. I can see my map clearly. Doesn't magellan download its map from google? Is there a feature I don't know of?
    12-25-11 11:09 AM
    I use it outside of north america, but afaik, I don't need to purchase anything. I can see my map clearly. Doesn't magellan download its map from google? Is there a feature I don't know of?
    Magellan Compass uses Google maps and uses Yelp for local search. Therefore, you should expect that the map coverage will be only as good as Google maps can provide for your area (excellent probably). Likewise, local search results will only be as good as Yelp coverage allows for your region.
    12-25-11 01:17 PM
    It is planned (after version 3) to offer other location services other than Yelp (and Yelp will still be available). It is used as part of the new directions/guidance interface and we hope to expose that for general searches as well. It does provide data from all regions of the world, we are just uncertain how detailed it is at this point.
    01-24-12 06:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD