okay, wow, the playbook handles games so well

machinarium is a must have title, highly recommended by a lot of folks and me, not only for a really fun game, but also to truly show off just how awesome the future of gaming looks for the playbook (bbx platform)

i look forward to hopefully seeing many many more really creative and outstanding titles like machinarium from amanita designs coming to playbook, considering machinarium is their first "full game", the future could be bright between amanita and bbx

they're so outside the box, it's so awesome how creative they are that i was literally lol'ing and cheering to myself each time i figured out a wacky puzzle or just "what to do" in general

i absolutely love playing games on the playbook, it is literally perfect for portable and console type gaming

and with hdmi out and 5.1 support - the playbook would make an ideal game controller for say, an awesome "medal of honor" port from ea, or perhaps a port of "company of heroes" from thq (love that game, it is so fun on pc)

it would totally be possible for the playbook to be a "playstation certified" tablet with the playstation store as an app, i don't know though, because rim could also become another "playstation" competitor all on their own, with bbx tablets and phones, just like pc gaming i guess

anyways, i am thoroughly impressed with and super excited about the games i have decided to purchase, and with bbx2 on the horizon, i can only imagine what the future holds! awesomeness, truly

so good, peace
    Last edited by buckwylder; 11-28-11 at 02:59 AM.
    11-28-11 02:54 AM
    i am a hardcore gaming nut case, meaning, i usually play psp / ps3, but honestly - i think this playbook and future playbooks are already and going to continue to be a force in gaming, if rim rocks it right and so far so good, i'd say
    11-28-11 03:03 AM
    woops, same post twice, sorry
    Last edited by buckwylder; 11-28-11 at 03:13 AM.
    11-28-11 03:10 AM
    i actually view the tablet space as a viable re-awakening of a new pc market for games

maybe this has already been said by a bunch of people, i don't know, but i think that xbox and playstation are looking at their next form of competition in a tablet like the playbook

perhaps rim already knows this and has huge plans in store for bbx gaming, one can only hope

the future is all about gaming, it is the new "driving force" and i think everything will eventually be "game-ified" in some way

work systems could be implemented as "competitive inter office games" for workers to use and compete with eachother in statistical ways, making selling products super fun and working in general, just plain fun

a lot of workplaces already do this, anyways, i am now rambling on and beginning to trail off on a tangent, fun tangent though

lol, peace
    Last edited by buckwylder; 11-28-11 at 03:17 AM. Reason: spell check, lol
    11-28-11 03:11 AM
    Awesome sauce !

Have fun !
    11-28-11 07:30 AM
    Machinarium absolutely rocks! A terrific game...
    11-28-11 09:10 AM
    Maybe I am dense, but what am I supposed to do to play? I get junk drop & a creature running in and out?
    12-03-11 09:49 PM
    LOL! Same here. But you know there is a help book icon if you need a clue LOL!!
    Have fun, that's what it's all about.

hint: whatever you do, once you get the hint book open, make sure you snap a screenshot (click both volume buttons simultaneously) so you can refer to it often rather than having to...you know, shoot and dodge the freakin' spiders....doh!
    Last edited by BlackStormRising; 12-03-11 at 10:00 PM.
    roughout123 likes this.
    12-03-11 09:56 PM
    Great game! I spent hours playing this evening. If you like puzzles, don't miss this one!
    12-04-11 02:34 AM
    how am i suppose to get into the middle prison cell...i dont remember getting captured. HELP!?!?!?
    12-04-11 04:46 PM
    There's a book in the lower right corner under the menu. Win the mini-game for a walkthrough of the level.
    12-04-11 09:04 PM
    I just cleared the game. It's pretty good.

Unfortunately it has a couple bugs:
    1. When resuming, it starts some scene(s) after the one I was clearing, so I have to load my save slot
    2. In the "heads connected" mini-game, I once got stuck inside the walls right after moving from one screen to another.

Overall it is still wonderful and worthy of 5 stars, even with the hints you still need to connect some dots, but it is still clearable
    12-04-11 11:26 PM
    Where do I get the plunger?
    12-14-11 01:24 AM
    Look on the roof in the cell
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    12-14-11 01:30 AM
    Machinarium is a great puzzle game! It's kinda reminiscent of the "Room Escape" style kind of gameplay where you click here and there to find clue and items to accomplish the goal of the game. I'm kinda stuck at this mini game where you move a venn-diagram kinda thingy.

But nonetheless, the graphics and the robot is super cute and very artistic.

I believe that gaming on the playbook is the way to go. I have an ipad and I think the playbook is soooooo much better for gaming. The form factor is just right. The ipad is WAY too big for me to game properly.
    12-14-11 02:55 AM
    I just finished machinarium! Wow this games was tough but so cool and fun. Such a great puzzle game. Can't wait for more like this.
    03-14-12 06:33 PM
    Maybe I am dense, but what am I supposed to do to play? I get junk drop & a creature running in and out?
    Hahaha. That opening screen. I was stuck on there also for like 30 minutes. I had to watch it on YouTube to figure it out.
    03-14-12 07:59 PM
    Hahaha. That opening screen. I was stuck on there also for like 30 minutes. I had to watch it on YouTube to figure it out.
    03-14-12 08:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD