(but its the only adventure game in the store)
    11-22-11 11:36 AM
    Woo I've been waiting for this game, didn't know it came out.
    11-22-11 11:45 AM
    Woo I've been waiting for this game, didn't know it came out.
    Wondering why Big fish games and some of the other quality adventure app devs dont jump aboard?

This app store is fertile land for the pickins. the only competition is an ebook dev flooding new releases by the dozen daily. Weird.
    11-22-11 12:30 PM
    Yes those book apps (if you can call them that) are insane. If you can get around them there are good apps.
    11-22-11 12:37 PM
    I'm glad we finally got it, and get this... WE GOT IT BEFORE ANDOID!?! It was/has been the #1 app/game in the App Store for awhile, and it just makes me smile.
    blemoon42 likes this.
    11-22-11 01:16 PM
    Big fish games
    Telltale (back to the future etc)
    G5 - g5e.com
    Alawar
    Nevosoft
    LucasArts - Monkey island

thatll be a good start
    11-22-11 01:26 PM
    Big fish games
    Telltale (back to the future etc)
    G5 - g5e.com
    Alawar
    Nevosoft
    LucasArts - Monkey island

thatll be a good start
    I'd love to see the Monkey Island remakes on the PlayBook. I think its just a matter of time before game devs realize that PlayBook is a legitimate gaming platform.

Keep buying games you guys!
    11-22-11 04:57 PM
    Well, you can probably run the old Monkey Island games through DosBox....
    11-22-11 06:04 PM
    I wrote to Big Fish Games many months ago asking them if they would develop, or had any plans to, bring their products to the Playbook and received a response that they currently had no plans to do so. Interestingly, Apple has just allowed them offer a subscription service on the Ipad for their products: Apple allows Big Fish to offer subscription-based gaming on iPad | Joystiq

Maybe if more people wrote to them and expressed interest, they would reconsider the Playbook.
    11-23-11 10:26 AM
    I wrote to Big Fish Games many months ago asking them if they would develop, or had any plans to, bring their products to the Playbook and received a response that they currently had no plans to do so. Interestingly, Apple has just allowed them offer a subscription service on the Ipad for their products: Apple allows Big Fish to offer subscription-based gaming on iPad | Joystiq

Maybe if more people wrote to them and expressed interest, they would reconsider the Playbook.
    BAD NEWS.

Lets not forget Konami, capcom. namco, sega, com2us, gamevil

Someone please help RIM to really "get it". its not about the hardware, fools.
    11-23-11 11:09 AM
    Got a twitter response from Big Fish Games just now to my question as to whether or not the Playbook would be supported. The message says "Good Question! I dont have any info at this time, but if that changes, we'll post it here."
    11-23-11 12:56 PM
    Got a twitter response from Big Fish Games just now to my question as to whether or not the Playbook would be supported. The message says "Good Question! I dont have any info at this time, but if that changes, we'll post it here."
    Awesome. Big fish sets the market for adventure/hidden object casual games. They are king.

Im surprised they never supported even blackberry phones. someone running appsworld dev relations needs to be taken into and talked at real good.

G5 just put up 6 games on amazon kindle fire including Crystal Portal. And im jealous, EA just slapped on Monopoly and more. Gamevil put up Zenonia.
    11-23-11 01:05 PM
    I've become addicted to Big Fish Games. In fact they have me rethinking the purchase of a playbook. My work provides me with an iPad. I just can't give up my 9700 for the iPhone though.
    11-28-11 06:13 PM
    I like this game on my MBA, hope the graphics are just as cool on the PB .
    11-28-11 06:22 PM
    i've become addicted to big fish games. In fact they have me rethinking the purchase of a playbook. My work provides me with an ipad. I just can't give up my 9700 for the iphone though.
    yes. !!!
    nextlevel88 likes this.
    11-28-11 07:49 PM
    (but its the only adventure game in the store)

I don't know what you meant by saying it's the only adventure game.

There is no adventure category and there is at least one other game like it that has been available on playbook for a long time.

The Visitor has been available for a LONG time in appworld.

It's in the "Puzzles" category along with Machinarium.
    11-29-11 12:21 AM
    theres quite a few...journey if reemus series and other games by the same maker, clickshake games llc.
    11-29-11 12:24 AM
    Awesome. Big fish sets the market for adventure/hidden object casual games. They are king.

Im surprised they never supported even blackberry phones. someone running appsworld dev relations needs to be taken into and talked at real good.

G5 just put up 6 games on amazon kindle fire including Crystal Portal. And im jealous, EA just slapped on Monopoly and more. Gamevil put up Zenonia.
    Monopoly would be fun; hopefully EA brings that to the Playbook soon. As for Big Fish Games; I highly recommend that everyone who has a Playbook send them an email or twitter message indicating your support for their games and wanting to see it on the Playbook.

The more I interact with companies who develop products for the mobile world, the more I come away with a feeling that these companies would be interested in developing for the Playbook but they really dont know if there would be interest from the consumers. Zen Studios was a prime example of that as they indicated they would be interested but were having a hard time gaging whether or not consumers of the Playbook would be interested in playing their games on it.

I'm not sure why these companies think the Playbook owners would be different in terms of wanting to purchase games on their tablet, but I do think that we in the Playbook community, need to be more proactive in contacting the companies and letting them know that there is interest out there.
    UltraBlackBerry likes this.
    11-29-11 01:10 PM
    Monopoly would be fun; hopefully EA brings that to the Playbook soon. As for Big Fish Games; I highly recommend that everyone who has a Playbook send them an email or twitter message indicating your support for their games and wanting to see it on the Playbook.

The more I interact with companies who develop products for the mobile world, the more I come away with a feeling that these companies would be interested in developing for the Playbook but they really dont know if there would be interest from the consumers. Zen Studios was a prime example of that as they indicated they would be interested but were having a hard time gaging whether or not consumers of the Playbook would be interested in playing their games on it.

I'm not sure why these companies think the Playbook owners would be different in terms of wanting to purchase games on their tablet, but I do think that we in the Playbook community, need to be more proactive in contacting the companies and letting them know that there is interest out there.
    Yes, this. ^
    11-29-11 04:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD