09-23-12 02:25 PM
34 12
tools
    What is the solution here ? I have recently bought a play book and have the same problem :

Gmail account sync over the bridge with WIFI disconnected
    Gmail account sync FAILS over WIFI

Try a security wipe but that did not resolve the issue.

Is it an issue with my WIFI ? I have tried restarting, using an unsecured connection but still unable to get it working.
    06-20-12 05:46 AM
    I'm also getting the same problems on two PBs. One I use regularly with Bridge an Wifi and one only on Wifi. Gmail stops synching after a few weeks or so. All I do is deleting my Account in the PB Settings and afterwards rebooting the device. Then I create a new account with the simple method of adding email address and password only. After that is done Synching with Gmails works again for another period..

Hope RIM knows what the problem is and brings a fix.
    06-30-12 07:17 AM
    Must be something with Google. My live.com account has never been a problem. It works bridge, wifi, wifi with bridge, any combination.
    06-30-12 08:10 AM
    Any luck yet? Even upgraded to. 668 and still no love with the native Gmail and wifi. Very annoying. I've tried everything. Dammit its so frustrating. I want RIM to succeed so badly but these ***king issues keep popping up and it just confirms amateur hour is still going strong. The playbook beta test continues.
    08-02-12 01:52 PM
    Try going to https://accounts.google.com/UnlockCaptcha and follow the process. Esentially you go there, click on "continue" and have 10 minutes to login with an app which will be permanently authorized. So, go there and try to login with the messages app.
    08-03-12 01:56 AM
    Try going to https://accounts.google.com/UnlockCaptcha and follow the process. Esentially you go there, click on "continue" and have 10 minutes to login with an app which will be permanently authorized. So, go there and try to login with the messages app.
    I tried this solution and still doen't work. It's been a while since I abandonned trying but I decided to give another try today without any success. I can't wait for RIM to finally LISTEN to people that have bugs and really try to fix it instead of giving the "factory reset" thing that didn't even work for those people with that problem.
    08-07-12 04:25 PM
    Yep. I tried it too. Once again, only works with bridge. It's so frustrating as I think the native email client is awesome.
    08-08-12 09:50 PM
    ive had this issue also, having gone thru the 2step auth porcess it still didnt work, then i tried it over bridge without wifi. ta dah!!! it works. i'm pleased it does, but c'mon rim, thats crappy.
    09-23-12 10:32 AM
    Whoops. Even just using the bridge connection both emails now wont connect, with the standard. m.Google error appearing.
    What is the imap server address and other associated settings please.
    I dont need to use calendars or contacts, just emails.
    Thanks all.
    09-23-12 02:25 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD