Check out luko remote app, it's a good remote application that allows you to control your mouse and type with your playbook. it cost 2.99 but i think that's a good price for such an app. this will be my third paid app i guess. 2.99 well spent. You also have to install the server application on your PC. Too bad it will only work with windows machine. Just found out you can control the volume, play/stop button also from it. And it works on OS2.0.
    Last edited by dennie82; 11-01-11 at 09:27 AM.
    Morbium and KermEd like this.
    11-01-11 09:19 AM
    I was curious to this app as well, and makes me wish this tablet was built also for stylists. Anyways, don't think it's meant for that.
    I didn't get to read much about it, but could you connect it instead of using wifi? I'd hate to be tied to it...
    11-01-11 01:22 PM
    The only way for you to connect is through Wi-Fi. Not sure if the developer is going to make a different way to connect.
    11-01-11 01:55 PM
    This is an incredible app, using it right now to type this post. I highly suggest downloading the free trial.
    11-01-11 10:22 PM
    Really liking this so far. love the fact that you have media keys, esc, enter, ctrl, alt etc...

another cool feature is that you can see what you're typing on the track pad so you don't have to keep looking up at your TV screen.

definitely happy with the purchase so far.
    11-01-11 10:48 PM
    I'm really loving this app to! Can hardly wai till it gets a landscape mode as well.

Anyone know how launcher and places work?
    11-01-11 11:57 PM
    I'm really loving this app to! Can hardly wai till it gets a landscape mode as well.

Anyone know how launcher and places work?
    Launcher and Places work off your desktop file system. Navigate to a folder from the Browser panel and press and hold. you will get a pop up to place a shortcut in the Places panel. Do the same for a file and you can place a link under the Launcher panel.

Works well if you want to place a shortcut to your web browser or media player directly into the app.
    Morbium likes this.
    11-02-11 12:32 AM
    bought it too,i really like it.
    It has some nice features like showing the text on the playbook and the whole media buttons,would be great if you could create some custom ones.
    @aminrajabi for explaining places and launcher,didnt have a clue whta to do with it before.
    Its nice it uses the native keyboard,the other app in the appworld uses a huge custom one which was hard to use.
    2 things i would like to have
    1.landscape mode
    2.options fo the mouse speed and so, a optional bigger scroll bar etc.
    but for the 2.99 its good,hope the developer listens and improves the app
    11-02-11 01:57 AM
    Ok. Great comments. NOT working for me. I keep getting an error message saying that it cannot connect to PC. Uninstalled and reinstalled on both. Any ideas? What am I doing wrong? I'm running Windows 7.

Well?!?
    Last edited by jamesharmeling; 11-03-11 at 12:43 PM.
    11-02-11 09:39 AM
    I love the idea! Its on my to-do list. Unfortunately at the office I have my PB and my MacBook on two separate networks. I keep my PB on the testing network so it has unfiltered internet access.

But I want to pick this up to support, because it is a very nice idea
    11-02-11 09:56 AM
    This app is awesome, if they added an ability to view my monitor it would be even better as a remote right now isn't what I really need (cannot find much use for it) but viewing my monitor would make it that much better for me.

But it was very simple to use and run which is a huge ++++
    Morbium likes this.
    11-02-11 12:57 PM
    I am also looking for a bluetooth solution with the same/similar functionality. Does anybody know of one? Maybe an Android app? (I'm on the 2.0 beta)
    11-04-11 07:04 PM
    So they just updated the app today to 2.21. They added landscape view and sensitivity option. You also have to update your luko server version to 1.02.
    Last edited by dennie82; 11-08-11 at 11:57 AM.
    11-08-11 11:54 AM
    I am a public speaker who likes to control his own power point. Luko remote allows me to do that in spades. Its far better than any of the other apps on app world and I've tried them all.

Love it!

Had trouble setting it up but received support from them within 15 minutes. They stayed with me until my problem was solved then emailed back twice to ensure I was satisfied.

Try it! You'll like it!
    11-25-11 10:39 AM
    I too had trouble setting it up. Key for me was to press the little picture of a computer first and then to give it time to connect before touching anything else.

Pressing anything else first and particularly trying to rush the app seemed to keep it from connecting.

Hope that helps.
    11-25-11 10:43 AM
    This is simply awesome...

I dislike the fact that the conection is via wifi... it would be a lot better if it was on Bluetooth.

Buts its ok..

Its nice to connect my PC and watch my FILMs or youtube vid while laying far away on the couch.
    11-25-11 10:59 AM
    Can't get this to connect at all, driving me insane!
    11-25-11 11:21 AM
    Quite the app for $3.
    01-03-12 05:32 PM
    I need an app that does everything Luko does, but supports Ubuntu Linux 64 bit. Does anyone know of a solution?
    03-05-12 02:28 AM
    I need an app that does everything Luko does, but supports Ubuntu Linux 64 bit. Does anyone know of a solution?
    Same here, except for mac. I use Mobilemouse on my iphone, but really want something like this on my playbook.
    03-05-12 01:42 PM
    This app is simply amazing! It filled a HUGE void I had in controlling Netflix from the couch via my PC tv-out. It also works perfectly with selecting all of my music and playing through my stereo. Just simply awesome $3 tool!
    03-11-12 11:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD