I dont know if self promotion is allowed here, just wanted everyone to get a look at my app/game if you would.

my gf (naturally) left me 5 stars, but the other 2 reviews arent so good.

i know its not an in depth game like many out there but there really isnt much else like it

I do plan on expanding this. First of all, i plan on getting scoring right, i cant seem to get it to reset right now, im also planning on adding more cars, facebook bragging and eventually if my skills improve enough, maybe 3D graphics and use the NDK...

for now please try it out, i think its pretty cool
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/86889
    Last edited by offthahorseceo; 03-03-12 at 01:59 AM.
    03-02-12 04:13 PM
    Start off by adding some screenshots and a description. People will leave bad reviews if it's not top notch 100% perfect, they're just almost never satisfied :P EDIT:: Strange, the website app world didn't show screenshots or a description but on my PB it does.. Downloading now

I'll go download it now and give it a go and leave you a review though Heck, maybe you can do the same for mine (NElements, in my signature)
    offthahorseceo likes this.
    03-02-12 04:18 PM
    Self promotion is fine. Let's the rest of us know what is new in app world. Congrats and keep up the good work.
    03-02-12 04:18 PM
    i cant get my wifi at work to connect to my pb for some reason, its not the pb im sure, its the network.

if i click d/l from appworld, will it download when i get home?
    spatialmongrel likes this.
    03-02-12 04:30 PM
    I don't think so? It might I'm not sure, I've never downloaded an app from app world's website. By the way, downloaded it and it's pretty unique. A pretty good concept, IMO. The updates will be very welcomed
    03-02-12 04:39 PM
    my gf (naturally) left me 5 stars
    Naturally...she gives everyone five stars...

Nice to see your positivity.
    03-02-12 04:40 PM
    Start off by adding some screenshots and a description. People will leave bad reviews if it's not top notch 100% perfect, they're just almost never satisfied :P EDIT:: Strange, the website app world didn't show screenshots or a description but on my PB it does.. Downloading now

I'll go download it now and give it a go and leave you a review though Heck, maybe you can do the same for mine (NElements, in my signature)
    i just realized i linked the reviews page, so thats why there are no screenshots or description...OOPS lol
    03-02-12 04:42 PM
    Congrats to your app getting approved!
    03-02-12 04:52 PM
    This reminds me of the game "Street Rod" from back in the day - just based on the screenshot that is!

Thanks for the heads up, OP.
    03-02-12 06:26 PM
    This app looks fun, in an old skool way, but I might have to refrain from downloading it due to the name. Darn song has been stuck in my head now and I know it would happen whenever I see the app icon...
    9of13 likes this.
    03-02-12 08:01 PM
    Kudos for developing an app for PB. I am sure you will make it top notch as you improve it! It is kind of cool. I like it
    03-02-12 10:08 PM
    I dont know if self promotion is allowed here, just wanted everyone to get a look at my app/game if you would.

my gf (naturally) left me 5 stars, but the other 2 reviews arent so good.

i know its not an in depth game like many out there but there really isnt much else like it

I do plan on expanding this. First of all, i plan on getting scoring right, i cant seem to get it to reset right now, im also planning on adding more cars, facebook bragging and eventually if my skills improve enough, maybe 3D graphics and use the NDK...

for now please try it out, i think its pretty cool
    Free Lowrider - Download Lowrider - Free Games from BlackBerry App World
    Take the /?lang=eng off the end of your link and it will allow us on the PlayBook to open it in app world directly. Thanks for posting I will try it out
    03-02-12 11:43 PM
    Take the /?lang=eng off the end of your link and it will allow us on the PlayBook to open it in app world directly. Thanks for posting I will try it out

Got it thanks
    03-03-12 01:59 AM
    Did you get your free playbook ?:P
    03-03-12 02:34 AM
    your gf is a keeper bro
    yauchunh likes this.
    03-03-12 03:34 AM
    When do we see your next app?
    03-03-12 09:54 AM
    Self promotion is fine. Let's the rest of us know what is new in app world. Congrats and keep up the good work.
    +1 (sorry im lazy)
    03-03-12 10:08 AM
    Congrats. I downloaded it. Not a bad little game.

James
    03-03-12 10:34 AM
    Ive had this game for a few days on my PB myself! I like it! good job!
    03-03-12 11:08 AM
    your gf is a keeper bro

LOL is the game THAT bad?!
    03-03-12 12:00 PM
    When do we see your next app?
    Well my gf is releasing one with my help under "her" line. To be honest, hers was more of a learning experience than mine and is still not perfect.

Hers will also be even more of a niche product. Its called animal farm and its a very basic point and identify type if thing. You point out the sheep and depending on if you chose spanish or english at the beginning a box will pop up in the correct language "i see a sheep!" as well as a voice saying "sheep, i see a sheep!" (or "borrego, yo veo un borrego").

In the future, we plan on developing and releasing similar apps to this that are geared towards SLPs teachers parents of children with delayed speech development. She will be the designer and consultant on the app and ill be putting her ideas into software. Shes really excited about this and tbh so am I!

My gf will soon be an slp and she says this is a tool that helps kids form sentences and something else i cant remember what.

MY next app is the played out gun app, its almost done and instead of just gun sounds I'm also including reference information and fun facts. That was actually gonna be my "free playbook" app but i decided to go with Lowrider instead.

My next real app concept is an in-depth commission tracker for at&t authorized retailer reps. Ive had a few different commission structures and i know they can vary widely so what i want to do is have the start-up screen be the "get to know you" screen. On this screen you would choose whether your commission is the "at risk" style or the raw per unit style. From there you would add in specifics such as rates for everything you can possibly be paid on, goals, quotas (your goal should always be more than quota) etcetc. After that you would either have the option to enter every sale manually, or import the xml file that at&t's activation system creates for every customer. This xml file includes only info such as type of phone, rate plan features etc etc.

I would use the heck out of my own app and shameless promote it when we send out emails between agents.

I start work on it soon.
    Last edited by offthahorseceo; 03-03-12 at 12:17 PM.
    03-03-12 12:13 PM
    Ive finally had some time to revisit the files for this game. Implemented a better scoring system. now, every time you "progress" in your hop, your score increases (instead of only when 'hitting back bumper')

Also, now if you mess up and cant recover, your score clears to zero.
    Also, i changed the font for the score, that old english made it hard to read

I'll try to get something in place to save the scores then submit an update to AppWorld. Once i can get that down ill start adding cars.
    03-12-12 06:46 PM
    Mine got rejected o.O I wasn't very happy and have appealed! :P Congratulations on this though.
    03-13-12 10:09 PM
    I was wondering about that. Hadnt heard from you...and i switched berries so i lost your email...

If you still have mine, msg me i have an idea for a very useful app.
    03-13-12 10:41 PM
    finally got the scoring system down. new icon and music tweaks.

Uploaded the update today so it will hopefully be available soon

i wish i could figure out the swipe down menu, its not hugely important, but i feel like it would help me clean up the looks of the app a bit.

Until then i'll be working on a new car...any requests?
    03-17-12 05:06 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD