Is it me or is appworld full of really bad apps recently, since rim announced the free playbook to new app submissions?

I won't mention any specific app names, but one in particular, from what I can tell from the screenshots, isn't more than a storytelling app with cheaply drawn screens. This particular developer has a few of these apps in appworld, each telling a different story.

I sure hope he didn't get a pb for each one... Too bad they were screened in, just pollutes appworld even more.

Looking forward to the "real" apps to start trickling in.
    02-24-12 07:47 PM
    Check out Categories -> Music & Audio -> MP3 & Media Players. Scroll down half way. I thought I was looking at some soft p0rn apps
    02-24-12 08:00 PM
    I bet if you really, really, really, really tried hard you could find some good apps too! C'mon, give it a try, will ya?
    02-24-12 08:00 PM
    I bet if you really, really, really, really tried hard you could find some good apps too! C'mon, give it a try, will ya?
    Yes, thanks for the tip. I guess I should have been clearer... RIM should perhaps not approve this junk, and focus on the good apps...

Just makes appworld look bad imho... It's clear though these developers were in it for the free playbook...oh well...
    02-24-12 08:24 PM
    Yeah, there was a bunch of yahoos on xda trying to port crappy apps.
    Just like android market, the ratings and search filters are important, so rate your apps.
    02-24-12 08:26 PM
    I'd like to see a method of filtering out all of the Android apps. Don't get me wrong I'm pretty sure I'd like Android apps on an Android device but this isn't an Android device and had I wanted one I would have bought one. Maybe there is one in my future some day but for now I'd rather see just Playbook apps and have an honest accounting of how many there really are instead of falsely inflating the app count.
    02-24-12 09:47 PM
    Yeah, RIM should definitely be more picky. Maybe require developers to adhere to a minimum UI standard. Half of them don't even have screenshots.

Regardless of what people say, App World has never had a problem with the quantity of apps. It has a problem with the quality of apps. Sure, it doesn't have the 100,000+ selection of iOS or Android, but ~5000 is more than enough to have an app for almost everything. There's no point in having 200 unit conversion apps for the Playbook, especially since it comes with a nice built-in one..
    02-24-12 09:56 PM
    Wharever RIM is doing is failed.
    Darm do darm don't
    People were complaining too few apps
    People are complaining too many junk apps
    Seriously, if the app is junk, can't you just ignore it?
    A junk to you needs not a junk to others
    Why are people so narrow minded?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    02-24-12 10:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD