Hi

So I was using the beta 2.0 OS until last week and decided to downgrade back to 1.0.8 last week. I connected to DM while the PB was turned off, hit the "update" dialogue box and it wiped the PB, and reinstalled 1.0.8 OS.

Everything went fine, I went through the whole set up procedure and then loaded App world. All my apps that I had purchased were in the uninstalled section so I went down the list and reinstalled them.

I then noticed that Monopoly wasn't in the uninstalled section, so I did a search for it and it says "Purchase" instead of "reinstall."

Monopoly was the only app I purchased while using the Beta OS but now that I am back using the official OS, App world doesn't seem to recognize that I have already paid for this app!

So what should I do?

I have my paypal receipt to prove that I purchased the app. Should I email someone at RIM or EA games?
    Should I wait until the official 2.0 OS comes out and see if Monopoly is then in my uninstalled section of App world?

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but another app that I bought before upgrading to OS 2.0 beta, Gem Spinner 2, is not showing as having an upgrade available for it, even though I know one was released a couple of weeks ago.

Any ideas would be great!
    02-02-12 12:18 PM
    I had the same problem after a security wipe and backup. I lost the Magellan compass app. I e-mailed appworld support from the address on my e-mail receipt and had a very good response from appworld support. They refunded me the price of the app. I did re-purchase the same app and hope I have no further problem. The only issue I can see is if one purchased an app on sale and then had to buy it back at full price but like everything, nothing is easy. Contact appworld support, they should be able to help.
    02-02-12 12:35 PM
    Thanks, do you know the email address for app world support? The only address on my email receipt is for EA games.
    02-03-12 02:24 AM
    That brings a good point. So, whatever apps/games I bought in OS 1, wont it be available in OS 2? Should I have to re-purchase (with or without a refund from appworld)?

And that rings a bell, is that the reason why a lot of great games are on huge discount now? A marketing strategy where a lot of people buy the games in discounted price and in 15 days if they update to OS 2, they might have to buy it again in the non-discounted price.
    02-03-12 06:23 AM
    no I think if you purchase apps and then upgrade, that should be fine. Normally purchasing apps on the OS 2 beta then downgrading is fine from what I have heard. I think my situation is just a clich or a bug
    Berry_Boy likes this.
    02-03-12 06:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD