Early Bird | Pepper.pk

SWEEEEET!
    Gucci33 likes this.
    04-14-11 02:23 PM
    ah, do you actually KNOW anything about that app?
    04-14-11 02:24 PM
    Nope but it looks suspiciously much like an email client, doesn't it?
    04-14-11 02:26 PM
    Nope but it looks suspiciously much like an email client, doesn't it?
    brilliant. but uninformative.
    04-14-11 02:30 PM
    This is great news!
    04-14-11 02:33 PM
    Cool.

How Much?
    04-14-11 02:37 PM
    Cool.

How Much?
    04-14-11 02:37 PM
    When Jim L or Basillie are interviewed and harangued about the absence of native email/pim I very much look forward to them saying, without a trace of irony, "there's an app for that"
    04-14-11 02:42 PM
    brilliant. but uninformative.
    What is your problem?
    04-14-11 02:43 PM
    What is your problem?
    nothing. I just would like to have some INFO on the email app, rather than the fact that there is one. pardon me all to heck for asking about it.
    04-14-11 02:45 PM
    What is your problem?
    It's not that there's a problem but currently there's not a whole lot of information on this app. Don't get me wrong, it's not that we're not happy about there being an email client on the PlayBook but clicking on the App World link on their website takes you to their homepage and not App World. Searching App World for it isn't reassuring either. This app has either not been approved yet or is still in development and while that's fine, we don't know how much it'll cost or if it'll be available at launch.

Thanks for bringing us the info, though. It's appreciated.
    04-14-11 02:49 PM
    Cool, thanks for the tip Marco This could be handy until the native one arrives!
    04-14-11 02:59 PM
    I'm probably going to catch flack for this, but so be it...

.pk? I dunno about trusting sensitive email information with that. The last thing we need is sensitive emails from various companies floating away to somewhere else because there's neferious code burried in the app somewhere. Heck, even Apple is bad about letting stuff slip by... Google had the same issue with their apps, I'm sure RIM will too... espeically since I'm sure they didn't pay very much attention to all these new PB apps because they needed to just add them to AppWorld and have them ready for the release.

Just a thought... don't shoot me, but it is a valid concern. If you're as careful about installing 3rd party apps as I am from diverse sources, you'll understand where I'm coming from here, so don't blow it out of the confines of that viewpoint. OK?
    04-14-11 03:06 PM

.pk? I dunno about trusting sensitive email information with that. The last thing we need is sensitive emails from various companies floating away to somewhere else because there's neferious code burried in the app somewhere. Heck, even Apple is bad about letting stuff slip by... Google had the same issue with their apps, I'm sure RIM will too... espeically since I'm sure they didn't pay very much attention to all these new PB apps because they needed to just add them to AppWorld and have them ready for the release.

Just a thought... don't shoot me, but it is a valid concern. If you're as careful about installing 3rd party apps as I am from diverse sources, you'll understand where I'm coming from here, so don't blow it out of the confines of that viewpoint. OK?

This is a point as to why I still use RIM's native calendar! there are 3rd Party options that are much better, but the company's who made them I can't find enough info about to trust my lively hood to them,
    Same goes for email, I really do hope for a 3rd Party email client, but will my corporate accounts be linked to it? I am going to say NOPE, not until I have confidence in the company

Submitting the form means that you agree to receive emails from pepper.pk and FiveRiversTech.com with service updates, special offers, and survey invitations.
    If you submit a support request you must agree to receive spam
    Last edited by deRusett; 04-14-11 at 03:16 PM.
    04-14-11 03:12 PM
    RIM is going to release an email client so wait, use the tethered option to your BB till it arrives, I agree with JRSCCivic98, that is a legitimate concern, and the last thing i ned is for sensitive material from work winding up on an internet page someplace, my boss would have my a** in no time.
    04-14-11 03:19 PM

This is quite the legitimate post... I agree. It's not that it's not nice that there is such an app in the works but I don't think I trust this company that I've never heard of handling my emails. I'm sure there will be a Gmail app soon enough although I wouldn't use any email app at all on my PlayBook since my phone is more than enough to tell me when I have a new message.
    04-14-11 03:37 PM

this is why there is blackberry bridge. real business people with private/secure e-mails use a blackberry anyways. IMO
    04-14-11 03:39 PM
    RIM is going to release an email client so wait, use the bridge option to your BB till it arrives, I agree with JRSCCivic98, that is a legitimate concern, and the last thing i ned is for sensitive material from work winding up on an internet page someplace, my boss would have my a** in no time.
    Fixed
    04-14-11 03:44 PM

I would SURE hope that RIM will check any submitted apps in terms of security. In fact I'm sure they do. There's a reason why they aren't just going to allow Android apps to install from the Android App store. Instead they're vetting the apps, probably to make sure that malware won't ever make it onto the PlayBook. I wouldn't know why else they'd have this whole resubmitting procedure.

Note that I totally agree that installing something from a 3rd party source (as in: somewhere else than from BB AppWorld) is a BAD idea.
    04-14-11 03:48 PM

I've actually never even seen .pk before on a website, had to look it up
    04-14-11 03:48 PM
    I would SURE hope that RIM will check any submitted apps in terms of security. In fact I'm sure they do. There's a reason why they aren't just going to allow Android apps to install from the Android App store. Instead they're vetting the apps, probably to make sure that malware won't ever make it onto the PlayBook. I wouldn't know why else they'd have this whole resubmitting procedure.

Note that I totally agree that installing something from a 3rd party source (as in: somewhere else than from BB AppWorld) is a BAD idea.
    So tell me, OP, did you ever find out ANYTHING about the app you linked to in your OP?
    04-14-11 04:06 PM
    The bottom line is TAT needs to get working (or maybe they already are) on a native email client.

I can't help but think if TAT had been cranking away on an email client instead of the scrapbooking app (which is cool no doubt) many of the negative reviews about what the PB lacks could have been avoided. But hey what do I know about BB users maybe scrapbooking is more important lol
    04-14-11 04:21 PM
    The bottom line is TAT needs to get working (or maybe they already are) on a native email client.

I can't help but think if TAT had been cranking away on an email client instead of the scrapbooking app (which is cool no doubt) many of the negative reviews about what the PB lacks could have been avoided. But hey what do I know about BB users maybe scrapbooking is more important lol
    I'm with you!
    04-14-11 04:22 PM
    So tell me, OP, did you ever find out ANYTHING about the app you linked to in your OP?
    You're starting to seriously annoy me.

Show me the rule where it says that when you find something that might possibly be interesting and you create a forum post about it you're REQUIRED to post additional information from other sources?

Seriously dude, get off my back. Pretty please. Go annoy someone else.
    Lawcheehung likes this.
    04-14-11 04:24 PM
    rimm is due some congratulations here. the PB can do email now.
    04-14-11 04:27 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD