I am looking for a calendar/date scheduler that can be on both my pb and my bb. I love conqu but it doesn't have a sync app for bb. Is there anything out there that will replace my current native calendar on my bb that syncs with 2.0?

Thanks in advance
    02-23-12 06:51 PM
    Bridge calendar/tasks??
    02-24-12 12:19 AM
    I too am looking for one to sync with my BB Torch 9800 & BB Playbook 32GB that I just purchased. Currently I'm using BB Bridge, but seems that I must use the bridged version of calendar on Playbook and that I must also have my phone on (and linked) in order for it to work. I've heard that some are using Google Calendar, others with Calendar Pro. Seems odd that I would need to go to a 3rd party calendar in order for both BB calendars to communicate & work with each other. I had gone with the BB Playbook thinking that they would easily pass info (back & forth) when synced, but not needing to be syncro 100% of the time to do this. Kinda defeats the purpose of go going BB, but whatever if thats the case fine. Then my question would be what is the best (or recommended) app(s) to go with? I don't want to have them synced 100% of the time, just when I want (need) to send info from one to other. I should be able to enter my appt & tasks in either device and when synced, that info will be sent to other. Am I asking to much???
    09-09-12 08:25 AM
    Why not use Google calendar, with a gmail account and use it to sync to both your PB and BB? It has the ability to act as an exchange server.

Best is, it's free as it is a provided service.

That is what I do, and my calendar is sync between PB, BB9900 and Microsoft Outlook.

Give it a try.
    09-10-12 09:14 AM
    Alternative to Google Calendar: Hotmail from Microsoft. It seems to be friendlier to privacy. I read the EULA in my country and that stated "your data belongs to you, we're not interested to collect and connect them".

So if you fear Google to collect and use everything, take a look into Microsoft.

But: I have problems with calendar in my phones (I assume a bug in bada operating system) and Playbook (known problem of muliplying calenders in cal app, I think it's not Hotmails fault).

Another But: With Microsoft putting data in the cloud, it might go out of control in future -> EULA worthless.

Just another way I wanted to mention.

Ray
    09-10-12 11:40 AM
    I'll take a look at google calendar
    Any thoughts on calendar pro?
    09-11-12 07:58 PM
    ?? The native and the bridge calender sync. Why aren't you using them??? Just have a google email account and set that up on the phone and playbook. I can access and update my calender from the phone, playbook, or any computer.
    09-11-12 08:55 PM
    I use the bridge and native calendars to sync with my work calendar ( OWA ) and multiple personal gmail calendars, which can be checked on both my PB and BB. It's smooth!
    09-11-12 11:23 PM
    Well currently I'm using the native calendar on my 9800 and the bridge on my PB. My issue is that it appears I must have them bridged in order for the calendar to function.
    So would Google calendar fix this?
    09-12-12 08:26 PM
    Yes, Google would fix this. In essence, you add your Gmail account to your BB and to the native accounts on your PB (tell the PB to sync calendar - it can also sync contacts). Anything you add to your Google calendar (from PC, BB, PB) will show up on all devices.
    09-13-12 05:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD