Hey guys! Its been quite a while since I was last on CB. I recently jumped back after getting fed up with Windows Phone 10. Well I got the Classic, love the Bold feel and many aspects about it, but irritated about the non-removable battery and loss of the HDMI for the Slimport. That's enough about my rants since I still use my Bold as mass storage. I have my PlayBook out, updated to 2.1 and running right now, but some native .BAR files did not load and I just realized it. I thought about making a backup and reset it, but the Desktop Software gets errors and I can't find a single post with active links for the applications.

I'm looking for the following applications:
    Video Chat
    YouTube
    Podcast
    Hotmail web app
    04-19-16 01:58 PM
    What happens when you go to look for a software update under Settings/Check for Updates. It should download and install the missing apps, I think. Oh, and just so you know, YouTube and Podcast do NOT work anymore but you can find alternatives either in Blackberry World or by sideloading an android app.
    04-19-16 02:19 PM
    04-19-16 04:40 PM
    I checked and 2.1.0.1917 is the latest update.

What happened to the Podcast and YouTube applications?

Thanks for the Video Chat download!
    04-20-16 01:05 PM
    I What happened to the Podcast and YouTube applications?
    Google changed their YouTube API so the App no longer works as intended.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-16 01:46 PM
    Google changed their YouTube API so the App no longer works as intended.

Posted via CB10
    This YOUTUBE does and its even pre patched but must have cobalts google play services installed:

https://app.box.com/s/zcgknldwfpr36ocnpceurcpzs32k307x (From my box)

DO Not Update It For Obvious Reasons!
    Last edited by CatchTwentyTwo; 09-01-16 at 06:10 AM.
    08-31-16 11:21 PM
    This YOUTUBE does and its even pre patched but must have cobalts google play services installed:

DO Not Update It For Obvious Reasons!
    This being a PlayBook forum, are you suggesting cobalt Google Play Services can be installed on the PlayBook?

Posted via CB10
    09-03-16 01:49 AM
    This being a PlayBook forum, are you suggesting cobalt Google Play Services can be installed on the PlayBook?

Posted via CB10
    No, sorry wrong forum, this is BB10 only working fully pre patched. Thanks for the heads up..

-Dread Pirate Regan
    09-03-16 01:51 AM
    Does anyone know where I can find the native bar files for the playbook so I can load up the ones I need manually myself, I only have the browser installed as I did a wipe. Apparently some guy had all the links but it was taken down for some paid app bars on the list as well.

Can anyone else help? I really want to only load what I need and get rid of the other junk so the device can run smoother.
    10-17-16 10:16 PM
    Ttt

I'm into this trying to bring a 4g playbook to life that has nothing but the native browser installed. I am assuming I can use sachesi to install bar files that I download.

Really need the blackberry world bar file.

Is there a way to harvest it from another playbook that has it?

Posted via CB10
    10-18-16 07:43 AM
    Ttt

I'm into this trying to bring a 4g playbook to life that has nothing but the native browser installed. I am assuming I can use sachesi to install bar files that I download.

Really need the blackberry world bar file.

Is there a way to harvest it from another playbook that has it?

Posted via CB10
    I have ALL the .bar files from OS 2.1.0.1314 (an older OS). Not sure that will help you, but maybe if you install them, you would get an update notice??

Edit: link is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/c5qb5bc65i....1314.zip?dl=0
    Last edited by brookie229; 10-18-16 at 10:21 AM.
    10-18-16 09:04 AM
    Wow ! Thanks

Posted via CB10
    10-18-16 03:29 PM
    Thanks,

Really appreciate that.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-16 06:12 PM
    I have ALL the .bar files from OS 2.1.0.1314 (an older OS). Not sure that will help you, but maybe if you install them, you would get an update notice??

Edit: link is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/c5qb5bc65i....1314.zip?dl=0
    Now a question for you if you dont mind, how do I install this by selecting the bar files I need versus installing everything?
    I wiped my PB already and only have browser icon but the computer wont recognize it and I cannot find the PB drivers to install the bar files I have through DDPB
    10-18-16 06:18 PM
    Now a question for you if you dont mind, how do I install this by selecting the bar files I need versus installing everything?
    I wiped my PB already and only have browser icon but the computer wont recognize it and I cannot find the PB drivers to install the bar files I have through DDPB
    If you can't get your PC to recognize the Playbook, there is no way to install those bars individually. I use Sachesi now, but I used to use DDPB. Sachesi does NOT require the Playbook to be in Development Mode, which is required by DDPB. You can also install. Bars using the BlackBerry extension addon from a Chrome browser Or also from an addon in the Firefox browser. You will have to search your browser addons (or extensions) for that. This may be your only hope short of restoring the OS in whole using an autoloader.
    10-18-16 07:40 PM
    You can also use LocalBar, in conjunction with another Playbook or a BB10 device, to load bar files on Playbook (and maybe also for loading bar files onto a BB10 device). Perhaps not in your case if you are trying to rebuild the OS set of bar files. More so from the perspective of just sideloading apps. Avoids the need to connect to a PC (you can do it from the couch) but it's perhaps more involved than you might want depending on what device you use initially to download the bar files (before installation) from the web, and moving the files around to make sure they are in the correct directory (on the correct device) for LocalBar to find then push them to the other device. Something like Ghostcommander comes in handy for that, and just happens to work well given that both the Playbook and BB10 devices can host directories from their systems as file shares.

Posted via CB App for Android on Tab4 (interim Playbook replacement)
    brookie229 likes this.
    10-18-16 07:48 PM
    Good catch--I had forgotten about Localbar, but it is kinda complicated as you say. I only used it once just as a trial and it did work, but I remember it being a hassle.
    10-18-16 07:51 PM
    Good catch--I had forgotten about Localbar, but it is kinda complicated as you say. I only used it once just as a trial and it did work, but I remember it being a hassle.
    Biggest issue for me is remembering how to do it (don't do it very often). I spent a handful of hours doing a bunch of bar files once fromGoodEReader.
    ...Download on the Playbook, move to the z10, put thePlaybook in developer mode (I think), flash up LocalBar on the z10, push the bar to the Playbook. Try the app on the Playbook. Keep or delete. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat...

You have to get LocalBar onto the z10 in the first place using one of the PC linked sideloading methods, unless you happen to have another Playbook or BB10 device or a friend's device hanging around that already has LocalBar on it, in which case you can use LocalBar to also sideload LocalBar onto another device. Complicated enough? ...and people wonder why folks just want apps to work and as a result move to iPhone or Android.

Posted via CB App for Android on Tab4 (interim Playbook replacement)
    brookie229 likes this.
    10-18-16 08:01 PM
    IGNORE EVERYTHING ELSE> You can side load over wifi using either the Chrome app manager or DDPB. To get the drivers on your Playbook, you'll need to sideload (via wifi) the bar titled PBCD (I believe) and after that you'll be able to connect your Playbook to your PC and it should recognize it.
    10-18-16 08:17 PM
    If you can't get your PC to recognize the Playbook, there is no way to install those bars individually. I use Sachesi now, but I used to use DDPB. Sachesi does NOT require the Playbook to be in Development Mode, which is required by DDPB. You can also install. Bars using the BlackBerry extension addon from a Chrome browser Or also from an addon in the Firefox browser. You will have to search your browser addons (or extensions) for that. This may be your only hope short of restoring the OS in whole using an autoloader.
    I got it to work with ddpb the ip address has changed somehow but when I put in the correct one it connected and I was able to load the bar files! The playbook runs so much faster without all that extra junk!

Posted via CB10
    brookie229 and peregrineay like this.
    10-19-16 10:16 AM
    IGNORE EVERYTHING ELSE> You can side load over wifi using either the Chrome app manager or DDPB. To get the drivers on your Playbook, you'll need to sideload (via wifi) the bar titled PBCD (I believe) and after that you'll be able to connect your Playbook to your PC and it should recognize it.
    I got it to work the regular way! But thanks for helping me bro you always respond to my posts!

Posted via CB10
    peregrineay likes this.
    10-19-16 10:19 AM
    One remaining question. The list of system bar files you posted in the other thread seemed incomplete. Specifically, there should be sys.android and sys.android.shell bars, which you'll need to run android apps. Do you have these bars, and are you able to run android apps (ignore this if you don't want to run android apps)? Also, what are your boot times (should be under two minutes)?
    10-19-16 04:44 PM
    um sys.android is preinstalled.. and undeleteable... lol if you understand.
    10-20-16 11:25 AM
    um sys.android is preinstalled.. .
    That's not true. If you wipe your Playbook and refuse the update (as iixclusive has done), then sys.android is not installed. Sys.android is installed as part of the update, or otherwise must be sideloaded.
    10-20-16 05:38 PM
    well if that's true. good for the battery??
    10-20-16 10:07 PM
39 12