Then why not try Nokia Maps?

Maps.bar

This is just a simple application, it's pulling mapping data from Nokia.com,

I just thought that fixing it up a bit would make it look better on the PlayBook.

Any and all feedback is appreciated
    06-12-12 06:54 PM
    I checked it out. Seems to work OK, but I still prefer Google Maps running in the android player: Smoother, with a better, more responsive UI. Still, nice to have options.

Thanks for the link!

RCK
    06-13-12 02:36 AM
    I checked it out. Seems to work OK, but I still prefer Google Maps running in the android player: Smoother, with a better, more responsive UI. Still, nice to have options.

Thanks for the link!

RCK
    Anytime

I never really did figure out which Google Maps version was the most stable. I had been using 6.2 but it would randomly crash at times
    06-13-12 07:45 AM
    Anytime

I never really did figure out which Google Maps version was the most stable. I had been using 6.2 but it would randomly crash at times
    Version 6.2 has been rock stable under the OS 2.1 beta - all newer versions crash when opening the settings page, so...

Hoping the newly announced "offline" version works better than 6.3+.

RCK
    06-13-12 01:40 PM
    Version 6.2 has been rock stable under the OS 2.1 beta - all newer versions crash when opening the settings page, so...

RCK
    which version of 6.2 are you using? mine crashes quite often.
    06-13-12 01:44 PM
    which version of 6.2 are you using? mine crashes quite often.
    I rolled my own BAR using an apk I downloaded. The about dialog says 6.2.0-ownhereMOD.

Seems quite stable - haven't had a crash yet under 2.1 beta.

What version of the PB OS are you running?

RCK
    06-13-12 03:09 PM

RCK
    Yeah, each time we get a new OS update we got to retry the majority of the Android apps again

I believe every update so far has improved the Android runtime, from OS 2.0 up the the latest Beta 2.1 OS.
    06-13-12 08:47 PM
    we need a decent GPS turn by turn app
    06-14-12 12:18 PM
    As rkennedy said, Google maps is very stable under the beta 2.1 OS. This was/is not true with OS 2.0, where the app would easily crash, especially if you tried to zoom in or out too fast. It's ability to hold a GPS signal seemingly is still an issue, though.
    06-14-12 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD