Can anyone recommend an app (free or otherwise) that will handle various audio urls to stream different radio stations for Playbook?
    I am looking to handle a whole variety of types such as m3u, pls, mp3, asx, aspx, streamtheworld, relector streams, etc. and have not been able to find anything suitable.
    Going through the browser is tedious & frequently causes the stream to stop if you minimize to open another app. Hoping to find one player app that I can throw anything at & it works !

Any suggestions would be most welcomed!
    11-04-12 12:16 PM
    Nobex in Appworld
    11-04-12 12:35 PM
    Neutron music player will allow you to do this and much more, it's worth every penny.
    bdegrande likes this.
    11-04-12 06:26 PM
    Neutron works great! Just try it

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    11-04-12 10:42 PM
    Hello CalgaryDave,

I assume you are from calgary . Here is my Calgary radio app >> Buy Calgary Radio by techfruits.com - Download Calgary Radio by techfruits.com - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

Other locations can be found here >>http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...rowing-731850/

Thanks!
    11-04-12 10:53 PM
    After extensive research and tests a few months ago, I found that:

- None of the Android apps promising this function work. At best, they allow to type urls 1 by 1, without copy & paste. Tedious, and not all forms of links works.

- For free, the only system that works relatively well is to register to TuneIn website, then have a shortcut for it. I use the free Simple Browser with start page on TuneIn to have your radios separated from your main browser. Works, but uses around 100 MB RAM (from memory).

- Then found Neutron, the only one that works really as on a computer. I exported my radios playlist as .m3u from my PC media player, and pointed Neutron to it : everything works quite reliably here. And just around 30 MB RAM.

- If you prefer Shoutcast, WinAmp sideloaded (from goodereader website) works very well for that. I don't use it because I want some radios that are not in Shoutcast, but it works well for the hours I've tested it.

So, TuneIn website in alt. browser, sideloaded WinAmp for Shoutcast, or Neutron (not free) for a real simple and light PC experience.

Hope that helps, and looking forward to read other experiences. Enjoy!
    bdegrande and LeprechaunHR like this.
    11-05-12 06:51 AM
    Thanks for all the responses, they were very helpful! Just to help anyone else who is actually looking for the same thing, here are my findings:

- Nobex Radio is extremely limited in station selection & those which are available in their predefined list are sometimes not even working. That combined with the fact you cannot manually enter in URL's of your own, does not really make it suitable option for myself.

- The TuneIn app is probably the closest to what I was looking for however there is not one which works with Playbook (even if you try to sideload), so the only option there is listening via a second browser instance. A workable solution but not ideal.

After reading the very excellent & thorough review by playbookpa above, it looks like he went through everything I have experienced and found a solution which is the Neutron player.

I downloaded this app and it is definitely the one I want. It will stream almost every media type I had required (with exception of aspx & relector streams, which isn't a big loss as they are not overly common) as well as all other audio on my Playbook. The GUI is very user friendly & simple to navigate, the support is excellent and overall it has great sound quality.

My final verdict is to recommend the Neutron player to anyone wanting to stream their radio urls or listen to music on the Playbook.

Special thanks to playbookpa for his help!
    11-07-12 07:04 PM