My question was for those asking
    "Hello i would like to know why the playbook has not received an app that ALL other non-canadian tablets have? Why has support of the playbook not received any attention from you guys?"

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Skype Customer Service.

We understand that you wish to download Skype on your Blackberry Playbook. We are glad to clarify this point to you.

Kindly note that the reason that we did not create an application for Blackberry is not because that it is Canadian.

We appreciate your feedback and will definitely look into it.

However, implementing changes and creating new features can take time, which means that the suggestions you make today might not be available in the near future.

Please be patient while we work to make Skype even better.

Should you need more assistance, feel free to contact us again.

Best regards,

Skype Customer Service

Canadian really????!!?!?
    Last edited by mchahine91; 01-25-12 at 05:11 PM.
    01-25-12 02:13 PM
    Could this be the answer as to why pb isn't getting many of the apps that we want/need? Seems legit to me.
    01-25-12 02:17 PM
    Well I can't exactly blame Skype, I see their point. We Canadians did give the world Justin Bieber and Celine Dion.
    ccdawg, raymond, Altarocks and 6 others like this.
    01-25-12 02:18 PM
    Well I can't exactly blame Skype, I see their point. We Canadians did give the world Justin Bieber and Celine Dion.
    And Tom Green. Thanks.
    Pacmanuk likes this.
    01-25-12 02:19 PM
    Maybe its prejudice because Canada produces some of the best hockey teams.

I honestly don't know whats up with that response, other than maybe they have been accused of it.
    01-25-12 02:24 PM
    better if you post your inquiry too so we can see if this answer is just...
    gschep likes this.
    01-25-12 02:25 PM
    I might be crazy but I think there is a double negative in there:

Kindly note that the reason that we did not create an application for Blackberry is not because that it is Canadian.

Seems like a poorly worded sentence. The jist of it is:

We didn't decline to create a BlackBerry app because it is Canadian

Which leads me to believe that the OP mentioned being Canadian as a reason for why Skype was not producing an app for BlackBerry and that sentence was them trying to say that it had no bearing on their decision.
    01-25-12 02:48 PM
    I might be crazy but I think there is a double negative in there:
    If reading comprehension = crazy, then call me crazy too...

rif dot org
    zethaaron and Rob Robertson like this.
    01-25-12 02:50 PM
    No wonder Skype is for video communication. Clearly, written communication is not their forte.
    01-25-12 03:06 PM
    Maybe they have a Skype app chambered and ready to fire with the PlayBook 2.0 release and are under an NDA to not comment on that release. You will know in a couple of weeks.
    01-25-12 03:17 PM
    Blame Canada
    Altarocks likes this.
    01-25-12 03:56 PM
    That laugh hurt!! But giving the world Rush more than cancells them out
    01-25-12 04:40 PM
    That laugh hurt!! But giving the world Rush more than cancells them out
    Ya but I forgot about Nickleback, so we're still in the dumps.
    01-25-12 04:43 PM
    LOL. I think the Skype guy in-tunded to say
    ".. we have no reason to make the Skype app just because the PB is a Canadian made product"
    01-25-12 06:11 PM
    We should have exterminated them when we had the chance...
    01-25-12 06:15 PM
    I love the people of Canada. Thank you for Rush, Moosehead beer, the Toronto Maple leafs, and of course RIM. If you take Justin Beaver or what ever his name is back, we, the people of the United States will fix the Skype issue and our friends in the north will have their app.
    01-25-12 06:18 PM
    Hi, I am organizing a mass email campaign, that on February 1st, we will all email the Skype CEO and the Skype Vice President, with the subject line "Skype for the Blackberry Playbook". Here is the link to the thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...itment-691875/

Please leave your negativity at the door. Post on the thread if you intend to take part, and feel free to read the longer explanation and use the basic email provided rather than composing your own, if that is easier for you. Only post if you're with us, we do not need any posts telling us it is a moronic endeavor.

Please know that I am not attempting to spam, but only posting on threads where it seems appropriate, and like the users monitoring said thread may be interested.
    O-Cilfa and Pacmanuk like this.
    01-25-12 09:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD