thanks!

yay4ota
    11-05-11 01:33 PM
    I downloaded a apk app,
    using a VNC client, transferred it on PC,
    using a VNC client, transformed and signed the .bar version,
    transferred again on PB,
    and, finally, using LocalBar, installed on PB!
    Simply, Great !
    11-05-11 02:23 PM
    Nice app! thanks much!
    11-05-11 03:07 PM
    Nice!
    Thanks for setting it up so we have a functionality that should be built in!
    11-05-11 04:54 PM
    Sorry if I sound stupid here. But I am not a tech geek. So I understand that I can install the .BAR files using this app. I also understand that I can run this on the official OS currently available. Does it mean that if I download .BAR files which were converted from .APK and install them, they will work? That means you do not need the Android player right??
    CrackMachine likes this.
    11-05-11 06:07 PM
    Sorry if I sound stupid here. But I am not a tech geek. So I understand that I can install the .BAR files using this app. I also understand that I can run this on the official OS currently available. Does it mean that if I download .BAR files which were converted from .APK and install them, they will work? That means you do not need the Android player right??

No, you would need OS2 beta to run the converted .apk's but you can use this to sideload PB apps on 1.7...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    bengalt9 likes this.
    11-05-11 06:13 PM
    Perfect timing. I have finally had some time to play with the droid loader today. Thanks tinyhack!! This works perfectly.
    11-05-11 06:15 PM
    I'm getting failed installs on the converted BAR's, saying MANIFEST.MF not in archive. These are ones that are supposed to be confirmed working too.
    I've used this to install KermEd's browser however no problem... any ideas?

EDIT: don't worry I worked it out... thanks.
    Last edited by DD1968; 11-05-11 at 06:24 PM.
    11-05-11 06:17 PM
    Great work dude, cant wait for my PlayBook to get here next week to try this out!
    11-05-11 07:12 PM
    Great app. Thanks.

Sent from my Blackberry Playbook via Tapatalk
    11-05-11 07:14 PM
    Great work, get error Device not in Development Mode. Switch to Development mode in security.
    Playbook was in development mode but when I checked all bar files installed so don't know why I get the error?
    11-05-11 08:14 PM
    Would be very appreciative if someone could explain how to sideload. I have followed the instructions as accurately as possible and nothing appears to happen over ddpb preventing me from installing LocalBar. Any tips?
    11-05-11 08:28 PM
    Great work, get error Device not in Development Mode. Switch to Development mode in security.
    Playbook was in development mode but when I checked all bar files installed so don't know why I get the error?
    I am just passing along the message that I got from the internal installer service. To get rid of the message when it happens, sometimes you need to exit LocalBar, disable then enable again development mode, then relaunch LocalBar.
    balding1 likes this.
    11-05-11 08:40 PM
    Yohan, when downloading the file, what really saves on my HD is a .zip file. Unziping the file results in two directories "META-INF" and "native". Is no .bar file in any of these directories. What am I doing wrong?
    11-05-11 09:08 PM
    Yohan, when downloading the file, what really saves on my HD is a .zip file. Unziping the file results in two directories "META-INF" and "native". Is no .bar file in any of these directories. What am I doing wrong?
    You should rename the .zip file to .bar
    albadea likes this.
    11-05-11 09:12 PM
    This is all so exciting, i am a noob to all of this, but i will give it a try.
    11-05-11 10:52 PM
    Was hoping someone would make something like this, thanks!

Suggestion:
    Maybe an option to point to a .bar file online and have it download and install it
    Not sure if its possible, but would be awesome if it is
    Last edited by lyricidal; 11-05-11 at 11:42 PM.
    11-05-11 11:25 PM
    great work and thanks for the contribution.
    11-05-11 11:40 PM
    You are amazing! This type of wonderful tool doesn't require a fancy UI, so thank you very much for this!
    11-06-11 10:38 AM
    what is the best os2 or os 1.7?
    CrackMachine likes this.
    11-06-11 12:04 PM
    thanks you very much. now i dont have to turn my windows computer on any more
    11-06-11 12:29 PM
    thanks you very much. now i dont have to turn my windows computer on any more
    I second that lol, this is an excellent app, thanks very much to the person who put it up!
    11-06-11 12:36 PM
    Hello, I have a problem.
    Every time I side load a converted android app (.apks to .bars using this app) that has been marked TESTED AND WORKING in a thread, and try to open it, it just does nothing. please help :S I see the icon, it works but the app itself doesn't.
    11-06-11 03:12 PM
    Hello, I have a problem.
    Every time I side load a converted android app (.apks to .bars using this app) that has been marked TESTED AND WORKING in a thread, and try to open it, it just does nothing. please help :S I see the icon, it works but the app itself doesn't.
    Are you on OS 2.0?
    11-06-11 04:03 PM
    Now if only that Spreadsheet if bars were easier to navigate on the PB. I can't scroll on that at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-11 05:24 PM
87 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD