Hey guys.

If your a poker player like me, and played a few house tourneys, whether social, league or pro, you will know every tournament blinds and times are different.

I've created and upload a Live Poker Clock for "Live" tournaments. The reason I created this App is easy. We have too many guys asking constantly...."When is the next break?","What are the next blinds?". With this app the "house" can set their blinds, breaks and intervals before hand, and then can be displayed for every player. Also there is a loud alarm when time is up on the current blind or break.

Please note, Blackberry Playbook only

Click here to go to App World

Any comments or suggestions welcome
    10-18-11 01:49 AM
    My suggestion is to make the two most imporant pieces of information -- clock for current level and current blind -- the biggest and easiest to see. Next break and next blind aren't as important and don't need to be the same font size.

IMO
    10-18-11 09:30 AM
    Cool idea for an app. I'll definitely pick it up when I get home from work tonight.

I agree with Foppa's suggestion of making the current time and current blind the biggest. It would also be nice if you could make some different options for the color scheme (background and font). Good job though.
    10-18-11 09:43 AM
    Mimic the simplicity and customization of the Tournament Director software's look/feel, and you've got yourself a $5 app...
    LaFlamaBlanca likes this.
    10-18-11 10:10 AM
    Mimic the simplicity and customization of the Tournament Director software's look/feel, and you've got yourself a $5 app...
    Agreed. Tournament Director is what I use for my league. A basic clock is fine for single-table home games, but I won't be able to give up the features TD offers (player seating/movement, prize pools, etc).

For those running TD, I've had great successing running a VNC client on my laptop and using my playbook to control the tournament.
    10-18-11 01:16 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions and ideas guys. Ill definitely look at Tournament Director and see what improvements I can make.
    10-19-11 02:03 AM
    Something else I was thinking about...if you added a split screen layout option, so the screen was split in half and displayed the timer/rounds info in a 'mirrored' effect, I could then create a table with a 'mount' for the PlayBook in the middle so the screen was flush with the table surface...the clock/rounds would then be right there in the middle of the table for everyone to see, and the action could/would just play around/on top of it...how slick would that be!?!?!

And when you're done, just pop the PB out, and go about your business...
    10-19-11 09:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD