I am considering buying a Playbook, but I want to see the selection of apps designed for the Playbook before I commit. I went to blackberry.com and followed the Tablet link. I then saw a reference to the "fantastic apps" available for Playbook, but none were listed. The next link took me to AppWorld, but I don't see how to view only those apps designed for Playbook. Can somebody guide me to a list of the designed for Playbook? Thank you in advance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-11 06:10 PM
    I am considering buying a Playbook, but I want to see the selection of apps designed for the Playbook before I commit. I went to blackberry.com and followed the Tablet link. I then saw a reference to the "fantastic apps" available for Playbook, but none were listed. The next link took me to AppWorld, but I don't see how to view only those apps designed for Playbook. Can somebody guide me to a list of the designed for Playbook? Thank you in advance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    see my sig below
    04-25-11 06:35 PM
    see my sig below
    Well that was a completely useless post.

I, too, would appreciate a list.
    04-25-11 06:53 PM
    It would be nice if RIM where to update the App World Web Store so you can sort by 'PlayBook Apps' & 'Smartphone App' & 'Both' maybe under smartphone you could just select your deivce, whatever, it just need to be improved in that area. Putting together a list of all apps is impossible, as there are a lot, and more are always being added. But if no one else has I will put up a list of selected apps for the PlayBook, so as many as I can that look like they might be useful for people trying to download (I think that's what you were looking for) so you can get an idea of what is on there.
    04-25-11 07:13 PM
    I'm really puzzled-- so there is no way to just browse apps for the Playbook and see which ones I might like or want? That just seems insane. How am I suppose to explore and learn about new Playbook apps? I'm interested in financial apps-- Bloomberg in particular. It doesn't appear that Bloomberg makes its app for Playbook; so how do I know what my choices are??
    04-25-11 08:18 PM
    It does seem a bit odd I agree, Of course once on the PlayBook you can see all the apps just for the PlayBook via the App World so I would suggest that you pop down to a store that sells them, have a play with it and at the same time look in the App World, that way you can see what it is like to use as well.

I'm sure updating the web store is on RIMs list.
    04-25-11 08:40 PM
    not sure where there is a list but here are screen caps of the business tools section. let me know if there are other categories you'd like to peruse.

keep in mind that new apps are added every day, but that so far, the selection is really weak IMHO. there might not be any fart apps, but how many tic tac toes does an app store really need?
    04-26-11 06:31 AM
    and the other four categories in business tools:

- data collection
    - real estates
    - sales and service
    - time tracking
    04-26-11 06:39 AM
    It appears on the web version of App world you can filter just PB - only if you have the device listed under your profile. But you have to have the device which I know doesn't help the OP. Given that theres additions constantly, I'm not sure there is a static list anywhere else. Not sure theres a listing available without that.
    04-26-11 09:38 AM
    If you log into the site and under my devise the Playbook is not a option.
    04-26-11 12:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD