They were warned... numerous amounts of time. But you have to remember some of the developers aren't exactly.. umm.. top notch. They already got their free PlayBook. :/

Not saying that is the case for all the apps listed here -- but realistically, some apps that are out there will likely never work again. Although, we're likely better off anyway -- IMO a good way to weed out the junk.
    Hmmm, I understand what you are saying but I certainly hope that this doesn't extend to the Canadian newspaper apps such as The Province, Vancouver Sun, National Post, etc - these were beautiful apps that worked well and looked good. I am somewhat suprised, however, that they were not updated before the new OS roll out given that they came from a more reputable company - not just a "fly by night programmer". Hopefully updates will occur within the next few days or weeks for these apps to get reworked.
    06-08-11 12:34 AM
    They were warned... numerous amounts of time. But you have to remember some of the developers aren't exactly.. umm.. top notch. They already got their free PlayBook. :/

Not saying that is the case for all the apps listed here -- but realistically, some apps that are out there will likely never work again. Although, we're likely better off anyway -- IMO a good way to weed out the junk.
    I think you are right - I have written to a few developers about their apps at the contact/support address in appworld and have not heard back. I presume that they did create a fast app for a free pb and disappeared into the night.
    06-08-11 07:49 AM
    Can anyone one else confirm this for me, I went to pull up the Visual Law Federal Rules app and not only will it not work but now I can not seem to even find it in App World. If anyone can just check to see if it is available I would greatly appreciate it!
    You're correct, it's no longer in AppWorld. It was on my shortlist to download this week, but its no longer available.
    levinej likes this.
    06-08-11 08:11 AM
    Can anyone one else confirm this for me, I went to pull up the Visual Law Federal Rules app and not only will it not work but now I can not seem to even find it in App World. If anyone can just check to see if it is available I would greatly appreciate it!

I can confirm this also. I did have it, but then deleted it quite a bit ago. After reading your post I went into My World, under the uninstalled section I could find it, when I go to select it I all of a sudden can't connect to the App World server. Except, clicking on any other app loads it so I can reinstall it fine.
    levinej likes this.
    06-08-11 08:17 AM
    I really REALLY miss iGizmo.
    06-08-11 08:45 AM
    Montreal Gazette also doesn't work - basically I'm pretty sure someone created all those news apps thru WebWorks in bulk and released them and now didn't care to update them even though Kirkup sent out a direct e-mail to all developers telling them they need to re-sign and re-submit their apps to App World in time for this update using the proper SDK or they wouldn't work.

Some people...
    06-08-11 08:49 AM
    strange one .. Bed Buzz.. its working but now it is talking over itself, announces good morning message and time/date at the same time, weather announcement is just fine.

My app world and BBM are working again after a wipe and complete re-install of OS
    06-08-11 08:52 AM
    Same for me. I also cannot find it in app world anymore. >(
    levinej likes this.
    06-08-11 09:21 AM
    I think we now know why this update took so long.
    06-08-11 09:35 AM
    add the Calgary Herald app to the list, not loading for me
    06-08-11 09:59 AM
    I'm surprised the Readers Digest app doesn't work as well -hangs at the Blackberry logo - given the obvious quality and time that was placed into making this app. I hope Readers Digest updates their app and comes out with new magazines on it (gladly purchase it) as it was quite well done.
    06-08-11 10:27 AM
    RIM emailed everyone (well, i know alot they emailed, might not be everyone) whose apps were compiled using the non final product saying to update them, so they already have been told.
    06-08-11 11:01 AM
    WiFi connection revealed an app update for Huffington Post last night but Miso and Webmaster's Wallet were No-Shows I'm a little upset over Webmaster's Wallet not being on their "A" game....they store passwords for heaven's sake!! #le sigh
    06-08-11 02:34 PM
    Seems Tweedless isn't working after the update. Anyone else having an issue?
    06-08-11 03:15 PM
    strange one .. Bed Buzz.. its working but now it is talking over itself, announces good morning message and time/date at the same time, weather announcement is just fine.

My app world and BBM are working again after a wipe and complete re-install of OS
    Funny... my time and date are working fine, but the weather stops after saying "Currently the weather is..." then nothing. I have the same zip code entered as before when it was working originally.

Bed-Buzz did send an update from AppWorld after the OS update, but I don't know if the problem started after the OS update, or after the app update.

I have emailed the developer to see if they have a fix.

Edited to add: The developer replied back that his workaround to fix the talk-over issue resulted in the weather not working. He has submitted a fix to AppWorld that is awaiting approval. Very quick response!
    Last edited by InnerChild; 06-11-11 at 11:59 AM.
    06-11-11 08:55 AM
    Everyone should check the apps that have been posted/discussed already. Some of my apps are now working with the newest new update (The one that came out tonight). The Province, The Vancouver Sun, The Gazette, and the National Post now work. There were no separate updates for these apps - but with the new OS, they now work.

Edit: Readers Digest now works.
    Last edited by Darlaten; 06-11-11 at 11:30 PM.
    06-11-11 11:17 PM
    Could confirm that here.

Gazette has some error popups, but loaded anyway. Other than that, it seems to be working properly.
    06-12-11 05:48 AM
    Seems Tweedless isn't working after the update. Anyone else having an issue?
    Tweedless is fine for me. So far all apps working. Off to check more.
    06-12-11 08:41 AM
    I did a security wipe the other day and after doing that Tweedless has been working fine.

National Post app is also working fine after the latest update to .2342
    06-12-11 09:38 AM
    sadly this is typical RIM, break stuff one update while they fix others and then fix what the broke before. I was really hoping this type of stuff would change. i am glad it was fixed quickly atleast
    06-12-11 01:39 PM
    iGizmo now works again. i think all the news/magazine apps work again, must have something to do with Adobe.
    06-12-11 09:16 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD