Please list the Android apps that use the cameras, for photo and video, and now work under the Playbook.

Vignette, Say Cheese, and Barcode Scanner.....
    10-03-12 01:54 PM
    I am interested in knowing this as well. Hopefully people report their findings.
    10-03-12 04:51 PM
    Here are two native camera apps that i've just released today for OS2.1

Silent Camera is a native PlayBook� application that let you take pictures and save it without the shutter sound. Take picture at full camera resolution and not just screen shot.

Download Silent Camera for BlackBerry PlayBook - Apps from BlackBerry App World

Camera Burst is a native BlackBerry� PlayBook� application that lets you take multiple pictures at once. You can take 3, 5, 10 or 15 pictures in a single shot.

Download Camera Burst for BlackBerry PlayBook - Apps from BlackBerry App World

Both applications requires BlackBerry PlayBook OS2.1 and higher.
    10-03-12 05:07 PM
    Here are two native camera apps that i've just released today for OS2.1

Silent Camera is a native PlayBook™ application that let you take pictures and save it without the shutter sound. Take picture at full camera resolution and not just screen shot.

Download Silent Camera for BlackBerry PlayBook - Apps from BlackBerry App World

Camera Burst is a native BlackBerry� PlayBook™ application that lets you take multiple pictures at once. You can take 3, 5, 10 or 15 pictures in a single shot.

Download Camera Burst for BlackBerry PlayBook - Apps from BlackBerry App World

Both applications requires BlackBerry PlayBook OS2.1 and higher.
    Thanks for the info, but one would assume that these apps already work out of the chute. The issue is which Android apps, that use a camera, will work now on the new release of the Playbook's OS.
    10-03-12 05:28 PM
    10-03-12 06:19 PM
    That seems to be a dead thread.
    10-03-12 08:31 PM
    It's not dead, it's just old. Anyhow, the subject is the same except that it relates to the original beta release rather that today's official release, and the posts there should all relate to the official release. It was easier to link to it than it was to repeat everything stated in the thread.
    10-03-12 09:59 PM
    It's not dead, it's just old. Anyhow, the subject is the same except that it relates to the original beta release rather that today's official release, and the posts there should all relate to the official release. It was easier to link to it than it was to repeat everything stated in the thread.
    That is related to the beta, this is different. This is the final product and what may have worked or not worked under the beta is also a different matter as well. The beta is now irrelevant as it should be.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-04-12 07:19 AM
    That is related to the beta, this is different. This is the final product and what may have worked or not worked under the beta is also a different matter as well. The beta is now irrelevant as it should be.
    That's your opinion. But my experience is that what worked on the beta, now works on the official, and that what didn't work on the beta, also doesn't work on the official. I have no knowledge of or reason to believe that there is any difference between the beta and official android players.
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-04-12 03:36 PM
    Things can drastically change between betas. Your old thread is still irrelevant. Live with it instead of trying to do that to this thread.
    10-05-12 07:28 AM
    Things can drastically change between betas. Your old thread is still irrelevant. Live with it instead of trying to do that to this thread.
    You realize it is called a developer beta right? The reason RIM releases it so devs can test their apps on the new OS before the new OS is released to the public.There wouldn't be much point to the beta if apps that worked didn't anymore.
    pacoman03 likes this.
    10-05-12 09:34 AM
    You realize it is called a developer beta right? The reason RIM releases it so devs can test their apps on the new OS before the new OS is released to the public.There wouldn't be much point to the beta if apps that worked didn't anymore.
    Irrelevant. The final is what matters now. You're just being petty.
    10-05-12 11:22 AM
    Irrelevant. The final is what matters now. You're just being petty.
    Who really is being petty? While you make think the thread is irrelevant, then you're free not to click on the link. Others, however, may think it's very relevant, and they're free to see what's in there. As I noted earlier, I only linked to it because it was easier to do so rather than repeating everything that's in there. And, for what it's worth, I'm thinking about reviving that thread because I have a couple of apps to add to it that I won't mention here. And I say that because one app relates particularly to a couple of posts there and the other, while it worked in the beta, I haven't tried it on the official and thus it's "irrelevant" to this thread.
    10-05-12 12:01 PM
    Men and their Toys. I love being a man....man man man man manly man man man.........
    10-05-12 01:01 PM
    i Got and tested all this apps are working :
    -Agingbooth
    -Baldbooth
    -Fatbooth
    -Mixbooth
    10-05-12 01:17 PM
    i Got and tested all this apps are working :
    -Agingbooth
    -Baldbooth
    -Fatbooth
    -Mixbooth
    Thank you for sticking to the thread at hand instead of focusing on the irrelevant. Some others on here need to get a life.
    10-05-12 07:52 PM
    I can't seem to get docscanner to work. Some obscure message about Corners???
    10-06-12 01:29 PM
    Thank you for sticking to the thread at hand instead of focusing on the irrelevant. Some others on here need to get a life.
    man, instead of being rude, how about you contribute your own experiences rather than rely on everyone else? have you tried any of these "irrelevancies"?
    10-07-12 03:15 AM
    man, instead of being rude, how about you contribute your own experiences rather than rely on everyone else? have you tried any of these "irrelevancies"?
    I didn't use the beta versions. That was an earlier stage which was irrelevant to the majority of Playbook users since they didn't use the betas either. I'm using the current FINAL stage which is now relevant. Are you still using the beta versions or have you moved on to the final version like just about everyone else has?

Why do some others have to be such thick A-Holes?
    Last edited by sjc1963; 10-07-12 at 08:02 AM.
    10-07-12 07:23 AM
    I just found out that dooblou's "Secret LiveStream" now works on the Playbook....
    10-07-12 09:25 AM
    any panorama-photo app?
    10-07-12 10:30 AM
    I didn't use the beta versions. That was an earlier stage which was irrelevant to the majority of Playbook users since they didn't use the betas either. I'm using the current FINAL stage which is now relevant. Are you still using the beta versions or have you moved on to the final version like just about everyone else has?

Why do some others have to be such thick A-Holes?
    Easy, guy.

All he was saying was the Android player in the dev beta is the same as the one in the official release. It's common sense that it would be.

Call it irrelevant if you please, but that thread may still be helpful to some people.
    10-07-12 11:09 AM
    any panorama-photo app?
    also would love to know

R.S.B
    10-07-12 12:06 PM
    Easy, guy.

All he was saying was the Android player in the dev beta is the same as the one in the official release. It's common sense that it would be.

Call it irrelevant if you please, but that thread may still be helpful to some people.
    A very few to the point of obsolescence.

This thread is about the final released version of the OS and what Android Camera apps will work on it. If they want to stay in the past then they should keep it there, not here.
    10-07-12 01:36 PM
    "sometimes it's hard, to kick against the pricks". enjoy your thread, master and commander.
    10-07-12 01:46 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD