It's been a while - the new version is almost ready but since I coded a lot of optimizations for OS2 I decided to release it after OS2 goes public to save me coding separate version for 1.x stream. Thanks for your patience.
    01-11-12 08:28 PM
    in the next release, can you make notes and projects linkable to other files... like .pdf, .doc, .xls or .jpg etc.

something that can be opened from within the software. i'd definitely pay for the upgrade for that.
    02-02-12 01:00 AM
    in the next release, can you make notes and projects linkable to other files... like .pdf, .doc, .xls or .jpg etc.

something that can be opened from within the software. i'd definitely pay for the upgrade for that.
    Thanks for your feedback. Ability to attach to notes links to web sites and files is a top requested feature and will be added in one of the upcoming releases. The same is ability to add photos / images and attach to note.

In the meantime new release 1.2.x will be hitting AppWorld over the next few days.
    02-02-12 06:43 PM
    what's changing in v 1.2?
    02-04-12 11:49 PM
    what's changing in v 1.2?
    Here are release notes for 1.2.110. It was submitted to AppWorld last night - takes couple of days for RIM to approve before it will start appearing on the devices...

New and changed functionality
    - Edit screen now supports typing in portrait mode
    - Size of edit window text is now saved, can be changed in Config
    - Redesigned help screens
    - Redesigned configuration screens

Bug fixes
    - Fixed problem where sometimes clicking on N/P/C button would not work
    - Other minor bug and performance fixes
    02-05-12 05:43 PM
    I have just released a small update 1.3.111 which includes feature to export note to a text file. Simply swipe down to bring application menu and select Export button. You will be asked for file name (uses note's title as a default file name). Confirm file name and hit Save. The note will be placed in your Documents folder. You can use Files & Folders or any other file manager to open the file.
    Enjoy!

Buy LinkNote - Download LinkNote - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World
    02-17-12 12:26 AM
    Latest version 1.3.111 is now available in AppWorld!
    02-21-12 05:36 PM
    I downloaded the update and note text export is good but when I open the text file on my Windows PC it appears all line breaks are lost. It opens fine on my PB though.
    02-24-12 10:52 AM
    I downloaded the update and note text export is good but when I open the text file on my Windows PC it appears all line breaks are lost. It opens fine on my PB though.
    It appears to be encoding issue, but i you open the file using "Open With / WordPad" it will open just fine.
    03-02-12 07:21 PM
    I just purchased this app as it looked like it had potential from this thread and the screenshot. It certainly does but there seems to be some bugs.

- I enter a title for a note and it also comes up in the note description and vis versa. Something is not working right there.
    - After browsing my notes etc, Projects is selected but notes show in the list beside it. I have to click Notes, and click projects again to see the project list. The 2 items under the Projects tab are actually notes.

See attached image.

Thanks! I like this app as its clean, simple, and decent organization. I was trying to use GroovyNotes but hated the look of it. It looks like a real notebook. I didn't get a tablet to have apps that look like real notebooks lol LinkNote has a nice Playbook related interface.

I actually have 3 projects entered but the project tab on the right only shows one. But I'm thinking now that the note I have selected is linked to one project as indicated on the right tab. Maybe that will take some time to get use to but still not sure what is going on with my first point above.
    Last edited by Sergeant HCR; 05-09-12 at 08:50 AM.
    05-09-12 08:47 AM
    I see whats happening now sort of. I made another new note, entered the note itself, then clicked on title. The note I entered was still showing but Title was selected. I clicked Date and it scrolled to date but I saw it scroll past the Title screen. I clicked Description and it again scrolled past the Title screen. I saved the note, then clicked Edit and could now access the Title screen.
    05-09-12 09:23 AM
    Hi Sergeant HCR,

Thanks for contacting me here! Appreciate it.

LinkNote is a great concept unfortunately the UI is somewhat confusing (this was my first PlayBook project). However once you figure it out and learn how it works its a very powerful tool in organizing your notes. I have a lot of planned for this app but very limited time.

The problem with title is a bug and you are correct you need to save it and re-open to be able to edit it.

Also when you navigate to linked item from another item you will only see original filtered list. You need to tap on category again to get the full list of items. The UI does not inform you of this and should have.

Right now I am bit stuck with this app as i need to rewrite the UI to make it more appealing, but RIM just released new set of tools for BB10 and future PlayBook OS (Cascades) which is probably the new platform in which I will rewrite the app. Once I do that I will fix the UI inefficiencies and will add more features which are planned.

I used the app for my own note taking almost daily and its working quite good for me, just the UI needs figuring out ;-)

Thanks again for your feedback.
    05-09-12 10:33 PM
    Hi Sergeant HCR,

Thanks for contacting me here! Appreciate it.

LinkNote is a great concept unfortunately the UI is somewhat confusing (this was my first PlayBook project). However once you figure it out and learn how it works its a very powerful tool in organizing your notes. I have a lot of planned for this app but very limited time.

The problem with title is a bug and you are correct you need to save it and re-open to be able to edit it.

Also when you navigate to linked item from another item you will only see original filtered list. You need to tap on category again to get the full list of items. The UI does not inform you of this and should have.

Right now I am bit stuck with this app as i need to rewrite the UI to make it more appealing, but RIM just released new set of tools for BB10 and future PlayBook OS (Cascades) which is probably the new platform in which I will rewrite the app. Once I do that I will fix the UI inefficiencies and will add more features which are planned.

I used the app for my own note taking almost daily and its working quite good for me, just the UI needs figuring out ;-)

Thanks again for your feedback.
    Thanks for the reply.

I think the slight deficiencies and 1-2 bugs are not a big deal given this is the type of note-taking app I've been looking for for weeks. I can work around that for now. Like I said I like the clean interface, linking notes to projects or categories, and exporting notes. When you rewrite it please keep those basic concepts in mind!

Thanks!
    05-10-12 07:06 AM
88 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD