I have downloaded overdrive so that I can get and read library books from my local library. I can download the books but when I go to read them the next day the book has disappeared. I emailed overdrive and they told me to reinstall my firmware. Not sure what they are talking about? I reinstalled the app. But that has not made a difference. Anyone else experience this and have advice?
    03-03-12 08:53 AM
    I've been using it with my local library, and so far no problems. I am thinking it may be related to the download your receiving from your library. My library offers a drop down list for borrowing periods. If yours does too, maybe try a different return date and see if that has any effect.
    03-03-12 10:08 AM
    From your bookshelf, the app should open there, check your settings by short drag from top. Then go to Get Books and in your account check the duration of your loans.
    03-03-12 11:13 AM
    Do I need to go to my library? Can I sign up for a library card online?
    03-03-12 11:44 AM
    bradu1 some libraries will allow that, it depends on your local system.
    bradu1 likes this.
    03-03-12 02:17 PM
    I downloaded the book and have even read it. The problem is that the book then disappears after a few hours when I go back into overdrive to continue reading it.
    03-04-12 09:53 AM
    Does it happen only with this one book? Could be a problem with the book, not the app. See what happens with another book. Another thought, is your adobe id set to remember you? Also make sure you haven't exceeded any limits... device or books.
    03-04-12 10:33 AM
    Do I need to go to my library? Can I sign up for a library card online?
    You will need a library card - contact your local library for how to obtain one. You will also need an Adobe ID to download your library selections from your library's web site using Overdrive. Here is a guided tour:
    OverDrive Guided Tour
    Last edited by BuzzStarField; 03-04-12 at 11:28 AM.
    bradu1 likes this.
    03-04-12 11:26 AM
    I have downloaded overdrive so that I can get and read library books from my local library. I can download the books but when I go to read them the next day the book has disappeared. I emailed overdrive and they told me to reinstall my firmware. Not sure what they are talking about? I reinstalled the app. But that has not made a difference. Anyone else experience this and have advice?
    I, too, am having the same problem. See my earlier post at:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...ialize-704956/
    I contacted Overdrive support and was given the same advice as you. I indeed restored my Playbook to factory condition (switch off and connect to BlackBerry Desktop), and obtained a clean reinstallation of OS2 and then a fresh installation of Overdrive. I continue to have the same problem, however. The problem seems to be that Android Runtime appears to 'forget' everything when an icon gets removed from the Runtime dock at the bottom of the screen (caused by a Playbook restart or fairly common Runtime reset). There are similar 'forgetting'/resetting difficulties with many other Android apps also (e.g Kindle, Repligo,...)
    bwestgat likes this.
    03-04-12 01:09 PM
    I, too, am having the same problem. See my earlier post at:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...ialize-704956/
    I contacted Overdrive support and was given the same advice as you. I indeed restored my Playbook to factory condition (switch off and connect to BlackBerry Desktop), and obtained a clean reinstallation of OS2 and then a fresh installation of Overdrive. I continue to have the same problem, however. The problem seems to be that Android Runtime appears to 'forget' everything when an icon gets removed from the Runtime dock at the bottom of the screen (caused by a Playbook restart or fairly common Runtime reset). There are similar 'forgetting'/resetting difficulties with many other Android apps also (e.g Kindle, Repligo,...)
    Thanks for the reply. Glad it is not just me and glad I haven't gone through the headache of installing Os2 again.
    Now if we could just find a solution. One of the biggest needs I had with getting Os2 was to be able to get library books. I really hope there is a solution somewhere.
    You have at least gotten me a description of the problem.
    03-04-12 03:13 PM
    There is definitely something wrong with the android runtime's 'persistent memory' and/or it's ability to write to the pb filesystem... I'm leaning towards the latter after trying repligo and trying to do 'save as'... Save works fine but 'save as' leaves the file unreadable which seems to point to a problem in writing new files in the android runtime to the pb...so when it tries to save a new file (your library, the book, etc in overdrive) it isn't able to... I wonder if someone knows what files it is expecting and maybe we can copy the file from someone with an Android tablet and give it the proper read/write permissions and perhaps that will fix it...
    Anyone have this ability?
    03-04-12 03:58 PM
    I just re-opened Overdrive (it has been NOT opened for a number of days now) and the one and only book I downloaded about a week ago (expires in 9 days) opened fine. I have rebooted the pb a number of times and have had the android player lock up on me was I tried using rock-player over and over. I don't know what this means or proves but that is what I can contribute to the discussion.
    toffeenose likes this.
    03-04-12 07:38 PM
    I've deleted my Overdrive app (download from App World) and sideloaded the bar file from Good e Reader. It is v2.301 rather than v2.4 from App World, but it seems to have more options in the drop down menu. I'm hoping it will solve the re-initialization problems. I had earlier to contact Adobe Support to get additional authorization, since Overdrive had locked me out because of all the unwanted resets / reauthorizations. I'll report back here whether I'm successful or not.
    03-05-12 10:42 AM
    I just re-opened Overdrive (it has been NOT opened for a number of days now) and the one and only book I downloaded about a week ago (expires in 9 days) opened fine. I have rebooted the pb a number of times and have had the android player lock up on me was I tried using rock-player over and over. I don't know what this means or proves but that is what I can contribute to the discussion.
    Are you using the App World version or a side-loaded file?
    03-05-12 10:48 AM
    Are you using the App World version or a side-loaded file?
    Appworld version. I downloaded it as soon as someone mentioned it was available. (my problem was I did not recall any of my log-on stuff for overdrive/adobe - I searched a ton of email to find it in the adobe-on-my-computer info)
    03-05-12 11:01 AM
    OK guys I seem to have fixed the problem on my Playbook.
    It actually got worse before it got better. Overdrive was actually infecting my other Android apps and was not one ING but rather giving me a black screen.
    I finally removed overdrive and it was still infecting my other Android apps (no side loading). So I used the power button and turned off my playbook.
    When I started it again everything was working great. I re-installed overdrive and it now seems to be working fine. When I originally downloaded it, it must have been unstable.
    Thanks for all your help.
    toffeenose likes this.
    03-05-12 08:18 PM
    It appears that the combination of a fresh OS2 install and the sideloaded Overdrive has solved the Overdrive resetting problem and the former cured the Kindle re-registration issue as well. I'm a happy camper now.
    By the way, the fresh OS2 install has also improved the speed of my Playbook in general.
    03-06-12 04:32 PM
    How do you do a reinstall of OS2? When I try to install overdrive from appworld it states can't install to this profile, overdrive support suggested I reinstall

Thanks
    03-06-12 09:15 PM
    How do you do a reinstall of OS2? When I try to install overdrive from appworld it states can't install to this profile, overdrive support suggested I reinstall

Thanks
    Here's the relevant link....

http://crackberry.com/factory-reset-...ricked-devices

It's pretty straightforward.
    03-07-12 06:13 AM
    I have a different issue. When I try to log in to my local library system I get a message thy the card has expired. I can log in using the same card number on the library's web portal.
    03-07-12 08:21 AM
    @JMJ - you need to call your library - that is not a software issue.
    03-07-12 06:18 PM
    The same thing happens to me. Basically it loses all its setup information. It loses my library so I need to search and add my library each time. It happens when I reboot the playbook for sure, but sometimes just by closing the overdrive app and starting it up again. It loses the adobe userid as well so I need to authorize over again. This seems to work for books, but audio books must be setup differently at my library as it is indicating I have done it too many times.
    Last edited by rjrohr; 03-07-12 at 07:04 PM.
    03-07-12 07:02 PM
    I have same problem. Thanks for descriptions as I am now sure that it is actually same issue. I am looking forward to get it solved soon.

Thanks for the reply. Glad it is not just me and glad I haven't gone through the headache of installing Os2 again.
    Now if we could just find a solution. One of the biggest needs I had with getting Os2 was to be able to get library books. I really hope there is a solution somewhere.
    You have at least gotten me a description of the problem.
    03-07-12 09:56 PM
    @JMJ - you need to call your library - that is not a software issue.
    I spent all day trying to force the program to accept my card ID.. I then went back and logged in to the regular library web portal and discovered that yes, in fact, my card expired at the end of February. Man did I feel like a dope!
    susgeek likes this.
    03-08-12 11:15 AM
    Dear Library Partner,

Effective April 10, 2014, the OverDrive Media Console (OMC) mobile app for BlackBerry will no longer be available to download on BlackBerry, BlackBerry 10, and Playbook devices.

BlackBerry users with the app installed prior to April 10 will be able to continue downloading eBooks and audiobooks via OMC. However, no further development or testing will be dedicated to it.

In the past year, OMC for BlackBerry has experienced a steady decline in downloads. Only .3% of all visitors to digital library websites come from a BlackBerry device. After much consideration, OverDrive has decided to remove the app from BlackBerry App World and continue to focus our development efforts on more widely used platforms such as iOS and Android—both of which have more daily downloads than BlackBerry has monthly.

Please take steps to notify your users via email, Facebook, Twitter, and other communication methods. You may repurpose parts of this message as needed.

Should you have any questions, please contact Support via OverDrive Marketplace > Support.

Regards,
    OverDrive's Library Partner Services
    03-26-14 07:29 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD