It seems like there are only one or two new apps each day. Let's see if this is true. 25 Apps are listed under the "Newest" Category. I'll update each day to see how this list changes.

Here are the Newest that are listed today:

1. Gear Wager
    2. Translator for Playbook
    3. Glucose Diary
    4. Stupidity Meter
    5. Mirror HD
    6. All Clear
    7. Oborb
    8. Cold Cash
    9. Virgin Radio
    10. Budget Tracker
    11. MBA Reference
    12. Heart Attack
    13. Dog Reference
    14. Weight Tracker
    15. Marquee Lite
    16. Conversion Calculator
    17. Biggest Loser
    18. Sunset
    19. Random Backgrounds
    20. iGevalt Dreidel
    21. The Land of Me - Songs
    22. Doodle Run
    23. TouchPlay Joker Poker
    24. TouchPlay Jacks
    25. TouchPlay Deuces Wild.
    patpatiar and julianmorales21 like this.
    08-15-11 10:23 AM
    hmm good idea but theres only few new app within a week and all trash
    08-15-11 11:05 AM
    Generally there are about 5 per day, at least when you consider the ones where a developer sort of floods App World with many small variations on a theme... (You can see several such in the above list).

My app Battery Guru stayed on the New list for about 4.5 days, back in the latter half of July.
    08-15-11 11:08 AM
    Today's new Apps: 10

1. Easy LAT/LON
    2. Brain Food
    3. Magic Ball Lite
    4. Blackberry Playbook Retail Content
    5. BCD Carzone game for Blackberry
    6. Lickety Split
    7. Mathiac
    8. Freight Train
    9. Pizza Panic
    10. Bubbler Lite
    08-16-11 06:55 AM
    Um, isn't this why there is a "Newest" tab in App World - so we can already see what the top 25 newest apps are?
    08-16-11 07:05 AM
    The purpose here is to see how many Apps are actually being released.

Assuming the rate of 10 a day hold up, that would mean that there will be 3,650 Apps in a full year.
    08-16-11 08:35 AM
    The purpose here is to see how many Apps are actually being released.

Assuming the rate of 10 a day hold up, that would mean that there will be 3,650 Apps in a full year.
    I think the 10 a day is an overestimation. The rate is closer is between 3 - 4 a day.
    08-16-11 12:07 PM
    Who cares how many apps are released and at what rate - all that matters is if they are useful to the user or not. It's usefulness,and quality, not quantity that matters and it's a tarded way of comparing platforms IMO. I'll take one or two useful apps over a hundred game apps anyday. Give me a useful and complete, reliable good looking and well thought out business app and I will pay up to $100 for it if it will save me that in time and efficiency, instead of a hundred "entertainment" apps at $.99 that you use once and get bored with.
    08-16-11 01:05 PM
    What? No IM+? No aMail? No RIM email or messaging clients either?

Surprise, surprise.
    08-16-11 01:10 PM
    Who cares how many apps are released and at what rate - all that matters is if they are useful to the user or not. It's usefulness,and quality, not quantity that matters and it's a tarded way of comparing platforms IMO. I'll take one or two useful apps over a hundred game apps anyday. Give me a useful and complete, reliable good looking and well thought out business app and I will pay up to $100 for it if it will save me that in time and efficiency, instead of a hundred "entertainment" apps at $.99 that you use once and get bored with.
    it's obvious the maker of this thread and the people who read it are interested.
    just let them be....its not like this thread is personally harming you.

I respect your wishes about a useful app but I like to see quantity and quality.
    08-16-11 08:29 PM
    according to the new app RSS feed: 48.3 per week over the last 30 days. If you add it to your Google Reader you can even get a nice chart...
    08-16-11 08:44 PM
    Lets not keep track. It won't end well.
    08-16-11 08:50 PM
    A couple of new apps that came out today deserve mention - at least too me. Check out Radio105 and Radio MonteCarlo apps that are now available - both are free and have a variety of different radio streams, podcasts, pictures, videos, and chart lists. The descriptions arn't in English but it's easy enough to figure out what they are. Some of the songs are in English though. My favourite is the Radio 105 Miami stream - it plays dance/trance music that you can fine in the Radio 105 app. All in all, these are pretty good apps and work quite well.
    08-16-11 09:09 PM
    Today's New Apps: 9

1. Sports
    2. Radio 105XL
    3. Radio Monte Carlo XL
    4. BP Diary for BB
    5. Weight Watch
    6. Popets
    7. Bubblee
    8. Aquarium
    9. Aquarum HD
    08-17-11 07:00 AM
    Today's new Apps: 7

1. Night Stand
    2. Pregrancy Calculator
    3. Starts and Stripes
    4. Reel Warfare
    5. Wolf Blass Tasting Tutor
    6. Photo Cards - Lightning Edition
    7. Bringmirbio
    08-18-11 07:06 AM
    Today's new Apps: 21 (Higest number so far - Plus a good App: Dead Space!)

1. Egypt Temples
    2. Tap Doctor
    3. My Calendar for BB
    4. Pocket Agile
    5. Shakespeare's Sonnets
    6. Moon phases
    7. BMI Calulator LITE
    8. World Clock
    9. World Clock Lite
    10. Face Status
    11. Egg Rage
    12. Private Eye Pro
    13. Event Countdown
    14. Dead Space
    15. Grid Works
    16. CoverAll
    17. Expense Recorder
    18. Slide Maker
    19. Backgammon
    20. Fingerprint Scan Pro
    21. Perlin Trip
    dave_2611 likes this.
    08-19-11 07:26 AM
    I was thinking that there was a lot of new ones today. I went out for a couple of hours and when I came back there was 15 new apps from when I first checked this morning. Plus it's only 2pm UK so it's still quite early in Canada and USA. Maybe more released today?
    08-19-11 09:00 AM
    I find this thread extremely useful because i might miss of few days of checking to see what new apps there are, one good might slip through my sights and i miss out on it. At least now i can come to this thread and see if i missed any new apps that i might be wanna get. So i thank the OP for taking the time to put new apps here in this list. Dont be too hard on em. He's still helping out the community. At least hes not ranting about how we don't have this or that app on the playbook. Or would you prefer he was?
    BravoZuluDelta likes this.
    08-19-11 10:13 PM
    It also helps to show the average CB user that some developers are still interested in the playbook. Maybe not the huge ones we all want and expect, but at least some developers are still willing to help and try make the playbook a better experience even if it is just a crap app. One mans garbage is another mans treasure.
    08-19-11 10:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD