anyone brought the app yet? how does it play?

Buy Let's Golf 2 HD - Download Let's Golf 2 HD - Buy Games from BlackBerry App World
    10-06-11 02:55 PM
    Finally! I've been waiting for Gameloft games (and in particular Let's Golf) for the PlayBook since day 1! Definite buy for me when I get home.
    10-06-11 03:03 PM
    Finally! I've been waiting for Gameloft games (and in particular Let's Golf) for the PlayBook since day 1! Definite buy for me when I get home.
    hope they release more games. they have alot of tittles for the smartphone and hope they are better on the PB!
    10-06-11 03:05 PM
    hope they release more games. they have alot of tittles for the smartphone and hope they are better on the PB!
    The game I miss the most from my iPad (gave away when I got my PB) is GT Racing. It's the closest to getting Gran Turismo on a tablet.

What is encouraging is that games written with the NDK are finally showing up. It should only get better from here on!
    10-06-11 03:15 PM
    Any reviews of this game on the PB?
    10-06-11 03:30 PM
    The game I miss the most from my iPad (gave away when I got my PB) is GT Racing. It's the closest to getting Gran Turismo on a tablet.

What is encouraging is that games written with the NDK are finally showing up. It should only get better from here on!
    Looking forward to more NDK games. Getting bored of all the Flash games but they are still cool which iPad still can't play.

Got 3 PBs so i'm ready for some cool NDK games.
    10-06-11 03:31 PM
    $7!!! That better be one **** of a golf game. Anyone try it yet?
    10-06-11 04:12 PM
    $7!!! That better be one **** of a golf game. Anyone try it yet?
    Lets Golf 3 is free on iOS.
    10-06-11 04:32 PM
    Lets Golf 3 is free on iOS.
    It's a freemium game, so not really "free" given that you need to pay for stuff to make full use of the game....
    10-06-11 04:42 PM
    I'm in my class, but you beat me to posting it... Anyways, it looks good, and I'll propably get it. Although hearing its free in another OS dose burn.
    EDIT: I don't think I will get it after all. Knowing there's a 3rd version of the game, prevents me from wanting this one. Mainly because I'm running out of memory.
    Last edited by Venichie; 10-06-11 at 05:15 PM.
    10-06-11 05:08 PM
    I downloaded it and it is very nice. Great graphics play is smooth. To me it's worth the money.
    10-06-11 05:15 PM
    I downloaded it and it is very nice. Great graphics play is smooth. To me it's worth the money.
    +1 great game
    10-06-11 06:01 PM
    They make good games. great to see them come to BB.
    10-06-11 06:24 PM
    Its by GameLoft - yes it's good. Actually, I am dropped my Playbook when I saw that there was something by a one of the major developers released for the Playbook. Bought it on the spot although I dont like Golf games in the hopes that Gameloft brings out more for the Playbook! This is incredible news as I honestly didnt expect to see Gameloft support the Playbook at at all.
    10-06-11 06:36 PM
    Alright, y'all have convinced me. Downloading now. 192 MB--wow!
    10-06-11 06:47 PM
    Let's Golf is awesome. I think it was $1.99 or free on Android with free upgrades. Fun game, great graphics! Recommend.
    10-06-11 06:53 PM
    Bought the game and I'm impressed. Definitely has a nice polished look to it and really shows off the graphics capabilities of the Playbook. $6.99 is a fair price for it. Besides, I've collectively spent more for other apps that don't come close to this one. During the install, it seemed to freeze at 6% for a few minutes and I thought there was a problem. I waited and it eventually continued. Looking forward to more Gameloft releases.
    10-06-11 07:46 PM
    I'm in my class, but you beat me to posting it... Anyways, it looks good, and I'll propably get it. Although hearing its free in another OS dose burn.
    EDIT: I don't think I will get it after all. Knowing there's a 3rd version of the game, prevents me from wanting this one. Mainly because I'm running out of memory.
    hehe... PB apps gets really big. You need upgrade to 64gig.

We need Street Fighters and Mortal Combats on the PB!!!
    Last edited by Smiley88; 10-06-11 at 08:02 PM.
    10-06-11 07:59 PM
    Already seeing Tweets about the game. I've also wrote to Gameloft thanking them for bringing something to our platform.
    10-06-11 08:45 PM
    just downloaded this, seems pretty good so far just have to straighten out my drives now lol
    great game
    10-06-11 10:14 PM
    hehe... PB apps gets really big. You need upgrade to 64gig.

We need Street Fighters and Mortal Combats on the PB!!!
    Lol, I have 64GB on my Playbook. Unfortunately I'm running out of space on both the 64GB & 1GB of RAM.
    ... I'm trying to save memory for DevCon and certain apps/games I want & need.

Now I do have the app BOX, but I haven't really used it. Mainly because it doesn't give the option to multi select. Drives me crazy I have to go through each one of my photos/videos, document or anything else.
    10-07-11 12:02 AM
    It's $4.99 on Android, not free. Worth it.
    10-07-11 05:01 AM
    Highly recommend this. Its so smooth and the graphics and gameplay are really great. Wasn't one for golf games, but finding this really enjoyable. Online multiplayer needs more people but that aside, really like it.
    10-07-11 05:45 AM
    Just downloaded the game this morning and had what I thought was a freezing issue mentioned in an earlier post... but it went through successfully.

Booted up the game and I knew by the crisp sound of the opening scene that it would be good and I wasn't disappointed
    10-07-11 08:09 AM
    This is a very nice game. The controls are well thought out; the graphics are very good; and the difficulty is about right. I thought this was going to be too easy, but once you start playing other courses, the difficulty goes up.

On annoying bug I encountered is with the out of bounds detection. In England, I think hole 15 or 16 is a long, curving par 4. If you reach it with Vincent's explosive power, it should be possible to cut off the entire curve and reach the green in 1. However, as the ball sails over the trees, it registers as out of bounds. This has happened to me twice.

I also noticed you can't aim more than about 10 degrees to the left or right of center, which does limit your choices in cutting off dog legs.

Anyone know where I can find a guide of the locations of the on-course gold medals? I can't find the third on England, and since this is rather gimicky, I'd rather not spend any more time searching for those on-course gold medals.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-11 09:12 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD