keep gettig an install error 0008 e-mailed support and waiting on response anyone else notice this
    10-24-11 08:32 PM
    I just notice this in the app world and i came here for some first impressions. So far not off to a good start, but i'll downloading it in a few mins. Hopefully i'll have better results.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-11 08:52 PM
    yeah for .99 cents it wont be wasted as it will be fixed for all if its a major bug, and some if its minor.
    10-24-11 08:56 PM
    downloaded twice and ended up getting the same 0008 error message when the game was ready to be installed. Might as well send the dev. another e-mail and hopefully this will be fixed soon.

10-24-11 09:16 PM
    wonder if we can get a playbook user with 2.0 os to try
    10-24-11 09:33 PM
    I am on 2.0 and it doesn't install. Just gives me the above mentioned error.

10-25-11 03:35 AM
    Damn. I received and auto response from the devs. This morning talking about to make sure I had the lasest firmware installed and to contact Blackberry customer support! I included all my specs. With my first e-mail so that's how I know it was an auto e-mail from them. With I'm curious about is why their game also appers in the "newest" category as well. With this being version 1.0 I'm guessing theirs some known issues with this game. Here's to a fix by the end of the day.

10-25-11 06:38 AM
    I'm getting the same error. Anyone hear anything from AppWorld or the developer?
    10-25-11 08:02 AM
    I'm getting the same error. Anyone hear anything from AppWorld or the developer?
    Same error here and it will not install. Sent email to dev got same response as above and bb customer support said to contact dev. So it does not look good in getting any help. Perhaps someone will have better luck.
    App world customer support is looking into it as I just got another email from them suggesting to make sure I was running latest os 1.0.7.3312

Last edited by solsticegt1; 10-25-11 at 08:57 AM.
    10-25-11 08:43 AM
    Getting the same error here as well...
    10-25-11 09:08 AM
    Tried both on os 1.07 and os2. none of them work. Email Dev and told me they are checking it. that is weird. aren't apps supposed to be validated before beign sent to app world?
    10-25-11 04:43 PM
    Sometimes there is a glitch in App World that causes this. It's usually sorted out in a day or two. I wouldn't necessarily hold it against the developer.

I have the same error, the dev emailed me back and said they have contacted RIM and are hoping for it to be fixed asap.
    10-25-11 04:53 PM
    hope they can get it ironed out in a few days, looking forward to playing this.
    10-25-11 05:34 PM
    This was a response that I reveived after sending my second email.

Hi,
    a lot of customers seem to had the same problem, we are sorry for this and we are trying to contact RIM/BlackBerry to understand what's wrong. The installation doesn't depend on us but seem that the file has a signing problem, the strange thing for us is that they have approved the release.

7 Raven Studios Team

10-26-11 02:15 AM
    They updated it to 1.0.1 but I'm still not able to install it. Same error.
    DavidRupa likes this.
    10-26-11 04:32 AM
    They took it out the App World this morning. it doesnt even appear on my list of uninstalled games anymore.

10-26-11 06:02 AM
    bump out...going to refund
    10-26-11 06:03 AM
    This email was just sent to me from the devs.

"Hi.The game has been fixed, the version is 1.0.2 and has been sent to RIM/BlackBerry for the approve.For any news please join our facebook page:"

Im heading to work now so I won't be able to download it again until this evening so I'm looking forward to hearing some impressions from you from you guys today. Hopefully this is the fix were all looking for. Enjoy!

Last edited by blackcaneaddict; 10-26-11 at 06:22 AM.
    10-26-11 06:19 AM
    This email was just sent to me from the devs.

"Hi.The game has been fixed, the version is 1.0.2 and has been sent to RIM/BlackBerry for the approve.For any news please join our facebook page:"

Im heading to work now so I won't be able to download it again until this evening so I'm looking forward to hearing some impressions from you from you guys today. Hopefully this is the fix were all looking for. Enjoy!

Wanna redownload but now the app is missing from appworld...headache...

10-26-11 07:45 AM
    It's coming back, they sent out a fixed version to RIM and are awaiting App World approval. I really hope it works this time otherwise I am trying to get a refund ...
    10-26-11 08:33 AM
    I'm having the same issue now with the update to Battle Frogs II. It's sad that developers are losing money and getting poor reviews due to App World errors that have nothing to do with them.

I won't be seeking a refund, I will wait for the issue to get ironed out, just like I hope people would do for me if the shoe was on the other foot.
    10-26-11 11:13 PM
    Another dev. E-mail update:
    "Version 1.0.2 has been approved by RIM, released and processed for the appWorld, should be available in few hours.We hope the problem is fixed7 Raven Studios Team"

Looks like I'll be able to try the game out before heading to work in a few hours. Gotta feeling that this was worth the additional wait time!

10-27-11 01:55 AM
    You can search for it in App World and it should show, at least it did for me. Unfortunately, I had to pay again for it.
    10-27-11 02:18 AM
    I don't have any download/buy/install button and it does not even show up in my uninstalled section.

I got a new email from them and emailed them about the new issues I got.

Hi,
    the game has been released and available on the AppWorld but there is a problem, due to a RIM mistake it must be repaid.
    I know this is a problem and we are so sorry for this, we are trying to contact them to know why.

We understand if you won't pay again for it.
    We are also checking how we can fix the problem and also create some FREE ticket to get another of our games.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
    7 Raven Studios Team.
    10-27-11 02:33 AM
    @Michelle
    Was it worth the extra buck? Any impressions on this one would go a long way for the undecided.

10-27-11 02:36 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD