Hello,

I am a developer of Wired Games (Wired-Games). A while ago I created an app called Last Light and published it for iOs. Apple shortly after featured it as the nr. 1 "gorgeous game".
    Now, Blackberry has a program, to stimulate developers to create apps for the Blackberry. I got into this program, and I started working... and today Last Light got published on the Blackberry App World!

Last Light is an arcade game. Here is some more info and screenshots of it:

Last Light on the BlackBerry App World

The world lived in peace; light and darkness balanced. They had to be balanced; light couldn't do without darkness and darkness without light. One day darkness forgot it couldn’t do without light and attacked! In the darkness beasts formed and began hunting down the Light.

You are the Last Light. Defend yourself by shining your light on the beasts of darkness.

Quick feature overview:
    -Share your scores with the world.
    -Beautiful artwork.
    -Includes over 40 challenging achievements.
    -Includes a clear tutorial to get you going.
    -Much more.

Screenshots:

I hope you enjoy Last Light, and let me know what you think!

Best regards,
    Arthur Brussee

wired-games (at) hotmail.com
    Wired-Games
    Twitter
    Last edited by WiredGames; 12-18-11 at 04:46 AM.
    Bisboxer likes this.
    12-01-11 12:01 PM
    Only $0.99. Buying it now.
    12-01-11 12:48 PM
    Played a couple of rounds and I like it so far. It's a top down shooter similar to Geometry wars but with a neat light mechanic.

The graphics are very nice. Touch controls are very responsive which is vital to a game like this. There's an option for virtual joystick but I like the touch controls better. The soundtrack is very mellow, would make for a good headphone game.

Nicely done, Wired Games.
    00stryder likes this.
    12-01-11 01:04 PM
    Just bought it!
    12-01-11 02:21 PM
    @Rob Robertson: Thank you for the mini review! I'm happy you liked it. If you could post this mini review in the blackberry app store, would be greatly appreciated

@Brockmoreno: Enjoy!
    12-01-11 04:02 PM
    LOL, I saw the headline and thought it was another ***** predicting the death of the PB. I'm very happy that it wasn't. Though I am not really into games, I wish you the best of luck and thank you for bringing new apps to the PB.
    00stryder likes this.
    12-01-11 04:10 PM
    Does anyone know if it works on OS 2.0?
    12-01-11 05:15 PM
    wow cool thanks for supporting the playbook! Nice to hear they are incentivizing developers!
    Things are taking off!
    12-01-11 05:17 PM
    LOL, I saw the headline and thought it was another ***** predicting the death of the PB. I'm very happy that it wasn't. Though I am not really into games, I wish you the best of luck and thank you for bringing new apps to the PB.
    I did too lol I came in with my guns ablazin lol
    12-01-11 05:18 PM
    I did too lol I came in with my guns ablazin lol

I bought it, I like it!
    12-01-11 05:20 PM
    @Rob Robertson: I see that you have left your review in the app world, thank you! (Or someone has a extremele similair opinion to you)

@justincase1911: Your avatar really makes your point :P But no, the Playbook is pretty awesome, and who enjoys posting in a fan forum that it's bad? Probably just trolls.

@Blackjack93117: Glad you like it, and yeah, Blackberry is awesome for incentivizing developers
    axllebeer likes this.
    12-02-11 02:39 AM
    Although people can get an idea already, but I thought I'd save some the trouble of posting a youtube review of the game. [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hggO7YLPa7g[/YT] Anyways, haven't bought the game yet, but I'll leave a review if I do.
    12-02-11 02:59 AM
    I didn't even know there was a review on Youtube, that's pretty cool, thanks for posting!

Note: The review is about the iOs version. The Playbook version has some more features. The iOs version is currently 1.2, the Playbook version is v1.5. The iOs version will be updated soon.
    12-02-11 03:06 AM
    PlaybookDaily.com did a little article about Last Light

You can read it over here
    12-02-11 10:56 AM
    I have recieved some very positive reviews. Last Light still has all of it's 5 stars! Thanks everybody

@Venichie: Did you end up buying it?
    12-03-11 06:40 AM
    I'll be honest, and say I haven't yet... Mainly because I'm beginning to run low on memory, and trying to be more wise with my purchases (I have alot of apps that just take up space now).
    I also checked how your app was doing on the App Store, and would recommend a free trial version. Perhaps you could allow them to play the game, but only be able to play one game mode with a timer (timer giving them a short game play to test it out, but allowing them to play over without getting far each time)... that's just an ex. though.

Although I love developers/designer, and would love to be one someday (although I think I'll never see my visions come to pass). I'll purchase your game now, and leave feedback.
    12-04-11 02:23 AM
    No pressure, don't worry Glad you bought it though.

I might do a free trail someday, but I feel the concept doesn't really work well for a free trail. A timer is unfortunatly forbidden on iOs, all games must be playable indefenitly (yea, crazy Apple....)

And if you want to be a developer, just go for it! It doesn't really cost money (if you release a game that is), it might even make you a lot, is a great experience, and really helps you understand a lot of things. It is great
    12-05-11 03:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD