Hi,

Im curious to know which language does most of you use to develop apps for the playbook?

Any reason why?

Thanks
    01-21-17 12:02 PM
    English, because it's a main language

Posted via CB10
    01-21-17 01:00 PM
    English, because it's a main language

Posted via CB10
    Haha...

He's got you there! If it's a Canadian app, make sure to include français, too! :P
    01-21-17 01:22 PM
    Hahah, sorry guys... I've missed the point here... I was rather looking at the programming language, WebWorks, Native SDK, adobe Air?

I'm looking for suggestion at this point in time compare to what the initial suggestions were back in the days in 2011. I know Air is used by a few of you.. but is this old habits? Should I lean for WebWorks?

I'm in the process of building a new app, which will require access to bluetooth or Wifi adapter. I'm not a C++ but a HTML5 dev. If I need to learn Air that would be easier than Native but Im looking for suggestion at this point.

Hope this clears out the initial request.

Thanks
    01-21-17 01:32 PM
    Hope this clears out the initial request.

Thanks
    I'm not sure if the other user was serious or not but I thought it seemed pretty obvious. Sorry to run with bad joke but I'm a dad now so I'm kind of obligated to do such things...

I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you but I am curious to know if you are actually planning to develop an app FOR the PlayBook... I mean, go for it if you've got a great idea but what is your aim there?
    01-21-17 05:22 PM
    Im planning to create an app to get car media centers for kids controlled by the front area through another playbook or bb phone.

We dont have tvs in our cars and itd be great to have headrest mounts for the playbooks and having one master playbook that controls the 1-2-3 slave playbook that could be watching different movies etc.
    01-21-17 06:58 PM
    Im planning to create an app to get car media centers for kids controlled by the front area through another playbook or bb phone.

We dont have tvs in our cars and itd be great to have headrest mounts for the playbooks and having one master playbook that controls the 1-2-3 slave playbook that could be watching different movies etc.
    Well, I would certainly be into that! The primary use for ours is for our daughter watching movies in the car. The leather flip case allows it to easily slide into a large elastic strap that goes snug around the headrest.

It sounds like an ambitious undertaking for your app though. Any ideas on how it would connect? And are you attempting to create an entire media player? I'm wondering if there are any remote desktop style apps that would work for the Playbook and BB10.
    01-22-17 12:45 PM
    The initial goal, would be to gain control of the playbook's remote file, and simply selecting one that would start playing. I think wifi would work best for this, but maybe bluetooth could work better since itll be in the car.

Im still debating on which language would probably work best for this.
    01-23-17 06:43 PM
    Pretty sure most of us developed using Adobe AIR because that's what the platform started with, you basically had to use AIR.
    Anyway, it's good to see there's still interest from some items to develop for the platform.
    02-08-17 07:56 AM
    hi.
    i am not a pogrammer, but still enjoy BB and playbook.
    just wondering if you have managed to conclude your project and implement that media control in car ? pleased to know people arent giving up on BB
    04-20-17 09:06 PM