Hey guys, not long ago i bought this app and it automatically turned out to be one of the best apps i've used on my PlayBook. It's just so useful that i can't see myself using my PlayBook without it. I sent the developer a mail asking for this to be added/fixed and i wanted to share it with the community so, if someone have something else to add feel free to do so.

• Regarding Built-in Video Player - Can you make it able to play movies formats not supported by the PlayBook? Lots of apps are doing this, like StreamingNow for example and if you guys add the ability to add subtitles to the Videos you're watching by browsing for the file it would be a killer feature.
    • Make a Playlist with your music - This would simply rock, if i could be able to make Playlist with the music files from my PC on my PlayBook trough LAN File Explorer... oh man.
    • Linux Support - I think this is very important, it should at least be considered in any future update.
    • Problems with FileHub - I give this app almost a everyday use, sometimes i noticed FileHub changes the default IP and it doesn't matters if i put it on my PlayBook, it will never establish a connection.

I also asked for some sort of UI refresh as we app junkies love to see in any update, any more ideas to help make this app better?
    gaoliang21 likes this.
    04-21-12 10:16 AM
    Hi iSin,

Thank you very much for the valuable suggestion. Here are the answers:

1. Regarding Built-in Video Player - Can you make it able to play movies formats not supported by the PlayBook? Lots of apps are doing this, like StreamingNow for example and if you guys add the ability to add subtitles to the Videos you're watching by browsing for the file it would be a killer feature.
    We're currently busy with updates for audio playback and photo slideshow. For the video part, we will consider it after all of the above are done.

2. Make a Playlist with your music - This would simply rock, if i could be able to make Playlist with the music files from my PC on my PlayBook trough LAN File Explorer... oh man.
    It's just around the corner We are working on it right now and should be able to submit the new update to App World today. Hopefully get approved next week. It's able to create playlist for current folder on the fly. It supports features like shuffle, repeat, prev, next, etc. Personally I like it very much.

3. Linux Support - I think this is very important, it should at least be considered in any future update.
    Technically it's easy because FileHub is implemented using java. We did consider to support Linux at the beginning. It just doesn't have top priority at this point.

4. Problems with FileHub - I give this app almost a everyday use, sometimes i noticed FileHub changes the default IP and it doesn't matters if i put it on my PlayBook, it will never establish a connection.
    We are unable to reproduce this issue. Please email us some details if you have. We'll look into this ASAP.

5. I also asked for some sort of UI refresh as we app junkies love to see in any update
    Once most requested features are done, we'll update UI to make it fresher and look better.

Thanks for your support.
    Last edited by gaoliang21; 04-21-12 at 01:17 PM.
    iSin likes this.
    04-21-12 12:55 PM
    It's also one of my favs. Definitely a 5/5

Wishlist:

Different ways to sort files
    Ability to delete files
    Group files by type
    Have it save your last position in a movie/audio file

Forgot to add: ability to save several hosts (currently alternating between my laptop and desktop)
    Last edited by savedmedia; 04-21-12 at 01:01 PM.
    gaoliang21 likes this.
    04-21-12 12:58 PM
    Im amazed of how fast the dev team answered to this, one more reason to love this app. Excited to know we're getting an update soon, looking forward to it.

Btw, that several hosts idea is very awesome.
    gaoliang21 likes this.
    04-21-12 05:00 PM
    Just let you guys know that LAN File Explorer v2.5 was submitted to App World a few minutes ago. Hope it can be approved next week.
    iSin, anon(4086706) and canuckvoip like this.
    04-21-12 11:04 PM
    The best feature you could add for me is CIFS and then i wouldnt need a server on my PC. I'd rather just go straight to my NAS storage device without a pc running.
    04-22-12 01:08 PM
    Does this app allow playing through the HDMI port.
    05-11-12 06:00 AM
    Does this app allow playing through the HDMI port.
    Yes, it does. I don't see why it wouldn't. I have it and it does, so don't worry
    05-11-12 07:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD