So I've been having major issues with Splashtop lately in that it simply does not work and fails to connect. Even after many re-installs and stuff.
    The complete lack of being able to contacting tech support for some assistance is a big hindrance for me. All I can find are the support forums on their website which only offer other people having the same issues as me without anyone offering any good solution.

Has anyone been able to contact support for Splashtop directly? The e-mail adress in App World simply gets bounced (eg doesn't exist). On their website I can't contact anyone from the company for support either. For a paid app I believe this is really poor.
    02-27-12 04:30 AM
    I have been exchanging several emails with them on support-splashtop-remote@splashtop.com, made all the changes they suggested to Kaspersky and windows firewall to no avail. The programme discovers remotely very easily my desktop via gmail, but crashes as soon as I try to connect. I have given up.
    02-27-12 05:37 AM
    Do yourself a favor and sideload "phone my pc" a Android app that works great and you can find the bar here in the forums.
    02-27-12 06:32 AM
    I have been exchanging several emails with them on support-splashtop-remote@splashtop.com, made all the changes they suggested to Kaspersky and windows firewall to no avail. The programme discovers remotely very easily my desktop via gmail, but crashes as soon as I try to connect. I have given up.
    Could you perhaps forward me those instructions via PM, I'd like to give them a go but it sounds we're having similar issues.
    02-27-12 07:26 AM
    (check "Do not scan opened files" for each added file)
    Firewall Settings for Splashtop Remote - Kaspersky 2012 : Splashtop Remote - Support

Hope it helps. I also have done the same with the Windows firewall.
    fbloise likes this.
    02-27-12 07:48 AM
    (check "Do not scan opened files" for each added file)
    Firewall Settings for Splashtop Remote - Kaspersky 2012 : Splashtop Remote - Support

Hope it helps. I also have done the same with the Windows firewall.
    I was having the same problem, glad your hint fixed and is now working
    02-28-12 06:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD