The Playbook's lack of apps is partly due to the fact that RIM has yet to release the native development kit (ndk).

Anyone know when they will be releasing it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-11 04:06 AM
    The Playbook's lack of apps is partly due to the fact that RIM has yet to release the native development kit (ndk).

Anyone know when they will be releasing it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    "RIM will add full tooling support for native C/C++ development for the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet over the coming months. We�re highly confident about this. The QNX team RIM acquired to develop our BlackBerry Tablet OS has won awards for its Eclipse-based native Integrated Development Environment (�IDE�)."
    04-24-11 05:01 AM
    Any day now, I'd wager. I guess it's all flash/air apps now?
    04-24-11 06:01 AM
    I think that there were issues in figuring out to sign applications properly which also causes a delay.
    04-24-11 06:29 AM
    I still cannot FATHOM why they'd push this baby out without Twitter application. Wreckless.

Also, some of these applications are BEYOND embarrassing.. they should have never put the crap out there. There should have been at least one really strong music creation application too, right out of the gate no matter what. These dooshy pianos and an ABYSMAL "ambient" music app are just fuel to the hater fire, and really stick in the craw even to this loyalist.

I understand some of the issues, but one or two really key apps in one or two key categories would have made an immense difference. I suggest they do everything they can to avoid the Crapple Trap of allowing dumb apps into the system. Have some taste and discrimination. Don't waste our time or embarrass yourselves.
    04-25-11 06:39 PM
    i can't even access AppWorld. I'm searching for the "issue and resolution" now but no luck so far.

dd
    04-25-11 06:45 PM
    TAT needs to make a sports app! I know ScoreMobile is coming, but a TAT app would be awesome!
    04-25-11 06:54 PM
    i really would like to see some good TAT based apps. the potential is great from what i have seen of their work
    04-25-11 07:14 PM
    I'm pretty sure some if not all of the TAT apps we saw online will be on App World eventually.
    04-25-11 07:21 PM
    i really would like to see some good TAT based apps. the potential is great from what i have seen of their work
    TAT apps are what I am very excited for...I imagine by now they are 100% on the blackberry platform...after finishing prior contracts.
    04-25-11 07:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD