05-08-12 12:30 PM
34 12
tools
    Just saw on Facebook, another update to seasons is comming; cherry blossom.

Seasons on playbook still needs Xmas and year of the dragon.
    Why is the playbook version not getting updated?

Angry birds in space is said to be coming to the playbook march 22nd. Why bother getting it when you know it will never get updates?
    03-06-12 12:11 PM
    That would be an excellent question for Rovio support.

Support - Rovio Entertainment Ltd
    03-06-12 12:22 PM
    There is an episode missing from Rio as well. I can only imagine that they are working on getting caught up. Rovio have essentially promised to make an effort for the Playbook, and I expect that they will keep it, sooner or later.

Sent from my BlackBerry Playbook using Tapatalk
    03-06-12 12:55 PM
    Probably focusing on the new title release (Space), which we should be getting on the playbook too.
    03-06-12 01:29 PM
    i just saw the 'NASA angry birds announcement' video on facebook, and it lists 'space' as coming soon for ios, android, mac and pc....no BB 2.0

so perhaps space is not going to be on PB, which means 'seasons' updates are not likely to ever happen.
    03-08-12 11:29 AM
    Rovio sent me this email last night:

"the updating schedule varies by platform, as we simply do not have resources to release updates on all platforms at the same time. the playbook version of seasons is still quite new, therefore it hasn't received all the updates the other versions have."
    03-09-12 07:34 AM
    I was hoping to get Space tooo ... But noted lack of BB in the ad. Not good. guess only time will tell
    03-09-12 04:11 PM
    space is about 2.5 weeks late, and thats not a problem to me.
    my problem is, rovio doesn't update the other bird games on playbook.

if space is accompanied by updates for seasons and rio, i will buy. but, i suspect once rovio has my money, they will never update space on the playbook. ios and android will have many many levels that i will never see.
    04-10-12 07:49 AM
    First people complain it's not here, then it comes and they complain its not getting updates at the same rate as other platforms. Some people are never satisfied.

You should just be glad that Rovio even wanted to make a native AB for the PB, let alone make all 3 including the new one(space?). They could have gone the cheap and easy route and just ported over the android version for running in the android player.

Face it, the PB isn't the little darling we all think it is with a huge market share. There is simply way more users on ios and android, therefore they get updates and new games way before we(PB owners) even get on the Dev's radars. Rovio has said they will update seasons and others in a timely fashion(they are rather new on the PB platform), I will simply wait patiently for the updates to come.
    Last edited by homer1475; 04-10-12 at 08:05 AM.
    Carl Estes and aminrajabi like this.
    04-10-12 07:55 AM
    Hey complainer-pants:

SUCK IT UP PRINCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    04-10-12 08:00 AM
    oh, so i should just throw my money at them like a sucker knowing full well space won't get updates?
    that may be fine for you morons, but not me.
    Last edited by drummer_god; 04-10-12 at 08:07 AM.
    04-10-12 08:05 AM
    oh, so i should just throw my money at them like a sucker knowing full well space won't get updates?
    Who said it won't get updates?

Do you work for Rovio or know some inside information none of us do?

You have an email from Rovio stating they will update the PB platform games once they are a little older(would assume this is the same update procedure they had on the other platforms as well). You just will not accept the email as truth. You loss not ours.

Because I support devs on the PB(buy their apps) guess that makes me a moron. You on the other hand, not accepting an email from the company that makes said games as truth, makes you the moron.
    04-10-12 08:12 AM
    you are a moron for calling me a complainer because i choose not to purchase a product from a developer who has a track record of not supporting its games on this platform.

i said i would buy 'space' once i see the updates to rovio's other bird games ( seasons is not 1 update behind, but 3 ).

that is less complaining as it is being an unsatisfied customer. there is a difference.
    04-10-12 08:20 AM
    Dude, you don't know jack... Quit whining
    04-10-12 08:33 AM
    wow. logic doesn't exist in these forums.

i'd have less insults hurled at me if i started another 'where's netflix and skype' thread.
    04-10-12 08:37 AM
    iOS Versions are.99 and on PB they are $4.99, their is no justification for us not getting updated. Also these guys became damn near billionaires from this game, so to say they are lacking the resources is simply inexcusable. Let go of the cash a little and hire a guy to update this platform.

I have already bought RIO, Seasons and the original on my iphone and the ONLY reason I will not buy it on PB is the price, what I paid $2.97 for on my phone will cost $14.97 on my PB????

It's not complaining when they religiously update the other platforms that cost 1/5th the price. Yes there are fewer customers on the PB but these dev's charging so much for apps is not helping them get more people to the platform. My #1 reason for not buying an app is the prices in AppWorld. Mind you most apps are not needed on the PB because we have flash but when I do want an app it is almost always overpriced and under supported. Just look at cut the rope and PvZ, both have had 3+ updates but 0 content updates despite ALL other platforms having more content for over a year.

EDIT: I'm not complaining about PvZ lack of zen garden etc. Both games are great and were just used to prove a point.
    Last edited by CrackBook77; 04-10-12 at 08:50 AM.
    yanicmb likes this.
    04-10-12 08:47 AM
    shh....the morons are coming to flame you.
    VanCity778 likes this.
    04-10-12 08:50 AM
    iOS Versions are.99 and on PB they are $4.99, their is no justification for us not getting updated. Also these guys became damn near billionaires from this game, so to say they are lacking the resources is simply inexcusable. Let go of the cash a little and hire a guy to update this platform.

I have already bought RIO, Seasons and the original on my iphone and the ONLY reason I will not buy it on PB is the price, what I paid $2.97 for on my phone will cost $14.97 on my PB????

It's not complaining when they religiously update the other platforms that cost 1/5th the price. Yes there are fewer customers on the PB but these dev's charging so much for apps is not helping them get more people to the platform. My #1 reason for not buying an app is the prices in AppWorld. Mind you most apps are not needed on the PB because we have flash but when I do want an app it is almost always overpriced and under supported. Just look at cut the rope and PvZ, both have had 3+ updates but 0 content updates despite ALL other platforms having more content for over a year.

EDIT: I'm not complaining about PvZ lack of zen garden etc. Both games are great and were just used to prove a point.
    I thought that after a bit of research that the PlayBook prices are comparable to other platforms "HD" released games. Also, it appears as though there are in-app purchases for the iOS version, which I can see offsetting the up-front cost.

I'm excited to buy Angry Birds: Space, but I probably won't play it much. I buy tons of apps to show my appreciation for developer support on the PlayBook, so maybe that's why I'm not as nit-picky as most.
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    04-10-12 09:11 AM
    iOS Versions are.99 and on PB they are $4.99, their is no justification for us not getting updated.
    Angry Birds HD versions are $2.99 on the ipad and android tablets.
    04-10-12 10:08 AM
    yea, but they also have in-app purchases ( more levels cost money ).
    what is the total price after in-app purchases ( i've read $3.99 total, but can't say for sure )?

is the playbook version the full version for $4.99 or will playbook owners be required to pay on top of that as well?

something to consider before determining if playbook owners are getting ripped-off on 'space'.
    04-10-12 10:20 AM
    yea, but they also have in-app purchases ( more levels cost money ).
    what is the total price after in-app purchases ( i've read $3.99 total, but can't say for sure )?

is the playbook version the full version for $4.99 or will playbook owners be required to pay on top of that as well?

something to consider before determining if playbook owners are getting ripped-off on 'space'.
    I've read somewhere on CrackBerry after the first 2 Angry Birds were released that they are the "full versions" when the cost comparison came up, but taking a brief look on the App Store there are quite a number of varying in-app purchases for the iOS releases. Not sure if Android is the same.

Link to Angry Birds: Space for the iOS platform (read the in-app purchases on the left, along with the reviews)
    04-10-12 10:49 AM
    wow. logic doesn't exist in these forums.

i'd have less insults hurled at me if i started another 'where's netflix and skype' thread.
    You were saying?

http://m.crackberry.com/angry-birds-...evels-included
    05-03-12 06:27 AM
    did seasons get an update?
    05-03-12 10:46 AM
    Not yet for Angry Birds Seasons --- but both the original Angry Birds and Angry Birds Rio got updated with additional levels this week, so ABS will probably be updated within the next few days.
    05-03-12 01:03 PM
    Not yet for Angry Birds Seasons --- but both the original Angry Birds and Angry Birds Rio got updated with additional levels this week, so ABS will probably be updated within the next few days.
    I totally agree.
    05-03-12 02:38 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD