Installed Kobo reader after OS2 Official update. Getting a javascript alert "touchend: Not enough arguments" whenever I try to turn a page.

Tried restarting. Tried reinstalling kobo. Reinstalling OS from scratch is the last resort.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
    Last edited by buster3535; 02-21-12 at 02:08 PM.
    02-21-12 02:04 PM
    Same problem here. Kobo's response was to ask that I ensure that I am using version 1.4.21, which, best I can tell, doesn't exist!
    02-21-12 07:13 PM
    was reading a Kobo book before the upgrade, closed Kobo, upgraded and reopened Kobo and continued reading without any problem
    02-21-12 07:16 PM
    The Kobo app already comes with the PlayBook. I'm unsure as to why you had to download it when it was already installed at the factory?

btw, mine works fine.
    02-21-12 07:16 PM
    Yes, the "eBooks by Kobo" app comes with the PlayBook and before the upgrade to OS2.0 it worked (although it was missing the ability to search within a book, zoom on an image, and the in-text links didn't work - unlike on other versions of Kobo for other devices).

After the upgrade to OS2.0, every click on the page, while reading a book, generates the pop-up:

JavaScript Alert
    touchend: Not enough arguments

The alert can be dismissed by pressing OK and the page changes, but, if I want to turn a page again, then up comes the pop-up.
    02-21-12 07:37 PM
    No Kobo issues here. Was reading a book before the upgrade and can now continue from the same page that was last on the screen. This all in version 1.4.2.1
    02-21-12 08:10 PM
    same here.everything will met error .
    02-21-12 08:25 PM
    No Kobo issues here. Was reading a book before the upgrade and can now continue from the same page that was last on the screen. This all in version 1.4.2.1
    trainzer,
    If you go to AppWorld on your playbook, can you confirm that under My World you have listed:

eBooks by Kobo

and can you confirm what version is indicated there? On my Playbook, under MyWorld I have "eBooks by Kobo, version 1.3.1" and if I do a search of AppWorld, that is the same version that I see there. I'm wondering if the OS upgrade to 2.0 installs a newer version (1.4.21) which is not available on AppWorld (at least for me in Canada). I had done a reinstall (of the app) and I'm wondering if I've effectively replaced a new version by an old version.
    02-21-12 08:36 PM
    SOLVED

I had the same issue. However, I noticed that a small amount of the upgrade to 2.0 hadn't completed - about 29MB and the upgrade icon was showing at the top of the screen. After completing that small additional upgrade the app worked as expected and the JavaScript error no longer occured.
    Last edited by caribbeansun; 02-22-12 at 07:17 AM.
    02-21-12 10:27 PM
    NOT SOLVED

Still a problem here. No indication that update to OS2.0 was not completed. Reinstalling eBooks by Kobo from AppWorld gives version 1.3.1. What version does everyone else have?
    02-22-12 11:18 AM
    Same issue here. I reinstalled mobile in case that was the problem and still won't work without the error message. Kobo were next to useless (again) and told me to report it to BB.
    02-22-12 11:25 AM
    I'm on version 1.3.1 also.
    02-22-12 11:30 AM
    Same problem here after upgrade to OS 2 and version 1.3.1 of Kobo
    02-22-12 12:04 PM
    Okay,
    I have a second PlayBook (16GB) which was running the original OS. I had forgotten the password, so after entering 10 incorrect passwords, the 16GB Playbook reset itself to the factory setting. One of the first things it did on restarting was to upgrade itself to OS2.0. After completing the initialization process I checked MyWorld (in AppWorld) and see that "eBooks by Kobo, version 1.4.2.1" is installed. If I touch on the Kobo icon I am taken to the description in the AppWorld, where the version offered is 1.4.2.1. When I start the "eBooks by Kobo" app and log into my Kobo account, the app works as it did before the OS upgrade. Still no functional links, no zoom, no search, but also no "touchend" error!

Back to the 32GB Playbook with OS 2.0. MyWorld shows I have "eBooks by Kobo version 1.3.1" and a search of AppWorld only offers up version 1.3.1. There is no version 1.4.2.1 available! Something tells me that the upgrade to OS2.0 did not go correctly on this Playbook, or, by uninstalling eBooks by Kobo I have somehow confused the entire environ. I'll keep looking, but I suspect an operating system reinstall maybe required
    02-22-12 12:32 PM
    I've had a response from Kobo via twitter saying 1.3.1 is the latest version of Kobo!! What's going on here???
    SemperFi1127 likes this.
    02-22-12 02:10 PM
    Right Kobo Are now saying via twitter that 1.4.2.1 is the latest version and they are now following me so they can DM me so they can sort this out. I'll let you know when I hear more.
    02-22-12 02:37 PM
    same problem, and in portrait mode it is acting really wierd, hope they come back to you asap and you can share the solution. a bit frustrating.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    02-22-12 05:42 PM
    Okay, it seems that I have fixed the Kobo version problem on my machine as follows.

Downloaded and installed BlackBerry Desktop Software (version 6.1.0.36 on an XP machine).
    Started BBDS.
    Turned off Playbook.
    Plugged in (USB connection) to computer.
    The red indicator on the Playbook comes on and a popup opens on the computer indicating that BBDS cannot communicate with the connected device.
    Click on "Update�".
    Popup gets replaced by a new popup (title: "Load BlackBerry Tablet OS", saying "Please wait while your BlackBerry Tablet OS is updated." After com.qnx.coreos.qcfm.os.factory.desktop software is downloaded to the computer, the popup indicates "Installing tablet software". Total time for download and install is about half an hour. Process finishes with another popup indicating "Your software update is complete. To continue using your tablet with the BlackBerry Desktop Software, you need to reconnect it after the update is complete.", and the Playbook reboots.
    Another BBDS popup "Please disconnect the device. The device must be disconnected to complete the update process." happens while Playbook is rebooting.
    Windows balloon appears on systray "BlackBerry Device Manager. Setup hasn't completed for the connected BlackBerry PlayBook tablet. Disconnect your device and finish setting it up (or complete the setup), then reconnect it to your computer."
    Disconnect Playbook from computer.

On completion of boot process the Playbook is back at the start of the initialization (asking for Language and Country/Region). Complete initialization through to entering BB ID and password. Next page (Configuration) indicates "In order to finish configuring your PlayBook for your region additional files are required." Press Continue. 25MB of data is downloaded and installed. Playbook restarts without me even pressing the Restart button that is displayed. After restart, a blue screen is displayed titled "Software Update" with the text "Installation Successful", "PlayBook OS Update Version 2.0.0.7971". Swipe left to continue. Skip BB Bridge. Work through intro tutorial. Swipe left to continue and press "Done".
    Open AppWorld and check MyWorld. Facebook, Need for Speed, and Tetris need upgrading, but I have "eBooks by Kobo version 1.4.2.1" and that's the version found with a search of AppWorld on the Playbook!! No more "endtouch" alerts. Still limited functions (no in-text links, no zoom, no in-text search) compared to the Kobo app on the iPhone, but it's back to the way it was.
    Now to reload the tablet....

Notes,
    1. No prompt for backup before update occurs.
    2. This does not seem to work with the Mac version of BBDS (version 2.3.0 build 12). There is a point after you plug in the turned-off Playbook that offers you a "Repair�" button, but when I click "Repair" all that happens is that the Playbook continues through it's boot cycle and connects to the Mac.
    Felix1 likes this.
    02-22-12 06:05 PM
    I haven't been prompted for a regional update. Is there one for Canada? Perhaps that's the problem?
    02-22-12 10:17 PM
    there was a small update last might and three things happened, no error now on kobo books, bbc iplayer app installed as well as bbc news app.

02-23-12 01:04 AM
    I haven't been prompted for a regional update. Is there one for Canada? Perhaps that's the problem?
    I only saw the regional update when I did the "restore to factory default" on the 32 GB PlayBook. I didn't notice a regional update when I ran Software Updates on the 16GB PlayBook.
    02-23-12 01:34 AM
    I deleted the playbook version of kobo as soon as I got my pb since it cannot scan and open epubs that I have on my pb's memory. The android version does do this, so I am using that version of kobo now. It is my main book reader on my pb. Just a tip especially if the native version is crashing.
    02-23-12 01:36 AM
    same problem, and in portrait mode it is acting really wierd, hope they come back to you asap and you can share the solution. a bit frustrating.

No response as yet but will chase it today.
    02-23-12 01:56 AM
    My updated Playbook has the same problem as others -- I cannot turn a page without getting an error message. I tried re-installing Kobo, but to no effect. How does one go about reinstalling OS2?
    02-24-12 01:03 AM
    My updated Playbook has the same problem as others -- I cannot turn a page without getting an error message. I tried re-installing Kobo, but to no effect. How does one go about reinstalling OS2?
    See:
    1. KB28982-How to downgrade BlackBerry PlayBook tablet from BlackBerry Tablet OS 2.0 Beta to Official Release
    2. Restore PB to factory default - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    3. #18 above
    4. Google "restore to factory default playbook"
    02-24-12 11:29 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD