For whatever reason, when I bookmark something, go do something else, and come back, it sets me to the very end of whatever chapter I am currently at. This only started happing with the last upgrade of the OS and I am about to pitch this thing through a window somewhere. I have rebooted, uninstalled, reinstalled and I have had zero success at getting this fixed. Has anyone else had this issue or am I the only ***** that even uses this awful app.
    08-06-11 04:53 PM
    I have had this problem when i leave kobo open to long in background doing something else. Usual all i have to do is close kobo then reopen and am back to where i should be.
    08-06-11 05:36 PM
    For whatever reason, when I bookmark something, go do something else, and come back, it sets me to the very end of whatever chapter I am currently at. This only started happing with the last upgrade of the OS and I am about to pitch this thing through a window somewhere. I have rebooted, uninstalled, reinstalled and I have had zero success at getting this fixed. Has anyone else had this issue or am I the only ***** that even uses this awful app.
    I've had the same issue, and like you it only started happening with the latest OS upgrade. It's annoying - so much so that I've actually been reading my Kobo books on my iPad - which I'd really prefer not to be doing.
    08-06-11 06:10 PM
    Yeah, I've had the same problem. Seems to happen when I get a BBM or email, too. I just close Kobo and reopen and I'm back where I should be. I keep waiting for the Kindle app or a Nook app and I'll pick that up instead of Kobo. I also wonder if Kobo will continue to offer a wide selection of books now that Borders is closing. I believe Borders owned Kobo.
    08-06-11 06:14 PM
    Is Chapters the same as Borders ? I thought Kobo was owned by Chapters which may just be the Canadian variant...

Anyhoo, yes, others have had this issue so I feel somewhat better. I wonder what is up with the OS messing with it...
    08-06-11 06:53 PM
    I can't go directly to the next chapter when the previous chapter ends. I have to go to the Table of Contents and choose the chapter I want to read, but I have to click on the previous one to get to the one I want. So if I want chapter 5, I have to click on chapter 4 in the ToC. Odd.
    08-06-11 07:10 PM
    Is Chapters the same as Borders ? I thought Kobo was owned by Chapters which may just be the Canadian variant...

Anyhoo, yes, others have had this issue so I feel somewhat better. I wonder what is up with the OS messing with it...
    Borders and Chapters/Indigo are not the same. Kobo is primarily a Chapters spinoff with Borders as their prime US customer/backer.
    08-06-11 07:50 PM
    I can't go directly to the next chapter when the previous chapter ends. I have to go to the Table of Contents and choose the chapter I want to read, but I have to click on the previous one to get to the one I want. So if I want chapter 5, I have to click on chapter 4 in the ToC. Odd.
    I've had the same issue on a recent book. Real annoying.
    08-06-11 07:51 PM
    I have been having the same issue. Now I just leave it on the last page of the chapter instead of turning to the next one. Then when I reopen to read again, I turn the page.
    08-06-11 07:55 PM
    I have been having the same issue. Now I just leave it on the last page of the chapter instead of turning to the next one. Then when I reopen to read again, I turn the page.
    Thanks. That is a good suggestion that I never thought of before. I think it would get kind of annoying, however, since I read often before bed and when I turn it off I am literally too tired to care where I mark the damn thing.

Guess this will be an annoyance until they fix it.
    08-06-11 09:45 PM
    i have found that if i just use the dog ear feature i can always use that to jump to the right spot where i left off.
    08-07-11 01:40 AM
    i have found that if i just use the dog ear feature i can always use that to jump to the right spot where i left off.
    I am going to try it. I did the dog ear once by accident not knowing what it was and never have since. Thanks for the suggestion !
    08-07-11 06:43 AM
    Shouldn't this be in the Apps and Games forum???

http://forums.crackberry.com/playbook-apps-games-f243/

Tim
    Last edited by trsbbs; 08-07-11 at 07:15 AM.
    08-07-11 07:10 AM
    I am having the exact same issue. The only partial solution is to use the Dogears as you go....very disappointing for such a simple application.
    08-16-11 11:11 AM
    I can't even purchase a book from KOBO....it enters any state it wants (not mine)...and then tells me I have problems with the form. Now...it won't recognize my country. I have contacted them twice...with no response...imho...KOBO SUCKS! I want kindle on my PB!
    08-20-11 12:32 AM
    Im having the same problem with kobo at the moment, very annoying when trying tonread and bbm at the same time.

You dont need to use dog ears though tonget back, when you come back to the app and its in the wrong place just bring the menu down and click the library button, opening the book again brings you to the correct place.

Still annoying and Im looking forward to a proper fix or solution.
    09-22-11 06:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD